Cover image for Sage Hospitality

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Sage Hospitality Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 49 of over 49 interviews

In Person9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Sage Hospitality

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality

Interview

Was very laid back and comfortable setting. Made me feel welcome. Asked questions pertaining to said position. I would definitely took job if wasn’t offered a higher salary else where.

Interview Questions
  • What was your best experience with a guest. What was something you took away from your experience with Marriott.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Fort Collins, CO) in Apr 2021

Interview

They sent me an automated email saying they we going another direction in terms of hiring for the position. Not even following up on my eligibility for the job in any way shape or form.

Sage Hospitality

Application

I interviewed at Sage Hospitality

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter, phone with VP of HR, phone with VP Sales, in person with VP Sales, in person with GM, finally in person panel style at ownership group's office.

Interview Questions
  • (Ownership) wanted to know if I was comfortable with talking directly to them and not just through management company, and whether I always take revenue manager's advise or if I would push back.

Sage Hospitality

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality

Interview

My interview was about 15min long. The manager asked me job specific questions to ascertain if I was familiar with liquors and certain food items. As well as situation questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sage Hospitality

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality

Interview

Although I wasn’t extended an offer I enjoyed to professionalism of the recruiter. Everyone was extremely kind and informative. The overall experience was awesome from the recruiter to the general manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sage Hospitality

Application

I interviewed at Sage Hospitality

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted via email asking about availability to arrange an interview. I emailed back and left two phone messages and never received any follow up. Three weeks later the status of my application changed to "COMPANY NOT INTERESTED." Rude, disorganized, I can only imagine working there must be a similar experience.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Denver, CO) in Mar 2019

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone first. In less than 24 hours, I received another phone call asking me to schedule an in-person interview for a week in advance. After attending the first meeting with the front desk manager and assistant manager, I was called back in the afternoon to go into the property on the following day to interview with the director of operations and another front desk supervisor. I was hired on the spot at the final appointment.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it.

Sage Hospitality

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality in Jan 2019

Interview

Intorduction call and final round were good. Decision followup poor, surprising given the executive level participated. Its important to give a yes or no response and not doing so reflects poorly on the process and company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Boulder, CO) in Jan 2019

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of the month, I got a phone call asking me to come in for a face to face interview, that interview took about an hour and a half. I met with the Banquet Manager and the Director of Food and Beverage. A week later I got a phone call asking to come in for a second interview. Again took an hour and a half and I met with the other Banquet Captain and again with the Banquet Manager. A lot of the questions were skill, industry, and experiential based. What I didn't like was being toyed around with waiting around for the phone call or email in which I would get the job or not. It took over two weeks after the second interview to hear back and they said they wanted to get this done quickly. I was very flexible with them in setting up the interview's and I feel like my time was not appreciated what so ever, especially when I was told it was between me and one other person so why did it take so long. I tried reaching out during the waiting process and after sending an email, I finally got a phone call. If this is how Sage operates, I'm not sure I want to go through with that again.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to solve a problem with a co-worker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Sage Hospitality (Minneapolis, MN) in Sep 2018

Interview

I had a phone interview and it went very well. It lasted for over an hour. I was invited to come in for an in-person interview shortly after but received an email a day after stating the position was eliminated due to budgetary reasons.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you knew you made an error or mistake and what steps did you take to correct it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Interviews

Sage Hospitality Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Sage Hospitality as 66.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.74 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Server and Sales Coordinator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Front Desk Agent and Front Desk Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Sage Hospitality takes an average of 24 days when considering 51 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Server had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Accounting Clerk roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Sage Hospitality according to 51 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 20.53%