Savannah River Nuclear Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2016

2.2

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC).

Interview

The interview was comprised of typical questions mixed with thoughtful questions which made for great conversation with panelists. The interview ended on a positive note. Was excited when an offer was made.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions in February 2016.

Interview

Had phone interview shortly after applying. Set up a time for an on site interview. They paid for flights, rental car, and nice hotel. Had a very laid back interview that lasted about half an hour then drove around the site for a while. Got offer shortly after. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Talked about previous projects, what you do in spare time, favorite classes. Much more of a cultural fit interview than Ive had in the past.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

Flew me in to town for the interview. Paid for hotel and rental car. Interview process was nice and easy. About an hour long worth of questions and discussion. Nice people, clean offices, and hospital interviewers. Never felt uncomfortable or pressured during the interview process. After getting badged, was shown around the site and met several people I would be working with. Then sat down for the interview process. Very nonchalant interview with easy questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun?

Tell us about your engineering projects

Basic resume questions

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Contacted a month later to come in for an interview. Travel and lodging arranged for me. Interviewers were very helpful and easy to talk to. HR Rep showed me around the site, answering any questions I had about the area or company.

Tritium Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

A very easy, laid back phone interview. Asked basic questions about how much I knew about what the site does. They mainly wanted to judge how much research you had done and how interested you were in the company.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Got email from hiring manager saying they would call me for interview. Months passed until they finally called and scheduled. Paid for trip and stay. Spent one day interviewing with everyone from the group all the way up to SRNL manager. Relatively easy and laid back atmosphere. No hard interview questions like "how would you describe the color yellow to a blind person?"or silly things like that. Left having the feeling I was already hired. Got a call two days after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special, felt more like they were trying to figure out my personality and interests instead of how capable I was.   1 Answer

Associate Eng Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.

Interview

Received phone call after applying (months later) for on-site interview. Travel was arranged for me. Dinner the night before interview with an engineer then interview the next morning, including tour of Site. Received an offer about a month or so later. Overall, great experience. Only negative is the amount of time it takes for anything to get done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. They want to see if you're a person they want to work with on a daily basis, not how many formulas you remembered from school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Offer was fair, and I'm not sure if there is much negotiation allowed with these positions.

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted application through online portal. This included a resume, cover letter, transcript, and other background information. I was then contacted for a phone interview from my application. They awarded me the position one day after the phone interview.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

Received call after 8 months of submitting online application. 30 minute phone interview. One week after phone interview received email about on-site interview. Airfare, car rental and 1 day hotel paid by SRNS. Was taken out to dinner the night before interview by senior engineer. Day of interview met with host and drove around site for about 45 minutes to get the know the area. The interview consisted of a 3 person panel (only engineers, no HR rep) and took about 45 minutes. Final step is lunch at the facility.

After not hearing anything after 3 weeks, called and left voice mail. Within an hour of the call, received generic email saying "Thank you but no thank you".

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC).

Interview

Worked at the Savannah River Site as a subcontractor prior to 1988 which lead to full time job position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was difficult decision to leave WJBF Channel 6 for this job but medical insurance benefits were no cost with this company.