STS International (WV) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

STS International (WV) Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at STS International (WV)

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at STS International (WV) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a phone screen for a CONTINGENT position. They were bidding for a contract that I had extensive experience for so they interviewed me. They continually indicated they want me aboard if/when they win the contract. They won the contract but decided in the end THEY DID NOT WANT ME! No where in the contingent letter did it say that there will still be a further selection process. The recruiter never mentioned that fact either. I can deal with the company not winning the contract or further stating in the contingent letter that there will still be other processes to go through (like selection) before reporting for work. Don't keep telling a candidate they will work for them if they win the contract without telling them that there will still be a selection process. It shows what kind of a company you are: one that don't take care of people.

Engineering Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at STS International (WV) (Morrisville, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a member of the company's recruitment team, they had called after finding my resume on a job search website. After describing the position and asking about my experience and comfort in working with Unix/Linux, a date/time was set up for a skills test.
    The skills test is a phone call with the team lead or a senior analyst that consists of basic troubleshooting questions, and asking what commands are used for what purpose. The results of this are reviewed after the call, to ensure that any 'wrong' answers you may have given can be checked to confirm whether they were actually wrong or on the right track.
    The following day, I received a call from the recruitment team again to set up a face-to-face interview. I met with the team lead, the teams supervisor, and the GTRC manager. We discussed my resume, my personality, and a small additional skills assessment. This assessment consisted of writing multiple commands piped together on the whiteboard, and determining what the final output would be (I didn't get this correct, but explained myself as I went along). Additionally some troubleshooting questions were asked to see how you would narrow down a problem if you had a general problem statement from a client.

This is the extent of the interview process, if all went well here the recruitment team calls again to set up your background check and send an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• If I call in as a user and say that every time I log into my shell, I'm automatically logged out, how would you troubleshoot that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make your initial offer high. I made the mistake of making my initial offer too low, and it was accepted immediately with no attempt to offer a lower wage.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at STS International (WV) (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Very informal, asking about technical background checks.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Almost no room for negotiation beyond initial offer.