Saudi Aramco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saudi Aramco Interview Questions

Interviews at Saudi Aramco

2.9

Loss Prevention Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saudi Aramco in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was quiet interesting. It was with the recruitment specialists from the UK and for the technical part, i spoke with 3 of theirs specialists : the head of loss prevention department and two other loss prevention engineers which kept hammering me with technical questions related to my past experiences.
    To be honest i have enjoyed the interview as for me it was somehow a rich technical discussion and i was really surprised by the in-depth knowledge of the loss prevention engineers i spoke with.
    At the end, they asked me if i had any questions and than they have explained the role and the lifestyle in the Saudi Arabia in case they decide to move forward with me.
    I still do not have any job offer (i don't even know if i will be retained) but i really enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is Building Risk Assessment ?
      How advanced your knowledge is of PHAST & SAFETI software ?
      How do you handle QRAs for pipelines handling toxic materials ?
      Which type of facilities have you covered ?
      How do you model toxic gas dispersion in PHAST ?
      What is the IDLH of H2S ?
      What could drive the hazard in case of a loss of containment ?
      How do you model confined explosions ?
      How do you prepare a LOPA review ?
      What is the RRF related to a SIL 2 ?
      What does SIL 2 capability means ?
      What are the main components of a SIF ?
      What is the main parameter that could possibly drive the SIL allocation ?
      What is an IPL and how could it be qualified as such ?
      Why do you often change jobs ?
      Why did you choose to work for SA ?   Answer Question

Senior Project Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

Determine your need to hire a new employee.
    Conduct a thorough job analysis.
    Write a job description and job specification for the position based on the job analysis.
    Determine the salary for the position, based on internal and external equity.
    Decide where and how to find qualified applicants.
    Collect and review applications and resumes, and then select the most qualified candidates for further consideration.
    Interview the most qualified candidates for the position.
    Check references.
    Hire the best person for the job.

Interview Questions

• Keep in mind, you're a business-of-one who has to sell your services to the employer. You can increase the chances of getting the job when you prove you can solve their problems and alleviate their pain. Therefore, the best question to ask in the interview is, "What's the company's biggest threat to success this year, and how will I be able to help overcome it in this role?" By asking this, you're giving the employer the opportunity to articulate how this position (and the person it it!) can offer the biggest impact. They're literally telling you how you can meet and exceed their expectations! Once they answer this question, you'll then have an opportunity to respond and even share some of your past experience that relates to what they said. This is how to reinforce the fact you understand what's important to them. This gives the hiring manager greater confidence that you're the candidate who will do the best job.   1 Answer

Interview

Group interviews are common with them. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions and then wait for a long time. It is a very slow process so don't give notice until it's confirmed

Interview Questions

• Why would you move to Saudi aRabia   3 Answers

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Given assigned date and time, arrived a half hour early, waited three hours for the interview. Two Aramco instructors sat in for the interview, only one talked. He asked about background information, some typical interview questions, and then went to the grammar "Jeopardy" board. It got pretty silly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked background questions about where I taught before. The grammar questions were the weird part. I questioned a couple of questions, and that was it for me.   1 Answer

Advance ITC Teacher - English Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Candidates had to go to Houston to do a face-to-face interview with at least three interviewers. They would ask questions like why you were interested in the job and they would also ask some questions having to do with English grammar.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Saudi Arabia?
      How would you explain (insert English grammatical point here) to a student?   Answer Question

Drilling Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to setup a online video interview. The internet connection on Saudi Aramco's side was not very good so the video would cut out and we lost connection at one point. They were prompt to call back though. The questions were very technical the whole time. I was interviewed by two superintendents. Both very knowledgeable and nice to talk with. Unfortunately, I never heard back any results from the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle various well control situations?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a long and enduring activity that spanned from October through to the end of February the following year. I had to travel approximately 3000 miles for a one hour meeting. Where in the end i found out it was for position I didn't apply too! In other words, the wrong job. All correspondence had been documented with the job posting IDs, inclusive of spelling out the job title in the job application yet in the end i was interviewed for the wrong position. The experience was amaturish and I caution that anyone applying to one of these postings is to VALIDATE the job posting before wasting your time with folllow up documentation, travel, and expenses.

Interview Questions

• The interview centered around health and safety specifically.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a Multi-level interview. At first you will meet with the recruiters who will go through a standard process of vetting, then the manager of the department you will be working for will meet with you to ask you more in relation to the job you will be working, and it could be multiple representatives from the department. They will ask about what training and certifications you obtained as well.

Loss Prevention Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very formal process. Contacted by HR in advance. Interviewers flew in from Dhahran. Most questions were from the resume. I cleared the interview but decided not to take the job as the company has discriminatory HR policies, very shocking to me, didn't expect from a global company. They have different pay scale by nationality. Cant believe it.
    Overall interview was great, but couldn't take the job due to pay discrimination.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to join Aramco. Mentioned about growth positions being ear-marked for nationals. No situation questions.   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saudi Aramco (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very brief, informal video interview w. people in Saudi. They were done w. me after 20 minutes of very casual, general questions. They came across as having zero enthusiasm for me and made no effort to make the position/department/company sound appealing.

A couple days after the interview, the HR person in Houston said he'd be in touch in two weeks. After more than three weeks I'd heard nothing and withdrew my application. (I'm glad I waited, didn't spend all the time on the loooooooooooong application.)

At the risk of stating the obvious, the people in Dhahran and the person in Houston struck me as rude, unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• The questions were quite general.   1 Answer