Savannah River Nuclear Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.2

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC).

Interview

I received a call/email from HR requesting a face-to-face interview. They reimbursed me for travel and meals. When I arrived, I went through the badge office, waited for the HR rep who was super friendly and seemed to root for my success (even gave me advice to ask lots of questions), and she took me the office building where the engineers (for this program) was held. The interview was with me and three engineering manager (one of them is the manager for ELDP). We talked and then manager walks me back out to the same HR rep where I was taken for a tour (approximately another hour) of the site. I was then dropped back off at the badge office. I got a call/email a few days later about the offer (non-negotiable but fair).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What do you do in your spare time/what are your hobbies?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you dealt with conflict.   Answer Question
    • If there was someone who had a wealth of knowledge, but who intended on retiring soon, what would you do to learn the most from him while he was still around?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.

Interview

It was a panel interview, they all took turns asking questions and taking notes. It took about 2 months to get a phone call to schedule the interview.

Training Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

No phone interview, just one in-person interview. Interview was conducted at an off-site location. It was a three person interview panel (the hiring manager, a future co-worker, and peer of the hiring manager). The interview lasted about 45 minutes. None of the questions were particularly difficult and they all related to the role I was applying for. The atmosphere during the interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to had to work with a SME to complete a training project.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC).

Interview

The interview was comprised of typical questions mixed with thoughtful questions which made for great conversation with panelists. The interview ended on a positive note. Was excited when an offer was made.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions in February 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview shortly after applying. Set up a time for an on site interview. They paid for flights, rental car, and nice hotel. Had a very laid back interview that lasted about half an hour then drove around the site for a while. Got offer shortly after. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Talked about previous projects, what you do in spare time, favorite classes. Much more of a cultural fit interview than Ive had in the past.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

Flew me in to town for the interview. Paid for hotel and rental car. Interview process was nice and easy. About an hour long worth of questions and discussion. Nice people, clean offices, and hospital interviewers. Never felt uncomfortable or pressured during the interview process. After getting badged, was shown around the site and met several people I would be working with. Then sat down for the interview process. Very nonchalant interview with easy questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun?

Tell us about your engineering projects

Basic resume questions

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Contacted a month later to come in for an interview. Travel and lodging arranged for me. Interviewers were very helpful and easy to talk to. HR Rep showed me around the site, answering any questions I had about the area or company.

Tritium Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

A very easy, laid back phone interview. Asked basic questions about how much I knew about what the site does. They mainly wanted to judge how much research you had done and how interested you were in the company.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Got email from hiring manager saying they would call me for interview. Months passed until they finally called and scheduled. Paid for trip and stay. Spent one day interviewing with everyone from the group all the way up to SRNL manager. Relatively easy and laid back atmosphere. No hard interview questions like "how would you describe the color yellow to a blind person?"or silly things like that. Left having the feeling I was already hired. Got a call two days after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special, felt more like they were trying to figure out my personality and interests instead of how capable I was.   1 Answer

Associate Eng Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.

Interview

Received phone call after applying (months later) for on-site interview. Travel was arranged for me. Dinner the night before interview with an engineer then interview the next morning, including tour of Site. Received an offer about a month or so later. Overall, great experience. Only negative is the amount of time it takes for anything to get done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. They want to see if you're a person they want to work with on a daily basis, not how many formulas you remembered from school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Offer was fair, and I'm not sure if there is much negotiation allowed with these positions.