Samsung Electro-Mechanics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.9

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Once your application document is screened successfully, phone Interview is performed for specialty check. Just ask simple question for your major and working experience. One may also allowed to ask any question to the employer. Once passed, on site interview with various supervising managers is invited. Maybe offered with another onsite interview in Korea again. All fees for travel and stay required for the interview will be paid by the employer.

Interview Questions

• What is your major and what kind of working experience do you have ?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

after an initial phone and 1:1 pre interview, final interview was verbally promised within 2weeks. They dragged on for two months with very little communication for the final interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

First round was written test followed by coding round. Then face-2-face technical round.
    I had cleared first two rounds and was very easy. I had worst experience in my entire life on this face 2 face round w.r.t to interviewer and the company. Interviewer was asking question and was not even giving me a minute to think and answer the questions, Just stopped me in middle of answering and was reviewing my half filled code which I had written mere seconds before. When asked about clarity and more use cases of the question, he was repeating the same question again.
    I could say these guys not even follow best coding practices as the question asked were lame in nature as the interviewer!

Such a shame to the company for having such RESOURCES in it!

Interview Questions

• Written Round - core and basic questions on .NET .   Answer Question
    • Coding Round - Find shortest path in 2D matrix consisting of 0's and 1's from (0,0) to given (x,y) point. you can only move further if there 1.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

it was nice ,first they will take technical written test followed by system test and then face to face interview .written test having 30 option .net question and 2 descriptive question.then if you the interview then system test having 3 question and then face to face interview.interviewer are vary friendly and easy going.

Interview Questions

• what are the authentication technique in asp.net.   3 Answers

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds of interview -
    1. Objective test
    2. Programming round
    3. Technical F2F (Round 1)
    4. Technical F2F (Round 2)

First round and second round were easy. The third round was moderately difficult. Although I was told that the final round would be Managerial round, however, it was taken by their Tech Lead and was purely technical.

Interview Questions

• > Questions on multithreading
      > Observer design pattern
      > Communication with a Service
      > Service Lifecycle
      > JSON and XML syntax
      > SQL query to fetch best 100 scores in ascending order from a table
      > Backstack and how to save activity state
      > JVM internals   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

1st round will be MCQ which will contain 20 questions in ratio of 75-25 i.e Java-Android.
    2nd round will be programming test in which you will be given a problem statement to understand and sample i/p and o/p for that based on that you have to write the program.
    3rd round will be F2F in which they will ask questions related to core basics of java as well as technologies you are going to work.

Interview Questions

• Q. Program in which secondchild will not inherit anything from root parent.
      Q. Byte code written on linux can run on mac?   Answer Question
    • Q. How many type of date classes are there in java   Answer Question
    • Q. How to load a xml file in java using script   Answer Question
    • Q. Write optimized code for below one to merge as single string "welcome to samsung","20170125\xx\o" to "welcome 2017 to Samsung jan 25".   Answer Question
    • Q. Write a query to get top 100 score in ascending order from 2L enteries.
      Q. Who generate byte code, who create class file? What will be the procedure?   Answer Question

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Technical Multiple choice questions -- Java and Android
    2. Technical Face 2 face interview - didnt clear this as I only had personal project experience in Android
    3. Manager round
    4. HR round
    5. Interview with Unit head

Interview Questions

• Interview Date: Feb 2017

Interview process:
      1)MCQ round (java and android) - found it pretty easy
      2)Programming test - two questions in option
          * Find the number of chars which repeat in other
          * Assume worlds calendar starts at year say 1900 and ends at 2050. Then given a year and month print calender for that month without using date. Starting day was also mentioned.
      3)Technical interview
          *discussed about java, android
          *Talked about creating our own implementations of Arraylist, Map, Arraylist vs array
          *bound vs unbound services in android
          *Where I messed up: In explaning how UI binds to Service. The word he was looking for was event - listener model implemented with the help of interfaces
          *Need to know get, insert, delete operations in Arraylist, map, array with timecomplexity (also in java)

4)Management interview - didnt reach here. Bcoz I didnt have professional android experience.
      5)MD interview - interview with head of that unit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

interview process generally have 3 to 5 rounds
    1 or 2 telephonic interview rounds where you will be asked about your introduction, your work experience and some programming questions, 1or 2 technical F2F rounds, 1 MD round, Then for formality HR round which is waste of time.
    there is no committee for interview, whoever available are given chance to take interview

Interview Questions

• related to domain that u are applying   1 Answer

Image Processing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent my CV and the HR department contacted me. The first interview was with the HR department followed by a technical interview by phone.The process took 2 days. 2 telephonic technical rounds of 1 hr each.In first round basic image processing concepts...contents resume mostly. In second round they ask about programming basic concepts easy questions from the C/C++.

Interview Questions

• Some technical problem of extraction round coin using image processing fundamentals. Little bit abt structures, dynamic memory allocations   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics.

Interview

It was a written test based on me making a presentation on a given topic .Followed by face to face interview at Banglore office and the Suwon office in South Korea.