Ryan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ryan's Interview Questions

1.8

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan's.

Interview

I walked in and manager said I was hired. I'm guessing I was hired because of my appearance. There was no questions-nothing. Well besides, "When can you start and what kind of hours are you looking for?" That pretty much sums up the interview process.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crossville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan's (Crossville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Availability, accommodations for travel , video informational guidlines, resources for help, registration for taxes, easy and straight forward process without much hassle. Overall an interesting however intuitive approach to redefining the interview process

Area Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan's (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Face to face interview after a phone screen. Tom was an excellent person to interview with. Reviewed training program, training location. Explained testing at each phase of development. Explained the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• I could not answer this specifically due to the interview being in 1991   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan's.

Interview

Applied online, received a call that day for interview. Had interview next day, got there 5 minutes early was told to sit down and the Manager would be right out. About 10 to 15 minutes later the Manager came out. Asked who I was and I told her my name. I know 3 of her employee's had told her I was there. As the interview went on I could clearly see that the Manager never looked at my application. When the Manager found out that I had no experience as a Server, she said that she had other interviews to do that day and didn't want to waste her time on someone that didn't have experience. (By the way there was nothing said about having experience or I wouldn't have applied) She also said that she has to give the job to someone that is more experience and "You are not it". I have never been in a interview that I was told that pretty much I was wasting the Managers time and I was not worth the time. I could tell from the time the Manager finally came out of the back to do the interview and within a minute of the interview that she really didn't even want to do the interviews. Also on the table was a stack of applications that anyone that walked pass the table could look at. Not a good thing.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in the restaurant businesses?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you would be good to work for us?   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryan's.

Interview

I could tell right off the bat that the interview would potentially be a bust. The guy was distracted, got up for the table multiple times to answer calls from his cell phone. A 10 minute interview turned into 30 minutes because of it. He wasn't interested in what he was doing.

Interview Questions

• If I had any other jobs   1 Answer
    • He then asked if I would leave Caesars to work for Ryan's as a part-time employee.   1 Answer
    • Of course the 'Why do you want to work for this company"   1 Answer
    • He then asked me if I could read and write.   1 Answer

I've interviewed with this company before. Three times in fact for three different positions. It was always the same manager. Every time it was the same song, Sit there, ask idiotic questions, get up from the table on multiple accounts, come back, ask more questions, answer a phone call, feed you lies, tell you he'll call and of course he doesn't because he's not interested. I don't want to work with someone who won't even hear you out. If you are unheard in the an interview ( best impressions and all ) you're not going to be heard out as a slave of the company. Simple.

Hospitality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan's (Lexington, SC) in December 2014.

Interview

This company sweet talked me into believing they would be providing me with a high quality of life, strict shifts, and a position helping customers be satisfied with their experience. I ended up work 7 days in a row, 80 odd hours. 12-14 hour days were not uncommon, opening to closing, which closing could take up to 3 hours after the doors were shut. I had no quality of life and was absolutely miserable. If you have an interview for this job, please, don't believe the lies.

Interview Questions

• They used the standard interview questions you can find on any Google search.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got the salary I wanted, but with all the hours I was working, I ended up making <$11 an hour.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ryan's (Pensacola, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

When I first applied it took about a week to get any information. I initially had to call where i was 2days later asked for an interview. The managers were laid back and cool. The general manager just asked what she should know about me and mainly watched me as I answered. Then i was introduced to the other manager who told me the dress code if i got hired on. After that process about a week later i was offered the job. I found that through the whole process they were checking to see if i had communication skills, personality, and a willingness to actually work. By willingness to work I mean taking initiative to actually call check up on the status of my application and so on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I really wasnt offered much since it was my first job but you discuss you salary and days you work.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan's (Maryville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Answered a craigslist offer, got called in, had a ten minute personal interview, filled out an online questionnaire, was employed. No employer's interest in personal history, educational background. No offer to ask questions about the company. The company's representant gave false testimony about when and how the payment would occur. Ryan's is obviously not at all interested in the personality of its employees. After being employed, suggestions about communication structures and organization of the workplace remained unnoticed.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Take it, or leave it.

Cashier, Baker, and Line Serverr Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryan's (West Columbia, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

Saw that they had open interviews on a Tuesday. Went dressed business casual. The GM interviewed me and he would ask questions to try to gauge who I was as a person. Nothing too personal. For example he asked if I had any experience in restaurant work. I replied yes and from there it seemed like a normal conversation not a interview. Just be smart and don't get too comfortable and forget it's a interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said their starting pay was 7.50 and that they would try to see if they could give me a nickle more since I originally asked for $8. I will see if they keep their word when I go for orientation. Not much room to negotiate.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan's (Elizabethtown, KY) in March 2014.

Interview

The manager asked the usual questions as well as adding on a lot of "what if" situations. Easy interview with the general manager, hired on the spot just had to wait for the verification process to be completed.