Salsa Labs Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 7 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salsa Labs

Salsa Labs

Application

I interviewed at Salsa Labs

Interview

Interview process is pretty simple. Behavioral interview with HR followed by an email/vmail activity to pitch their product. Last round is with sales manager reviewing the previous activity and asking a few more basic questions

Interview Questions
  • Q: How do you feel you did on the email activity? Curveball: Tell me something you've learned recently
    Answer Question

Salsa Labs

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salsa Labs in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview process itself was straight forward and better than most companies. They had a great understanding of the role and a concise explanation for it also. The CSM title is overused and most of the time just a catch-all or a backdoor sales position. I certainly appreciated their take on the CSM position as a non-transactional, retention focused role. At any rate, they inevitably went with someone with more non-profit experience. But at least their interview process was short and not longwinded which has come to be the norm. It was a total of 3 interviews including the phone screen. For a company that has direction and knows what it wants out of a candidate, the hiring process should involve no more than 2 interviews -- not counting the phone screen. With that said, I really wanted to leave what has become a very rare (rare for me) positive review. They almost had it. Unfortunately, the recruitment rep's follow-up was virtually non-existent and I had to go directly to the managers that interviewed me to get feedback -- which isn't their job. The recruiting contact should be the sole point of contact during the hiring process. And that person unfortunately did not deliver here. After my e-mail for a status update a week after the interview, it took her 2.5 days to follow-up. The hiring contact I interviewed with had already followed up with me. So her reaching out was obviously just to save face. Overall a poor sense of ownership of the hiring process by their talent/HR department whose job it is to keep candidates informed of where they stand within the aforementioned process. I still appreciated the expediency of their interviews. Unfortunately, HR dropped the ball on post-interview communication leaving the experience on a sour defining note.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salsa Labs (Bethesda, MD) in Feb 2020

Interview

Standard interview process - phone screening then they invite you in for a mock sales pitch and face to face interview. There was a contradiction between what they asked me to prepare for in the mock sales pitch and what they were expecting. They wanted me to close the deal on the first call but then at the end when they gave me feedback, they said they wanted me to ask to speak to their CEO when they said they had to run it by her. Complete BS and shows how out of whack they are. Second, they asked for my references and didn’t even call them without giving me an offer. I reached out to my references to let them know they’d be getting a call from the HR person. That’s the type of bush league interview process that this company expects to get by with to hire and retain top talent. I did more research on them and they have a high turnover with sales reps, so I’m actually glad I didn’t get an offer anyways. Jokers.

Interview Questions
  • How would a precious manager describes your strength and weakness?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Salsa Labs (Pittsburgh, PA)

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, and then in-person at site. Questions were standard about experience and how it relates to the job. Insane amount of time passed between steps. I found another job months before they got back to me.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salsa Labs (Bethesda, MD) in May 2019

Interview

There was a few phone calls, then an email and voicemail exercise, and then invited into an in person interview. It all went pretty smoothly. The people that I interviewed with explained how it would all work before we started and it made it a lot more easier to understand for a first interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Salsa Labs (Bethesda, MD) in Mar 2018

Interview

I've upgraded my overall experience to neutral. After posting the review below HR took the step of calling and listening. In my opinion they've redeemed themselves somewhat. f there were more than 3 choices I would upgrade to 7 on a scale of 10. After sending my resume in February I was called for a telephone interview. Next step was a mock call for which I wrote a script and then they taped our call. I was then asked in for an in-person interview in March. From there Salsa dragged feet, I assume recruited other candidates and strung me along for much longer than they said. After many email exchanges, I still haven't definitively heard an answer. I started another job 3 weeks ago. It is now middle of May.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to critique my own call, and they did too. also they like exciting titles on their email to stand out from others

Salsa Labs

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salsa Labs in Mar 2016

Interview

I applied on Business development position which is technically sales and it was kind of annoyed with the fact that I applied to a sales position without paying attention. The interviewer was nice. We had a 15 mins phone interview. I would say I did bad because I was not so prepared and I am not really interested in sales.

Interview Questions
  • 1- what do you know about the company?
RSS Feed</>Embed