Scania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scania Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scunthorpe, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Scania (Scunthorpe, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role at the end of April but scania didn't get in contact until June to offer an interview, went to the interview and was told I would get a responses by the end of the week. 3 weeks have now passed and still no response.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

IT Support Technician Interview

Interview

Not actual an interview but a phone call. The overall conversation was in a very good atmosphere, informed me that cover the skills they demanded. Then asked me if I have a place to stay in town. I answered negative and I get no offer

Interview Questions

• You have a place to stay in town or a relative ?   1 Answer

Analyst Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scania (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2017.

Interview

You get invited to meet the hiring manager and a recruitment manager from HR. they are usuallly on the same day. Before the interview you are asked to fill some online tests for personality and logical reasoning. You get a copy of the reports.

Interview Questions

• Quite standard questions about your personality, what motivates you, what makes you uncomfortable, how you deal with other team members   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scania in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was around an hour. Not intense. Only face to face interview no other tests. Start with what do you know about Scania and the position you apply for. Following is self introduction and how do yo see yourself in 10 years.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scania.

Interview

Really friendly and specific concerning the topic. Not weird personal questions, the interview stayed always on a technical perspective. Got called quite fast for an offer after the interview, I cannot say the process was long. I would reccomend to apply fpr these positions, it is a good environent and the selection seems to be based mainly on real skills.

Graduate Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Södertälje (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scania (Södertälje (Sweden)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is as following: Online application -> Web-based logical and personality tests -> Interview 1 (with HR) -> Interview 2 (assessment day with hiring managers).
    Tests and interviews are standard, nothing special or hard. Went through the hole process till the very final round when I got to understand that all the recruiting process was artificial and made for show!
    On the final assessment day we were 6 candidates on 3 positions, and it turned out during informal conversations that 3 candidates were already working part-time for Scania and already had contracts starting in September (when the Graduate Trainee Program starts)! It was not a surprise that those 3 candidates got positions, and the other three (who were "strangers" there) lost their time and efforts for nothing. So all the recruiting was just to show that they choose people in a competitive procedure, while they don't.
    I would personally recommend to avoid losing time applying for Graduate Trainee Program at Scania, until you have some good connection to Scania already. All the process is a show.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions: your strengths/weaknesses, why did you choose Scania, discussion of logical abilities/personality tests' results, success/fail situation, and so on.
      On the assessment day business case was discussed and presented in groups.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Södertälje (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scania (Södertälje (Sweden)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a 3 step process, application followed by competency tests in quantitative data analysis and logical reasoning along with some basic verbal reasoning. After clearing this, flew down to Sodertalje for the 1st round with the HR. It was a good experience this time and was shortlisted for the next round. So we were 6 people vying for 3 trainee positions. We had case interviews first followed by another 2 hour long individual interviews. Eventually, the 3 positions were offered to people who were already doing their thesis with them. In retrospect, I feel the whole process of recruitment was botched up and pre decided. I remember the case interviews were good and we made a good presentation but technicality mattered somehow less for them and compatibility of the individual more, a person in my team despite being not at all technical and presenting HR like solutions was selected due to an ongoing thesis with them. I would be a little harsh to suggest that international students who have no thesis/internship with Scania, do not waste time and efforts applying for their graduate trainee program. Although the HR department seems good, the managers seem to look for homogeneity of individuals, whose technicality does not matter.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions -

Strengths, weaknesses, areas of improvement, scenarios in the past and overcoming challenges, motivation for the program etc.

Compatibility based questions -

Functioning in a team, communication, coordination, leadership experience/ability etc.   Answer Question

Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oskarshamn, Kalmar (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scania (Oskarshamn, Kalmar (Sweden)) in March 2016.

Interview

The framework of the interview was pretty basic, nothing really suprised me but if I would not prepare for questions such as "Describe a situation when.." I believe the interview would have been tougher. The whole interview took about 1 hour and 15 min.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?
      What are your strengths?
      Describe yourself.
      And many questions was "tell me a situation when..." for example: When you failed at something   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Södertälje (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scania (Södertälje (Sweden)) in March 2016.

Interview

After the personality and matrigma tests I got invited for an Interview.It was an one to one interview. It took about an hour. Very friendly and calm discussion. The only negative is that they took them 2 week to get an official reply. In the second step they required a drug test and a health check.

Interview Questions

• Mostly personal questions and the standard questions: Tell me 3 positive, 3 negatives where do you want to be in three years. The whole interview was based on my personality test.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scania in March 2016.

Interview

Introduction was asked. Where i lived.my hobbies .
    Strengths were asked
    Dealing with customers were asked
    No technical questions asked.
    No of years of experience was asked
    Any questions from my side was asked.

Interviewer was Sales Manager