Safeway Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Safeway Canada

1.9

Sort:

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (Langley, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick review, asked about customer service, briefly went over my resume. Was offered the job right away as they really didn't have anyone else, were desperate. She was honest about the low wage, $11/hour and the raise in 3 mths of 10cents. Unrealistic about how hard physically the job was and how much less we are paid than all other positions in store.

Interview Questions

• What you thought good customer service meant   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway Canada.

Interview

Java basics, polymorphism etc, HR basics, favourite course.

Negotiation

N/A

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

They didn't ask me any typical interview questions - just about my availability, where I live, and my method of transportation. They did offer a deli position but also went on to say how bad it is working there.

It was kind of a relief but also a disappointment since I spent so much time going over interview questions and practicing but ended up not needing to!

Interview Questions

• What is your availability like?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stony Plain, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (Stony Plain, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

They brought me in, asked about myself, where I had worked before. They then went through their questions, mostly tailored to customer experience. It was at this point they asked if I was over 18 and willing to work instead in the gas bar, as they had immediate open positions there. Though I took the gas bar position, I didn't know at the time just how different the contracts between the store and gas bar were as far as benefits and pay went.

Interview Questions

• What was one product in the store I liked and how would I tell a customer about that product.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway Canada in January 2013.

Interview

Quick interview, very easy. Interviewer was very friendly. I was hired immediately and was asked for my availability for training dates.
    Once hired there is a test on the codes for the produce. There is a video to watch and a computer training course to take prior to the test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with customers? Provide examples.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

You apply for the job through Safeway's online hiring tool, which is rather outdated. If the hiring employee likes your resume, they'll call you and ask a few questions. If that goes well, an interview is scheduled. The interview takes place in a back room in the office of the store. It's pretty informal, with both you and the hiring employee sitting on high chairs, surrounded by books and binders.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Interview

I went to drop off my resume at the 7450 120 st location. I was told to speak to one of the hiring managers who was working at one of the tills. I had just finished introducing myself and was about to take out my resume when she said, "I don't have time to deal with that right now." I was nervous from the start so when she insulted me like that in front of everyone she created an awful lump in my throat. As a manager your job is to portray excellent customer service skills but this lady was just plain rude. She could've told me to wait 15 minutes as an employee's job is to help the customer but she put me down completely. I left the store very dissappointed and hurt. The experience was extremely unprofessional and mean. It's not a matter of sensitivity but a matter of humanity.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway Canada in November 2014.

Interview

I have applied on career website and got a phone call from them after 2 weeks. I went for an interview with a person who responsible for hiring and it was a friendly situation. She had my resume so nothing really need to bring for an interview. It took about 20 minutes and I was accepted. She explained company system and policies and signed some papers. I had booked for training later.

Interview Questions

• What does Customer Service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

flexible hours and day available

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway Canada.

Interview

Applied in person with standard store application, and was contacted by phone quickly. I had one interview with the store manager, nothing out of the ordinary. I was hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Interview

What else might you suggest to someone who's buying a birthday cake?
    Give examples of the qualities of good customer service
    Tell me about yourself?
     What do you know about Canada Safeway?
    What can you do for Canada Safeway?

Interview Questions

• Tell me the latest Canada Safeway headline you read. What are your thoughts on how that will impact Canada Safeway?   Answer Question