SS&C Advent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SS&C Advent Interview Questions

Interviews at SS&C Advent

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C Advent in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Took about 3 week before I heard anything- received an email from HR to schedule an initial phone "interview" with him. The HR rep was extremely nice and seemed very excited about the company. Within a week I was scheduled for another phone interview, this time for a technical screening with an engineering manager. We used a screen sharing tool so he could show questions that he'd prepared for me to answer.

Interview Questions

• Was asked some typical software interview questions requiring knowledge of databases and recursion, questions about OOP, and then some more language specific questions.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

First phone screen with recruiter went really well. He seemed really excited about working for Advent and just upbeat in general. A few days later had another phone interview with a Software Engineer. This involved more technical questions regarding my past experience and knowledge, not very tough. About a week later they brought me in for 4 1-on-1 interviews. First their was a short technical test followed by 3 interviews with SEs. The final interview was with a product manager. He asked me more broad questions regarding my experience in school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Brief since I was coming in with very little real world experience. I was very happy with the offer since my initial ballpark was well exceeded. I do wish I had some more preparation going into the negotiation phase.

SS&C Advent Response

Jun 12, 2019 – SS&C Advent

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on our Interview process. We appreciate it!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First I had a general phone interview with a recruiter which led to a general phone call with a senior engineer. Then they set me up with 3 phone interviews with a team. I think I didn't get into that team but another team was interested in me so I went onsite for that one and got hired by that team.

Client Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SS&C Advent in May 2019.

Interview

Absolutely horrific communication from Advent. Applied in March, wasn’t contacted for interview until May. Interview was on a Tuesday with two friendly team members. I followed up with hiring manager same day and she said to expect an update by the end of the week. The next Tuesday came and still no response. I sent a brief email inquiring about my status and she quickly responded - saying I’d be contacted with a decision by the end of that day. Two more days passed before I received notice that I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

SS&C Advent Response

Jun 12, 2019 – SS&C Advent

Hello, thank you for your interest in SS&C Advent. We would like to apologize for your negative experience interviewing with SS&C Advent. Our review process is structured for a longer and in-depth... More

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, 2 in person interviews then 6-8 weeks of training once hired. Online and oral testing each week with change to lose your job if you don't pass the tests. Final test at the end that determines if you remain hired.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

Absurd, long and drawn out, a mind game. I went on interview after interview , was put on hold for almost a year before they actually hired me, very difficult and intense process

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being interviewed by at least 15 people before given a chance for two final interviews each with the leading executives?The interview process consisted of 7 different meetings with about 15 different people, by the time the negotiation phase came I felt like I had gone through so much that taking a lower pay would be worth it, the talked up themselves in the interview but a lit of what they said was either not true or was exxageratted, for example the praised themselves on the culture they created which I think is a joke and they force it us   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interview process consisted of 7 different meetings with about 15 different people, by the time the negotiation phase came I felt like I had gone through so much that taking a lower pay would be worth it, the talked up themselves in the interview process but a lit of what they said was either not true or was exxageratted, for example the praised themselves on the culture they created which I think is a joke and they force it us

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SS&C Advent.

Interview

Phone interview only. It was short, good but never received any follow up afterwards. But strange since this recruiter called twice and email for an interview.

I think I was declined another interview due to the fact on the desired salary.

It was obvious after the recruiter cut to the chase and ended the conversation and saying how he will reach out to the hiring manager afterwards.

It would been nice to simply say sorry this is below your asking salary price.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like tell me about yourself, why are you looking to leave your current role, how much do you make and desired.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SS&C Advent in January 2018.

Interview

Stay away! Long, unnecessarily drawn out, periods where they go dark on you. I also suspect they retained information I gave them in response to their current competitive challenges questions. I should have heeded the advice on glassdoor and not started this process. Stay away! They will sap hours of your time for no good reason (I gave them about 20 of mine). They gave me conflicting explanations as to why the role was open. Met/spoke with 11 people - including the CEO - over a 3 month period. They will go dark on you for weeks at a time and then circle back. Apparently there were multiple people in the running, but 3 months later was notified no one was a fit and they're re-opening the role. They must have ample time on their hands to be able to interview with this frequency. Unless you are looking for a long/drawn out process without an ounce of feedback for a role that may/may not be filled stay away!

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter who just went over my resume. About a week later I had another phone interview with the hiring manager which consisted of mostly behavioral questions and my experience with excel. Then they brought me in for four 30 minute interviews with managers, mostly just wanted someone with a positive attitude and who was going to work hard.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, some questions about experience with excel and school projects.   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C Advent (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial behavioral phone screen with a recruiter, a remote technical screen via GoToMeeting, and then a final onsite interview. Throughout the whole process, I met with a lot of different people and everyone was very nice and supportive. I was able to get a good sense of the company culture and the type of projects I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Among other questions, they asked questions that tested my knowledge of JavaScript and my ability to produce solutions to toy problems in real-time.   Answer Question