Savers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Savers

2.1

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savers (Woodbury, MN) in February 2020.

Interview

Horrible she was very angry like, and she kept talking about her other employees how they are just trash and that she hopes i'm not gonna be like them.

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I had common sense   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Savers (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

I walk into the store looking for a manager and as soon as I find one she didnt really want to shake my hand. She told me she was busy and the walk around the store until shes ready to interview me. I'm waiting....and waiting. 10 minutes turn to 30. Then 30 turns into an hr. An hr of just standing around then a completely different manager says she was ready to interview me. She said she was in other interviews but I still dont understand how that interfered with my time because I made an appointment for a reason. When walking up to her office i got a really nasty look from one of the employees working there for no reason. Looked me up and down. During the interview, which took over am hr, she read off 3 pages of questions. They seemed endless. All of them repeated themselves atleast 4 times in different manners. She kept asking me to repeat over and over. Despite the rough start, this manager seemed nice. She said she really like the answers I gave and I signed an employment form and filled out my availability. She told me what days I'll be working after the second interview and guaranteed me the job. It's been 20 days since I had the interview and called them 3 times. Every responses is "the manager hasn't gotten around to scheduling the interviews yet. You are still a candidate" From my point of view management seems extremely disorganized. I very much dislike when employers guarantee a job then disappear when you ask about the offer they gave. I would like some transparency.

Interview Questions

• describe a time there was an upset customer? what did you do?   Answer Question
    • what was a time you failed? hat do you think you can do better?   Answer Question
    • if I called your manager, what 3 things would he describe you as?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Found the position on Indeed and applied. Received communication from a Savers' Representative (assuming HR as they did not identify their title) that they loved my work experience & wanted to schedule an interview for their store manager position. We discussed a time frame that worked for both of us and left it at that. On the day of the interview, 2!hours beforehand I receive an email stating they are no longer hiring for this position.

Seems like I dodged a bullet if this is the way Savers conducts their business. Thank you Savers! :)

Front End Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Savers (Crystal Lake, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview, had an in person interview with two managers, and then again with the market manager. At each they gave a good amount of detail about the job and kept making sure that this was a career choice for me. As someone who hasn't interviewed a lot they really made me feel at ease with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Give me an instance when you had to set a goal and achieve it.   Answer Question

Team Player Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savers.

Interview

Just like a conversation
    Very easy process
    They will call you immediately if you are what they need it
    Attendance is very important for them
    If you are available on weekends that's a plus!

Team Member Interview

Interview

Casual, nothing to worry about. They don't care about you as they basically hire anyone. they just need need people they can overwork. Its about the quantity not quality. And they promote people who are literally not deserving of it

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Savers (Danvers, MA) in January 2019.

Interview

Many of the interview questions revolve around specific instances that you 'went above and beyond' or how you dealt with a difficult situation. Though what they mainly focused on was how you hold yourself and others accountable.

Interview Questions

• How do you hold others accountable?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savers.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. It felt like the question are just picked from a list. Spoke to a total of three individuals. None of them asked many follow up questions. The questions are basic nothing that I would consider a curve ball.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Savers?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Savers (Providence, RI).

Interview

long period between interviews-- 3 phone screens and then an in person interview and despite having a lot of interest and seemingly great interviews I never heard back from them either way. It was odd to not hear back as I thought every interview was handled well and was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of something you had to do a work that you didn't want to do   Answer Question

Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yorba Linda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savers (Yorba Linda, CA).

Interview

I had one interview session, went from the "lowest" supervisor to the top store manager. It was a nice process, there were no silly call-backs. I received a call later that or the next night asking to come in the next day.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, basically seeing if you have basic work skills. Maybe some "what would you do if blank" types.   Answer Question