Sainsbury's Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sainsbury's Bank Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2016

2.8

Travel Money Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hereford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sainsbury's Bank (Hereford, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application. Involved answering questions, best and worst scenarios. Got a text the next day confirming I had been shortlisted for an interview. At the interview you sign in at the customer service desk, where the interviewer meets you. Taken to interview room. The interview involves 3 stages Answer yes/no questions. Then a few normal interview questions, like, "why do you want to work at sainsbury's?" Then the last part is a timed 20 minute maths test. Fairly easy. They just look to see if you know what sums to do incase of manual trading. You are allowed a calculator. Questions like, exchange £500 in to € with exchange rate of 1.29 etc. Dress smart/casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had a disgruntled customer and what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Business Change Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sainsbury's Bank (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Having spoken to a representative from Sainsbury's Bank at a careers fair, I thought Sainsbury's Bank seemed like a great place to work. I applied online and was then invited to attend an assessment centre at the company's head office in Edinburgh which involved a pre-prepared presentation, a one hour competency based interview and a group task.

Travel Money Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eastbourne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sainsbury's Bank (Eastbourne, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Competency Based Question, Interview process was very straight forward and simple. First you need to complete an application online, followed by a situational test. If successful with the test they then invite you for an interview and need to carry our DBS and Credit checks to ensure you are suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had bad customer service and how you dealt with it?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sainsbury's Bank (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Quite fine like any other not too difficult for an experienced person. believe in almighty and take the interview as you would get selected but get stictched up for some tasks not relevant

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SB   1 Answer

Travel Money Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gloucester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sainsbury's Bank (Gloucester, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Came to the travel money bureau, very short wait to then start the interview, took me out to a back room and she left for a while, as I completed basic numeracy tests

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Travel Money Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sainsbury's Bank in January 2014.

Interview

I applied on line and then a few days later I was invited in store for an interview with the manager. It was quite an easy and very informal and was more like a chat. he asked about my availability and when I could start working. After 3 days I got an email saying I got the job! Just make sure you know things about the company and you'll be…

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sainsbury's Bank (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

I went through a recruiter to get my initial interview.

While the manager with whom I was meant to meet on my first visit was unavailable, I met with two other senior managers. The stature of these people offset my initial disappointment of not seeing the person whom I intended to meet.

The conversation largely surrounded aesthetics and usability, mostly surrounding their own site in its current state. There weren't any design exercises to speak of, which, in retrospect, is always a little disappointing.

The conversation was pleasant, and made it feel far from an interview.

I was invited back in to speak to the manager with whom I meant to meet with originally. He was extremely charismatic and asked a good deal of challenging questions.

After that interview, I received an offer. I turned it down simply because of a better offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our site as it is?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sainsbury's Bank (Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a face to face. Motivational questions were asked, why you want to work there and what you know about the company. Role alignment questions were asked to see if I was suitable for the role and had the right experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked well within a team   1 Answer