SWCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SWCA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.3

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SWCA in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for a general biologist position and received a very professional phone screening by HR, phone interview by hiring manager, then in-person interview by a group of hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe the unique strengths you would bring to the team.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SWCA (Houston, TX).

Interview

Fourtu minute very relaxed intervie., Easy questions regarding past jobs and future development of the company. Boss was very easy to talk to. One on one in a private setting in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SWCA (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview, then did an in-person interview. Was never told the result ... had to assume after several weeks that they had moved on. Saw the position reposted ... assuming they are looking for cheaper talent.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career in 5 years?   1 Answer

Project Archaeologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SWCA (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

Was mainly based off an informal meeting looking for a general informational. After getting lunch with the senior archaeologist, was able to secure work for upcoming projects based on the previous meeting.

Interview Questions

• Thoughts on the field of archaeology as practiced in the PNW?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SWCA.

Interview

I have a former colleague who works here and suggested I apply for an open position they really needed to fill. According to them it was me and two others they were going to interview. I submitted my application then a week later had phone screen with a senior recruiter from their home office. She asked some basic questions including some behavioral type questions. "How have you handled a difficult person" and questions about what software programs I'm familiar with etc. She also asked what my salary requirements were. A week later I was selected to do an in person interview with the panel of people I'd be working with the most. It was a bit of a laid back interview feel and they each asked me questions from a form they all had. I felt confident in each answer I gave and often referred back to my previous related work experience. We talked a lot about the specific projects I would be working on, but at one point they started asking how I would feel about working other areas that were not part of the job description I applied for. The panel also asked me what my salary requirements were which felt a bit awkward considering I hadn't been offered a position and I had already discussed that with the recruiter I talked with on the phone. It very much sounded like I would have to work more in order to keep my position there and they said I would have to "sell myself" if I wanted full time hours continuously. This is somewhat understandable as pay is project based and kind of the nature of this type of consulting business. This was something that was a little uncomfortable for me and I explained to them that I wasn't very interested in working in a position different than what I had applied for.

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SWCA in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the supervising staff member to schedule an interview which was over skype. There were three SWCA folks attending the interview. It was asked detailed questions about my work history but there were no high pressure or testing questions.

Technical Editor Interview

Interview

Friendly, informative interview with one of the principals and one of the archaeologists.

Interview Questions

• What makes you excited about coming to work each morning?   Answer Question

Project Archaeologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SWCA.

Interview

Interview was standard corporate fair. Took weeks aand weeks to get a decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. In fact, I ended up getting paid much less than they told me in the interview. I was under the impression I would be salaried, but they made me hourly and in the first year I made 7,000 less than what we discussed in the interview.

GIS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SWCA (Pasadena, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied and got a response from the HR corporate recruiter about 2 months later. Had a 20 minute phone interview with HR recruiter. Then a couple weeks later had a panel interview 1 manager and 2 potential colleagues and 1 call-in person from another office. Also had to take a computer GIS exam that last about 1 hour after the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Calculate acreage of disturbed land from a digitzed aerial photo.   Answer Question

Project Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SWCA (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

The phone interview lasted over 30 mins and consisted of speaking to HR regarding the position. I was asked a lot of technical skills questions as well as some behavioral questions. When asked about where I see myself in 5 years, I responded that I see myself in a managerial position, that did not fare too well. HR responded by saying that people there don't move around too much and you'll pretty much be doing what you're hired 'till maybe when someone dies or quit. Overall, seems like small office and no room for advancement or movement. The pay offered was well below industry standards.