Sage Hospitality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

I came in very nervous, as I am on the young side of the career spectrum, but was greeted in a very friendly way and the interview was pleasant. I was offered an interview within 1 week of applying, met with 2 managers over two weeks, and was offered a position a week after that. I wish my process was a little faster, however it was this was during the winter holiday season so I get it. Every person I interacted with during this process was warm, open, honest and welcoming. I felt very comfortable. I accepted my offer.

Interview Questions

Sage Hospitality Response

Jul 13, 2018 – Co-Founder, President & CEO

Congrats and welcome to Sage!

Special Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online received a call about 10 days later from HR, was asked several questions and told I would be called back to set up an interview. Two weeks went by, I received a call and was asked to come in for an interview. I had an interview 3 days later. I was told to ask for the HR person, he was very nice and told me I would be meeting with someone else, that person wasn't available, but I met with 2 other people and then the HR person asked a few questions then I was to;d they had just started interviewing and would get back with me in about 10 days. I received a call 3 weeks later and was told they had hired a person that was the perfect fit for them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be able to manage the restaurant since they needed someone there at 6am and they had 24 hour room service and needed to be staffed in the restaurant for that. I was applying for a special events manager, but I was willing to work in the restaurant if needed .   Answer Question

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Novi, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

Three Interviews, one with director of sales, second with hiring team from Colorado, third with general manager of hotel and general manager of food and beverage. Process took over a month from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

Sage Hospitality Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thanks for your review!

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager and assistant manager at the restaurant. They asked me a couple brief questions about my previous experience and looked over my resume. I was asked if i had reliable transportation and if I would be ok with the early morning hours. They then asked me to come in for drug and background check the next day. That process took about a week and then i was informed i was officially hired.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation really.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Savannah, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

This was probably the worst interview process I have ever experienced. Applied for the position in September 2017. In late November I got an email saying I had been selected for a phone interview. I interviewed with the director of sales and marketing over the phone, it went well and we set up a time for an in person interview with the GM and HR. The second interview was about mid December and it also (seemingly) went well. They advised that they were making a decision by the first week of January. After not hearing anything back after the first week I reached out at least for some closure. No response. I called and found out that the person I had initially interviewed with was no longer with the company. Left a message with HR. No response. One month later I was finally emailed and told that they had filled the position. It was over 6 months from my initial application. Certainly seemed to have dodged a bullet with this very disorganization company.

Interview Questions

Sage Hospitality Response

Jul 13, 2018 – Co-Founder, President & CEO

We're sorry you had a negative interview experience. We will pass this information along to the team in Savannah. Thanks for your candid feedback.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone and a week later set up an in person interview where I met with three different executives on right after the other for an hour and a half. The process was generic. What was frustrating was there was zero communication after the in person interviews. It's become habit for many companies and it's a shame. Truly shows a lack of caring in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table? Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Mar 6, 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thank you for the review of the on-property interview process. We will share this with the team and emphasize the importance of constant communication after in-person interviews.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Denver, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with basic questions on strengths, weaknesses, resume etc.. Next came individual one on one interviews with five various individuals of which I went into the office for. Questions ranged from basic to behavioral. Offer was given via phone call and the option to ask any final questions. Drug test and background checks were done.

Interview Questions

• Q: What if any community service activities have you participated in.   Answer Question
    • Q: Why do you want to work in a corporate office vs. working on property.   1 Answer
    • Q: What interests you most about this company?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Denver, CO) in September 2010.

Interview

Other GM knew me and like me as a person and boom! I'm Hired

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality.

Interview

I had one interview with four people from upper management. It actually wasn't too intimidating because everyone was very laid back. They did a post-offer drug screening which was just a mouth swab in the HR office.

Interview Questions

Sage Hospitality Response

May 22, 2017 – Communication and Branding Coordinator

Thanks for your review and welcome to Sage!

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality in July 2017.

Interview

Frustrating to say the least and first of its kind... 15 back-and-forth emails and phone-screenings...2 rounds of interviews... all this in span of 3 months...and instead to give a final decision they choose to keep quiet and reposting all meanwhile .... Thank you Hilton Curio Wash-DC for being so courteous and professional

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Aurora, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

I met with the Engineer Supervisor and we discussed my responsibilities and my qualifications for the job. He introduced the hotel manager and the rest of the maintenance staff that worked there that I would be supervising. He then walked me around the hotel showing me the layout of both the front, where the guest see and showed me the different rooms they offered. He the showed me the rear of the hotel where most of the work goes on, behind the scenes.

Interview Questions

• Would I have a problem with showing the staff that worked under me how to do something in a more efficient manner? If they kept doing it their way following up with them and him to correct the problem.   Answer Question