Safeway Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Canada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.1

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It was easy; I got a call, went in a day later, was hired within the week.

I was asked a few basic questions, mostly about my availability and desire to work there.

I asked three questions (who would I work with, what is hard about this job and what is easy, and what the liked and disliked about working at safeway) which the interviewer really liked.

Even that day, I knew I got the job as the manager (who was really nice and not at all like my experience with the superiors in deli) kept asking about my hours and displayed training schedules.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at safeway?   1 Answer
    • Are you ok working with meat?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Interview

I went to drop off my resume at the 7450 120 st location. I was told to speak to one of the hiring managers who was working at one of the tills. I had just finished introducing myself and was about to take out my resume when she said, "I don't have time to deal with that right now." I was nervous from the start so when she insulted me like that in front of everyone she created an awful lump in my throat. As a manager your job is to portray excellent customer service skills but this lady was just plain rude. She could've told me to wait 15 minutes as an employee's job is to help the customer but she put me down completely. I left the store very dissappointed and hurt. The experience was extremely unprofessional and mean. It's not a matter of sensitivity but a matter of humanity.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call after 3 days told me to come in for interview. Interview was straightforward. Interviewer was the assistant manager and he's really nice and friendly. I was told it will be the manager who was apparently strict.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about Safeway? What do they sell at the Deli Department? What's my availability?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

You go to the front desk and say " I'm here for the interview" then you go sit in Starbucks and wait for the hiring manager. Then they will sit down and explain the job to you. You'll sign some forms then return them later that day or the next day, then within 3 days you'll get a call telling you when your training shift are and you're hired.

Food Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Safeway Canada.

Interview

You go into the HR's office, sit down, and they ask everyone pretty much the same questions. Key is to remember your login and password for your online account as the company is beginning to move online with everything as it helps them save costs. With these things in mind, its difficult to do something so erroneous that they won't hire you.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very simple, they ask you questions about customer service. They weren't too invasive and they were genuinely nice. They didn't however explain the whole job to it's entirety. If they would have told me I would have been in charge for the cleanliness of the bathroom I would have never accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• What you would do if you did not know the answer to a customer's question   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

very straight forward face to face interview. I applied in person and got call back the next day. The interview was very easy, the manager told me about the job opening and what was involved. She didnt really ask me any questions other that if i was interested in the job and what hours i could work but that might be because i was a bit over qualified for the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No not really since its all union

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was good and encouraging, I got an email after applying on line and went for the interview . Before the interview I made researches on the company and its staff

Interview Questions

• What do you think of policies you are not convinced with?   1 Answer

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Westminster, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (New Westminster, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I walked in store one day and told them that I want to apply for a job. The hiring manager came down to greet me and she took my resume. She told me that they were hiring in the deli and bakery. I told her I was more interested in the bakery. She told me that I should also apply online because the online application asks for some important info that they need. I said okay and I left. About 2 days later she called me to tell me my interview details.

The interview was at the end of the week. I prepared for it but the bakery manager didn't ask any of those questions. I got there early and the manager came late (10 minutes) He told me about the job and himself. He looked at my resume. He didn't ask any questions like strengths /weaknesses. He tried to scare me about the job. He told me it was hard work, I would need to lift 50 kg bags for flour. He said that he had fired 350 employees in the past.

The interview lasted about 10 minutes. He told me that I probably got the job but there were still two people he had to interview for the position. I was told to expect a call next week.

The hiring manager called me early next week to schedule my training day.

Interview Questions

• I can see your resume, but tell me something about your previous experience?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway Canada in November 2014.

Interview

I have applied on career website and got a phone call from them after 2 weeks. I went for an interview with a person who responsible for hiring and it was a friendly situation. She had my resume so nothing really need to bring for an interview. It took about 20 minutes and I was accepted. She explained company system and policies and signed some papers. I had booked for training later.

Interview Questions

• What does Customer Service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

flexible hours and day available