SRI International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SRI International (Aberdeen, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Gained contact via LinkedIn. Promptly had a phone discussion with a recruiter and spoke about job opportunities. From there, I was encouraged to apply online and will hear more about the offer within the next coming weeks.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SRI International (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with Recruiter. Next step was telephone interview with the hiring manager. Final step was on-site interview in Washington, DC office (Arlington, VA) with the team. Very friendly group. Most of the questions were about work style and methodologies.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the greatest challenges for an analyst working with a business development team?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SRI International (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

After an initial telephone interview, I was invited for an in-person interview where I was asked to prepare a presentation on a project I had previously worked on. I met with the hiring manager as well as members of her team. I was given a tour of the labs and met the director of infectious diseases at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to pursue a career in academia and what made me chose SRI International   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SRI International (New York, NY).

Interview

phone screen then brought to CA. Met with multiple people through out the day. had to give a seminar but was a very short interview. Less then 8 hours

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SRI International (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone screening was followed by Hiring manager phone interview, then called in for in person interview at headquarters Menlo Park CA. Everybody was nice, but some interviewers kept asking to pursue PhD instead of asking interview questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SRI International (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief phone screen with HR then another phone interview with technical staff. One on site interview, met with 6 different technical staff. Overall pleasant experience. Interviews mostly was talking about myself / experience and learning about the company.

Networking Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRI International (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview is structure for the candidate to sit before a panel of 2 to 3 personnel. While the question are common knowledge. The panels last 45 minutes then you move rooms to another panel.. This gives a short break between the interviews. In my case one room had three individuals and a person on the conference phone and one to three in the room.

It starts with phone screen and then you fill out several baseline questionnaire. This helps them established a baseline salary. we all know the cost of housing here is much more than anyplace else in the states. This is not a silicon valley start up with perks but a think tank. I would suggest that his company is targets towards academia. While we know the importance of school this is a good avenue for those who choose to leave but crave.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to remember a set of numbers between 9-0 at the beginning of the interview. At the end of the interview I was asked what the order was and what number was missing?   1 Answer

Administrative Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SRI International.

Interview

Smooth, clear, informative, the recruiter was responsive and very courteous. We had a short tour of the campus. It would be helpful to see the work area and meet more of the team.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SRI International (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Several back to back interviews with different members of the team and then with the recruiter. Everyone was very nice. Questions were straightforward, mostly about previous research experience and why I was interested in the position

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were based off of things on my resume, very straightforward   Answer Question

Infectious Diseases Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crawfordsville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SRI International (Crawfordsville, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

They ask questions related to your filed of interest. The interview was clear and the questions were well formed. They ask a lot of questions and they are all important to the worker's benefit.

Interview Questions

• 1. They asked me about my major and minor
      2. I was asked about my goals in the future.
      3. They asked me about my areas of expertise