SDI Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SDI Media Group

2.2

Sort:

Audio Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SDI Media Group.

Interview

I was not given an interview. They regularly post cattle calls and don't respond back. Peers and I have noticed they continually repost the same calls without hiring any workers.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any questions   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SDI Media Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

We had a brief phone screen and then they invited me in for an in-person interview. It was really cordial and nice, and very quick. However, they offered me $17/hr for a position that required 2-3 years of experience (I am currently making $20+/hr for a very similar job), and were completely unwilling to negotiate. Like the other reviews say, they pay REALLY low and for a large international company that should be interested in attracting top talent, that doesn't bode well.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SDI Media Group (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with one executive and two supervisors. They were very professional, yet friendly. It's important to engage and answer all the questions but at the same time try to be a bit personable and show that you care deeply about the job. I got hired a week later and I loved working with them since.

Interview Questions

• What is your career goal in five years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SDI Media Group.

Interview

Informal interview where I was able to ask them just as much questions as they did myself. It was a two person interview that took about thirty minutes to complete. I asked about three questions, they asked about 4 or 5.

Interview Questions

• How well do you manage multiple tasks?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SDI Media Group (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Fast, friendly, nice location. Upper management handled the interview for an entry level position. The interview lasted about an hour and was very warm and welcoming to telling my reasons for wanting this job.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for over the next few years.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SDI Media Group (Culver City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

had about 15-20 mins long interview with the mangagers, they asked me about my previous work experience, what my duties were. they also asked about the expectation from this company.

Translator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SDI Media Group (Culver City, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

It was technical at first, had to prove my ability to translate. Then it was to meet and greet in person. The process went smoothly overall. I wouldn't say it's too hard to get in, it's harder to choose to stay. Interviews are easy, and it really depends on your position.

Interview Questions

• If i had worked with this before, if I had any interest in receiving training...   Answer Question

Production Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SDI Media Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with two people from the company. They provided me with information about the company and the position itself. It was an interesting interview. I had an overall positive experience with them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SDI Media Group in August 2013.

Interview

Typical 1:1 interveiw.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Subtitle Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SDI Media Group (Culver City, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I saw the ad on Craigslist. Answer the ad, next day received an email. Sent my resume, they sent me a subtitler translation test. Not the easiest thing (samples of TV shows dialogues), I sent it back on the next day. I received an email saying I passed the text, the email had attached the translator contract and the payment form. I signed and sent it all back, via email. Then, emails with lots of material to study, about the software and the guidelines for translators. After a few days I kind of learn everything and started working.
    They never met me in person.
    I went to the offices once and liked the environment, lots of foreign people translating stuff, really cool workplace.

Interview Questions

• Have to learn everything by myself, at home, only reading the long pdfs was not pleasant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was offered and amount per minute of work, had to accepted.