San Antonio Water System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

San Antonio Water System Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.6

Senior Resource Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at San Antonio Water System in June 2017.

Interview

A bit unorganized (communication between HR and interview panel) to get me to the interview room, so i was late meeting the panel. Frazzled from the start. Intense. Lots of questions. Intimidating but nice group of people. Panel interviews are always the hardest, in my opinion. I have nothing else to add.

Conservation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Antonio Water System (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was good.
    they ask questions about how you can be a good fit for the position
    They do not know that international student do not have SSN. They even do not know that they need to give the offer letter to international students, so that students can apply for SSN.
    they were in a hurry, although they sent me an offer letter, but as I asked them to mention date over the offer letter so that my university can atleast approve it. But, they told me that as now you will apply for SSN, it would take more time. So, at the end they sent me a rescinding letter. I was shattered, as after getting an offer letter, I stopped applying for other companies.
    Please be aware of them.
    These people are very careless
    They are playing with the careers of the international students.

Interview Questions

• asked me, how can be a good fit for the intern position ?   1 Answer

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at San Antonio Water System.

Interview

lengthy long delays because of interview hiring process having to call and check on staus with no response from recruiter have to provide a lot of infomation anything stated on application have to provide proof

Interview Questions

• multiple situation base questions   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio Water System.

Interview

Applied online (saws.org). Reception all called me to setup a phone interview. A few weeks later I received a call for a panel interview with both managers, and individual contributors. Finally, I had a final interview with an executive for that department. The whole process was about 30 days from start to finish.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio Water System (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online via email. 2.5 weeks later I was called for a phone interview. Talked with multiple team members in a conference call style. Asked me about my background and education. Was not a behavioral interview, straight and to the point. I basically talked about how my interests aligned with the project I was going to be assigned to.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at San Antonio Water System.

Interview

I applied online and I received a call from the manager for an interview about a month or a little more after I applied (which was before the position close date). It was a panel interview with 4 people (managers and HR). The interview was only about an hour and basically consisted of 3 pages of questions. You were given the opportunity to read through them before each person went down the line and asked a question. Seeing the number of questions all at once seemed a little intimidating at first but it was nice that they provided a copy to read through as I am very visual. They were mostly job specific just asking how familiar you were with different types of contracts, procedures, and general knowledge. There weren't any 'tell me about a time' or 'convince me' type questions (which I liked) except the final question. About a week or two later I received a call from HR to set up the background and drug test. Once the drug test results came back (about 2 days) they called to make an offer. Out of the places I was interviewing SAWS was my top choice so easily accepted. They asked for a just under a two week start date (offer was on a Tuesday) so verified with my employer that was okay before confirming start date.

Interview Questions

• Basically something along the lines of: why should we select you?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at San Antonio Water System (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Standard set of questions asked to gauge background, qualifications, and proficiency in the job if hired. Usually an interview panel of two or more people is utilized as the standard hiring process.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio Water System (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

SAWS has a list of questions that they ask for different departments. Most of them are typical interview question. Above & Beyond, what is your advantages & weaknesses?, etc. Project Engineer, EIT, HR were in the room. Most of the time if you can get in a conversation with them during the interview it breaks up the monotony of the process. It worked for me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. I was an intern. The rate was fixed.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at San Antonio Water System in June 2011.

Interview

Took 3 months from the application to walking through the door. Began with a phone interview which the HR rep at the time was hard to get ahold of after she asked me to call her back although she was very friendly when I did talk with her. It was a 4 panel discussion composed of an HR executive, the Director of the dept. I'd be working for, the Director of Customer Svc dept. and a Manager of one of the construction crew teams. Quite intimidating but very fair, a representative there from each dept. I'd most likely be working with.

Interview Questions

• Not having an extensive background of what I was applying for, I had to convince the panel how I would benefit SAWS with the other type of experience I held.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for more but was stated an offer by HR to take or leave it

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at San Antonio Water System (San Antonio, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

several interviews 3

Interview Questions

• why do i want to change fields   1 Answer