Ryan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryan's Interview Questions

Interviews at Ryan's

1.7

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan's.

Interview

Applied online, received a call that day for interview. Had interview next day, got there 5 minutes early was told to sit down and the Manager would be right out. About 10 to 15 minutes later the Manager came out. Asked who I was and I told her my name. I know 3 of her employee's had told her I was there. As the interview went on I could clearly see that the Manager never looked at my application. When the Manager found out that I had no experience as a Server, she said that she had other interviews to do that day and didn't want to waste her time on someone that didn't have experience. (By the way there was nothing said about having experience or I wouldn't have applied) She also said that she has to give the job to someone that is more experience and "You are not it". I have never been in a interview that I was told that pretty much I was wasting the Managers time and I was not worth the time. I could tell from the time the Manager finally came out of the back to do the interview and within a minute of the interview that she really didn't even want to do the interviews. Also on the table was a stack of applications that anyone that walked pass the table could look at. Not a good thing.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in the restaurant businesses?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you would be good to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan's (Elizabethtown, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

The manager asked the usual questions as well as adding on a lot of "what if" situations. Easy interview with the general manager, hired on the spot just had to wait for the verification process to be completed.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan's in January 2013.

Interview

I only went through 1 interview with the general manager. He was very nice and it was not intimidating at all. We then took a tour of the building & he showed me around.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was also open to being a cashier & if I was a shy person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greeneville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan's (Greeneville, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

Basically they ask you if you have dealt with customer service and if you know common courtesy. There is no experience required, on the job training. My interview was quick, signed some paperwork, and started the following week.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to a customer that asks something from you?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crossville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan's (Crossville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Availability, accommodations for travel , video informational guidlines, resources for help, registration for taxes, easy and straight forward process without much hassle. Overall an interesting however intuitive approach to redefining the interview process

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan's.

Interview

I walked in and manager said I was hired. I'm guessing I was hired because of my appearance. There was no questions-nothing. Well besides, "When can you start and what kind of hours are you looking for?" That pretty much sums up the interview process.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ryan's (Waxahachie, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

The manager was extremely rude. I told him my name when I first got there then he told me to sit down he came back and said a completely wrong name it was not anywhere close to my name. He did not seem into the conversation at all and like he wasn't even going to bother getting to know me at all. It was a complete waste of time, I don't know if I got the job or not but I highly doubt it nor do I want to work for a manager who is so rude. He seemed nice when I got the application but made no eye contact and was resting his hand on his face and didn't care at all during the interview. It was very short and wasted gas just driving to the place (except that I had another interview that day that went better) Don't waste your time and I don't think I would ever eat there either.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected I basically had to ask all the questions because he had no care in the world   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ryan's (Pensacola, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

When I first applied it took about a week to get any information. I initially had to call where i was 2days later asked for an interview. The managers were laid back and cool. The general manager just asked what she should know about me and mainly watched me as I answered. Then i was introduced to the other manager who told me the dress code if i got hired on. After that process about a week later i was offered the job. I found that through the whole process they were checking to see if i had communication skills, personality, and a willingness to actually work. By willingness to work I mean taking initiative to actually call check up on the status of my application and so on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I really wasnt offered much since it was my first job but you discuss you salary and days you work.

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan's.

Interview

I could tell right off the bat that the interview would potentially be a bust. The guy was distracted, got up for the table multiple times to answer calls from his cell phone. A 10 minute interview turned into 30 minutes because of it. He wasn't interested in what he was doing.

Interview Questions

• If I had any other jobs   1 Answer
    • He then asked if I would leave Caesars to work for Ryan's as a part-time employee.   1 Answer
    • Of course the 'Why do you want to work for this company"   1 Answer
    • He then asked me if I could read and write.   1 Answer

I've interviewed with this company before. Three times in fact for three different positions. It was always the same manager. Every time it was the same song, Sit there, ask idiotic questions, get up from the table on multiple accounts, come back, ask more questions, answer a phone call, feed you lies, tell you he'll call and of course he doesn't because he's not interested. I don't want to work with someone who won't even hear you out. If you are unheard in the an interview ( best impressions and all ) you're not going to be heard out as a slave of the company. Simple.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ryan's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Simple & quick. The manager was friendly enough i guess. But then they have 2 be to get anyone to actually take an offer. The work environment is truly horrible. You shouldn't have to dread to go in 2 work. That's standard here.