Samsung Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.8

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Engineering (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. A few days later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. It was 1 hrs in duration. They asked about my prior work experience and discussed the role I applied for. After the interview I had a meeting with HR where they explained the benefit package and gathering my personal information and salary expectations. A few days later I got a offer that I accepted. The whole process took less than 2 weeks.

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsung Engineering (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Direct and to the point. Professional. Interesting conversation about technology and industry. Honest with the job description and went over day to day. Overall easy going from contact to interview and negotiation. Great team.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Engineering (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

HR representative found me via LinkedIn and asked if I was interested in a position. They subsequently sent my resume over to the Hiring Manager and they reviewed. A few days later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. It was ~1.5 hrs in duration. They asked about my prior work experience and why I was looking for a new job. Hiring Manager was very smart and approachable. The other interviewers seemed very smart, professional, and very interested to see what kind of employee I was.

Full-time Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Engineering.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with hiring manager and other managers.

Interview Questions

• Explain about a difficult time and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Engineering.

Interview

None

Interview Questions

• Any about your back ground   1 Answer

Procurement Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Engineering.

Interview

Very basic/typical interview questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have no previous experience, there is no room to negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Engineering (Richardson, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I actually had three interview for my current position, two from the position I originally applied. It is really nice experience and I even learned in interview. received call from recruit first and then hire manager and then director last is VP.

Interview Questions

• You have to exactly know what kind of person they are looking for. and know the company culture.   Answer Question

Pipe Stress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Engineering.

Interview

Experienced candidate may apply through Reference by present employee, walk ins or consultant. Interview is conducted by lead stress and team. Interview will be conducted at Samsung office noida. It is expected to wear formal clothing. For freshers a quick refresher of SOM and thermodynamics will be helpful. Freshers are taken on campus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. general questions on WRC, turbine and compressor analysis. reboiler and tower piping.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Netanya (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Engineering (Netanya (Israel)) in December 2014.

Interview

i was addressed by Samsung recruiter how gave me a short overview of the lab's field-of-interest. The first frontal interview was held by the group manager. The following frontal interview was held by two team-leaders in the group.

Overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• * How would you design a filter to reverse the effect of a given filter?
      * Implement a C++ binary tree which support GetMaxLength() GetMinLength() methods
      * Describe two segmentation algorithms (pros and cons)
      Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Engineering (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewer are so nice. We gathered at a room first and distributed into different rooms. Panel will ask you several basis questions and technique questions. You need to prepared your presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you come to Korea?
      What will you do if you are hired in our company?
      Answer Question