Sandvik Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.7

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandvik (Gainesville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview conducted by a temp agency. General application for employment submitted. Followed be resume submission. The contact period was roughly one week in time. Although the interview was processed by a temp agency, the criteria for the position was clearly laid out, and the HR department for Sandvik had final say in approval in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the level of attention I pay to detail. This was followed up with a skills test, that checks of the ability to differentiate small discrepancies in numbers and patterns.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Crystal Lake, IL).

Interview

onsite interview, management representative, personality test, background check, experience level.
    process went very smooth and was offered a sales position fairly quickly. Initial start up / training process was very smooth

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alachua, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandvik (Alachua, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with 3 people. Face to face interview with hiring Manager went very well. We were on the same page regarding our experience . was supposed to neet with two people, only one was available at the time of my interview. And never was again.. Too big for his britches

Interview Questions

• How long have I been sourcing?   1 Answer

Business Line Manager Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandvik (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Got in touch with the company through recruiter. Had a first interview at their premises with the hiring manager. Good professional discussion. After 2 weeks got a call for a second in person interview this time with the VP of aftermarket and VP of business development. (it turned out the hiring manager quit in the meanwhile) and HR. Got offered a different position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, on the vacation days

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandvik (Fair Lawn, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Too much testing Not very welcoming and friendly. When I arrived for in-person interview people were arrogant and seemed disorganized and unprofessional. HR very young. No consistent process and no clear next steps given to me. I did get an offer but they never gave me any clear job description. Treated me like a child and overly concerned abount tests and how you do on the testing really determines whether you will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you like people? Do you like change?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sandvik (Milford, CT).

Interview

Very laid back interview, mostly just general conversation. Not all interviews will be this way though, it depends what department you are going into. They hire through temp agencies for 99% of the positions. If you know someone that works there its pretty much a guarantee that you would have a job.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked to me though I suppose it depends on who you are going to interview with. Some managers are way more serious and others are laughable.   Answer Question

Operational Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Smyrna, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on line on LinkedIN. Did a phone interview, then a person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not ask any difficult questions, but seem to focus on the job being more of a clerical position.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvik.

Interview

Engineering manager starts with a phone interview. Simple questions to learn about past experience. After that, half day interview on site. Interview will consist of talking to HR, engineering manager and future peers. Depending on works, future peers will have university level questions to ask. Mine was on mechanics of materials, weld calculations and drawings.

Interview Questions

• What is stronger, an I beam or a beam with a square cross-section with the same cross-sectional area as the I-beam. Explain why.   1 Answer

Information Technology Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthington, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandvik (Worthington, OH).

Interview

Scheduled a date. Interview took place in a conference room. All team members attended to the interview. It was a bit intimidating. Everyone introduced themselves and explained what they did. Leader gave a brief introduction of the company. Then I introduced myself and spoke about me for about 20 minutes. Then there was a question/answer session.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandvik (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

Contacted old cooworker, who help me to arrange an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy, I tald what t want, they come back with what they were willing to do