SI Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at SI Group

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SI Group (Schenectady, NY).

Interview

It has changed in the last few years, but I met with three technical staff members then had on onsite interview. I was referred by an employee. The overall process was slow. When HR called to give me an offer I has already done research on what salary to demand.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know why I would resign my current job to work here.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SI Group in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. First we talked about my experiences and the projects that I had worked on. Then general questions like when I can start, my visa status,.. . Then I asked some questions to know more about the team and the project. It took almost 30 minutes. I never heard back from them.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SI Group in December 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Next was an in person interview. They asked all the basic questions trying to understand your personality and how you would fit in the workplace. I met with several current employees during my onsite interview. I was informed via telephone of the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would your experience/schooling help you in this position?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SI Group (Orangeburg, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was well planned and organized. There was an initial conversation with the Lead Chemist and the Quality Control Manager. I described myself personally, explained my work history, described my interest in the position, and was given a tour of the laboratory.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what chemical tests I was actually performed and are willing to explain.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SI Group.

Interview

I applied online through my college job website and was contacted for a phone interview with the manager of the position. The phone interview was conducted in the following few days and within a few days after that I received a job offer by email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate.

Market Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SI Group (Schenectady, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Approached by a external recruiter. Had 2 phone interviews before coming for an on-site one. Schenectady is a small and quite place, quite close to Albany. Interviewed by 3 groups of interviewers: 1. one team leader and one team player, 2. the director of BI department, and 3. only the HR. They were super friendly and very professional. They asked so many questions regarding my background.

I felt like they really emphasize the character (or work ethic) of an applicant rather than skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions such as what you would do if having different opinion with your boss and so on.   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SI Group (Orangeburg, SC) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a 2-part interview. The initial stage was talking with my recruiter and future manager over the phone before setting the date for the in-person interview. That was a 2-person interview where I met with the lab manager and shift coordinator before being given a brief tour of the lab.

Interview Questions

• Could I be flexible? Could I perform a specific task.   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SI Group (Schenectady, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Three interviews. HR twice and Once with Plant Manager

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work long hours and overtime without question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.