Sabon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sabon Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sabon (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick and very comforting. It was a 1:1 interview and the person interviewing me was very kind.She could tell tha tI was a bit nervous in the beginning but I guess it did a good job. I got hired right on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sabon (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a brief interview with someone in HR at their headquarters. It was on a Friday and the HR person just asked about retail experience and told me about the training required after. There are three four hour days of training afterward where you study all of their products. She told me you get paid nine dollars an hour for the training.

Interview Questions

• What was your first impression of the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sabon (New York, NY).

Interview

Informal. On sales floor, standing. I believe I was speaking with the HR Manager. The company is small. It was very casual and a simple conversation. The woman interviewing me was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the product, etc.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sabon.

Interview

Applied online, application process was quick. I got an email the next day to set up an interview. After the interview, there's a training. If you pass that training, you go on to two shifts of shadowing at the store they place you in. After that, they decide if you are hired

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sabon (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview the next day. It was a pretty normal interview asking why do you want to work for Sabon and do you have sales experience before that kind of thing

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sabon.

Interview

Submitted online application, got emailed about in person interview. That interview lasted around 10 minutes and was very basic. Then went to 4 hour training (still had not been offered position) and then got assigned to my store. They seem to be getting more strict with going to 2 5-hour training sessions at your store before you're officially hired

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sabon.

Interview

Simple interview in their beautiful Soho office. Interview was very brief and was immediately told if I moved on to the next part of training. But don't expect that you are hired immediately since you need to pass 3 other trainings, which is quite annoying. The first training round is about the company products and the following two trainings are shadowings at a location you were placed in.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sabon (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got an email the morning after asking to meet for an interview. The interview itself was quick and easy; Ashley is very friendly. But Sabon's hiring process is much longer than just an interview -- it's a 4 step process. Once you are moved to the next step, you will need to attend a Product and Ingredient Training. If you pass, you will move on to two shadowings at the store they match you with. Only after the last shadowing can you be sure that you've been hired.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with our products/Have you ever been to our store before? What kind of vibe did you get?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sabon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an in-person interview. The HR representative was very friendly and it was more of a conversation between the two of us rather than a traditional Q&A interview.

MIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sabon (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I had my first interview at the HQ in soho beautiful little office that is set up exactly how you'd imagine it. Then got called for second interview in the store location on broadway which was more of product knowledge than an interview. from there I was emailed weather or not I got the job ^_^ everyone was super nice and probably the least stressful process ive ever been through in my professional career lol

Negotiation

yes. if you know what youre worth and stand by it. the worst they can say is no. its always worth negotiating especially before actually getting hired. its always an easier process in the begining vs after your pay rate has been set.