Sage Hospitality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.7

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Westminster, CO).

Interview

Really easy. Submitted application on line and received a call the same week. Came in for an interview and they called me later that day to come back again. Came back and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Really basic questions: Why do you want to work here? What is your related experience? How are you with computers?   Answer Question

Sage Hospitality Response

May 18, 2016 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thanks for your review, and welcome to Sage!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone and a week later set up an in person interview where I met with three different executives on right after the other for an hour and a half. The process was generic. What was frustrating was there was zero communication after the in person interviews. It's become habit for many companies and it's a shame. Truly shows a lack of caring in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table? Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Restaurant Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a hiring event (open house). The process took two weeks, I was interviewed and offered the job within two hours. The questions were typical (What is your weakness? Tell me of a time you went above and beyond for a customer). You have to apply online before then, or they will ask you to apply and this will delay you. There is a pre-employment drug test and background check you have to take before they officially offer the job to you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Sat with the Senior Manager and GM. Basic interview questions. I didn't like being interviews by 2 people at once; it was overwhelming and slightly intimidating. It was hard getting a sense of their personalities but I doubt this scenario would be similar to others. Drug screening a few days later. They will call your references

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality.

Interview

Each individual hotel is in direct control of their hiring. That being said, I went through 5 interviewers and 3 weeks before giving up on a Sage property. As an industry leading company, I expected the best experience possible from their organization. I initially met with the op's manager, then guest services manager, then front desk manager, then guest services manager again and finally the op's manager again.

Interview Questions

• As a new member to the team, what can you expect to be your downfall or something that you can learn from us?   1 Answer
    • What is "luxury" to you?   1 Answer

Dual Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

My interview was held by the Dual Sales Manager and Dual Director of Sales. The interview was an hour long. I was a bit nervous as to be expected but overall a great experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe this job is right for you and the hotel?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager and assistant manager at the restaurant. They asked me a couple brief questions about my previous experience and looked over my resume. I was asked if i had reliable transportation and if I would be ok with the early morning hours. They then asked me to come in for drug and background check the next day. That process took about a week and then i was informed i was officially hired.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

the interview was fairly smooth. I met with the restaurant manager and the GM. They were very friendly and easy to talk to. Their laid back personalities really made me feel comfortable when interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

• why do i feel i am a good fit?   1 Answer

Special Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online received a call about 10 days later from HR, was asked several questions and told I would be called back to set up an interview. Two weeks went by, I received a call and was asked to come in for an interview. I had an interview 3 days later. I was told to ask for the HR person, he was very nice and told me I would be meeting with someone else, that person wasn't available, but I met with 2 other people and then the HR person asked a few questions then I was to;d they had just started interviewing and would get back with me in about 10 days. I received a call 3 weeks later and was told they had hired a person that was the perfect fit for them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be able to manage the restaurant since they needed someone there at 6am and they had 24 hour room service and needed to be staffed in the restaurant for that. I was applying for a special events manager, but I was willing to work in the restaurant if needed .   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Aurora, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

I met with the Engineer Supervisor and we discussed my responsibilities and my qualifications for the job. He introduced the hotel manager and the rest of the maintenance staff that worked there that I would be supervising. He then walked me around the hotel showing me the layout of both the front, where the guest see and showed me the different rooms they offered. He the showed me the rear of the hotel where most of the work goes on, behind the scenes.

Interview Questions

• Would I have a problem with showing the staff that worked under me how to do something in a more efficient manner? If they kept doing it their way following up with them and him to correct the problem.   Answer Question