Sage Hospitality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sage Hospitality Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.8

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality in July 2017.

Interview

Frustrating to say the least and first of its kind... 15 back-and-forth emails and phone-screenings...2 rounds of interviews... all this in span of 3 months...and instead to give a final decision they choose to keep quiet and reposting all meanwhile .... Thank you Hilton Curio Wash-DC for being so courteous and professional

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I made it to the interview process (the logan hotel in Philadelphia) and scheduled an interview. When i get there I meet with a guy that was not supposed to be my interviewer. He said the manager is busy right now and brought me to a corner in the hotel with a couch to ask me two questions. It was noisy and people checking in and out. He said the manager may be in tomorrow or Monday. So why schedule me an interview to not show up?! So unprofessional and I will never apply for a job with the sage again. Your Philadelphia team is not up to par with the hotels in NYC. I thought Philadelphia was evolving but apparently not so i will stay in New York. A waste of a 2 hour drive.

Interview Questions

Sage Hospitality Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Co-Founder, President and CEO

We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with the team at The Logan. This is not the kind of interview experience we strive to provide, and we hope to use this as an example for our hiring... More

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality.

Interview

I had one interview with four people from upper management. It actually wasn't too intimidating because everyone was very laid back. They did a post-offer drug screening which was just a mouth swab in the HR office.

Interview Questions

Sage Hospitality Response

May 22, 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thanks for your review and welcome to Sage!

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Westminster, CO).

Interview

Really easy. Submitted application on line and received a call the same week. Came in for an interview and they called me later that day to come back again. Came back and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Really basic questions: Why do you want to work here? What is your related experience? How are you with computers?   Answer Question

May 18, 2016 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thanks for your review, and welcome to Sage!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone and a week later set up an in person interview where I met with three different executives on right after the other for an hour and a half. The process was generic. What was frustrating was there was zero communication after the in person interviews. It's become habit for many companies and it's a shame. Truly shows a lack of caring in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table? Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Mar 6, 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thank you for the review of the on-property interview process. We will share this with the team and emphasize the importance of constant communication after in-person interviews.

Restaurant Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a hiring event (open house). The process took two weeks, I was interviewed and offered the job within two hours. The questions were typical (What is your weakness? Tell me of a time you went above and beyond for a customer). You have to apply online before then, or they will ask you to apply and this will delay you. There is a pre-employment drug test and background check you have to take before they officially offer the job to you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate.

Mar 6, 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thanks for your review of the open house interview process! Congrats on landing the job!

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Sat with the Senior Manager and GM. Basic interview questions. I didn't like being interviews by 2 people at once; it was overwhelming and slightly intimidating. It was hard getting a sense of their personalities but I doubt this scenario would be similar to others. Drug screening a few days later. They will call your references

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality.

Interview

Each individual hotel is in direct control of their hiring. That being said, I went through 5 interviewers and 3 weeks before giving up on a Sage property. As an industry leading company, I expected the best experience possible from their organization. I initially met with the op's manager, then guest services manager, then front desk manager, then guest services manager again and finally the op's manager again.

Interview Questions

• As a new member to the team, what can you expect to be your downfall or something that you can learn from us?   1 Answer
    • What is "luxury" to you?   1 Answer

Dual Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

My interview was held by the Dual Sales Manager and Dual Director of Sales. The interview was an hour long. I was a bit nervous as to be expected but overall a great experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe this job is right for you and the hotel?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager and assistant manager at the restaurant. They asked me a couple brief questions about my previous experience and looked over my resume. I was asked if i had reliable transportation and if I would be ok with the early morning hours. They then asked me to come in for drug and background check the next day. That process took about a week and then i was informed i was officially hired.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really.