Sage Hospitality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sage Hospitality Interview Questions

Interviews at Sage Hospitality

2.8

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter, phone with VP of HR, phone with VP Sales, in person with VP Sales, in person with GM, finally in person panel style at ownership group's office.

Interview Questions

• (Ownership) wanted to know if I was comfortable with talking directly to them and not just through management company, and whether I always take revenue manager's advise or if I would push back.   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality.

Interview

My interview was about 15min long. The manager asked me job specific questions to ascertain if I was familiar with liquors and certain food items. As well as situation questions.

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality.

Interview

Although I wasn’t extended an offer I enjoyed to professionalism of the recruiter. Everyone was extremely kind and informative. The overall experience was awesome from the recruiter to the general manager.

Food and Beverage Interview

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted via email asking about availability to arrange an interview. I emailed back and left two phone messages and never received any follow up. Three weeks later the status of my application changed to "COMPANY NOT INTERESTED." Rude, disorganized, I can only imagine working there must be a similar experience.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Denver, CO) in March 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone first. In less than 24 hours, I received another phone call asking me to schedule an in-person interview for a week in advance. After attending the first meeting with the front desk manager and assistant manager, I was called back in the afternoon to go into the property on the following day to interview with the director of operations and another front desk supervisor. I was hired on the spot at the final appointment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2019 – Co-Founder, President & CEO

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the interview experience.

Director Level Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality in January 2019.

Interview

Intorduction call and final round were good. Decision followup poor, surprising given the executive level participated.

Its important to give a yes or no response and not doing so reflects poorly on the process and company.

Banquet Captain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Boulder, CO) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of the month, I got a phone call asking me to come in for a face to face interview, that interview took about an hour and a half. I met with the Banquet Manager and the Director of Food and Beverage. A week later I got a phone call asking to come in for a second interview. Again took an hour and a half and I met with the other Banquet Captain and again with the Banquet Manager. A lot of the questions were skill, industry, and experiential based.

What I didn't like was being toyed around with waiting around for the phone call or email in which I would get the job or not. It took over two weeks after the second interview to hear back and they said they wanted to get this done quickly. I was very flexible with them in setting up the interview's and I feel like my time was not appreciated what so ever, especially when I was told it was between me and one other person so why did it take so long. I tried reaching out during the waiting process and after sending an email, I finally got a phone call. If this is how Sage operates, I'm not sure I want to go through with that again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to solve a problem with a co-worker   Answer Question

Apr 24, 2019 – Co-Founder, President & CEO

Thank you for sharing the details of your interview experience. We have shared this with the team in Boulder to create awareness and improve our process. If you'd like to share any additional details, feel free to reach out to myvoice@sagehospitality.com

Social Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview and it went very well. It lasted for over an hour. I was invited to come in for an in-person interview shortly after but received an email a day after stating the position was eliminated due to budgetary reasons.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you knew you made an error or mistake and what steps did you take to correct it?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality.

Interview

The initial interview process was pretty straightforward. The interviewer was honest about the expectations, compensation, and potential candidates. I cannot complain. Still waiting to hear back about the job.

Interview Questions

• How could you benefit the company in leadership ability?   Answer Question

Jul 13, 2018 – Co-Founder, President & CEO

Thanks for your feedback on your interview. We appreciate it!

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

I came in very nervous, as I am on the young side of the career spectrum, but was greeted in a very friendly way and the interview was pleasant. I was offered an interview within 1 week of applying, met with 2 managers over two weeks, and was offered a position a week after that. I wish my process was a little faster, however it was this was during the winter holiday season so I get it. Every person I interacted with during this process was warm, open, honest and welcoming. I felt very comfortable. I accepted my offer.

Interview Questions

Sage Hospitality Response

Jul 13, 2018 – Co-Founder, President & CEO

Congrats and welcome to Sage!