Saltgrass Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Saltgrass Steakhouse

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Beaumont, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very constructive. The employer asked very relevant questions that centered around my performance. It was also very encouraging hearing about the different opportunities throughout the company. I love the benefits. saltgrass is part of the Laundry's Corporation so your benefits include dining, hotels, and casinos.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Saltgrass?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Pensacola, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

General questions concerning my experience, years of experience, why did I want to work there, was I flexible in scheduling, was I interested in growing in the company, would I relocate, simply a general sit down with General manager to go over there core values.

Interview Questions

• Do you know your basic liquors   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (College Station, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with former GM who's at another SG right now. Relaxed and very easy. Filled out an application had a 5 minute chat with the GM and then got hired on the spot. Started the next week.

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse in August 2016.

Interview

The managers I spoke to said they were hiring for host. On my second interview they found out they weren't. I was so upset. They should've known for sure before even interviewing me.

Anonymous Employee in Helotes, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Helotes, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call two weeks later about coming in for an interview. I arrived and asked for the manager. They had me fill out another job application and then I sat down with a manager. The manger and I talked for 15 minutes and then I was offered the job right after.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a restaurant?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Lafayette, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

3 interview process with Regional and lead GM. Phone call first. I emailed resume directly to the corporate office. I was contacted by the recruiter for the company. I then met with the lead GM, the regional director and the regional VP

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave Former company   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse.

Interview

Applied at the restaurant and was hired the same day. Interview was very easy and manager didn't ask very many questions. As long as you look neat and professional they don't care much about experience.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The process took about two hours. Both lead genergy manager and regional district manager. Filed out consent for background and went through a large packet of questions about my personal views and work related experience. Asked about work related situations and what I did to deal with each senerio.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (San Marcos, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was briefly asked a few questions about my career goals, then asked me about myself and what i like to do on my spare time. It seems that they just wanted to discover if i was personable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this internship you have here in your resume, what were your duties?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Upon finishing the interview the hiring manager was set on hiring me as a Server Assistant otherwise known as a Bus Boy. He kept reiterating that was the only position available, however I kindly reiterated that I was not a Bus boy but a server, due to the fact that i did my job well. After not faltering the hiring manager agreed.

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (McKinney, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

IT was painless. They hire everyone. Even if you don't speak english. They basically do the mirror test. If you are breathing you are hired.They can't keep people so they are constantly hiring. You interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• They asked my availability.   1 Answer