Scholastic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scholastic Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.6

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic.

Interview

horrible. manager spend entire time asking text book questions. never did he clearly or effectively communicate about what the role entails. i had to ask and got vague responses; should have known.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a challenge you faced? what would you do if? these are questions geared toward entry level applicants, not seasoned professionals   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

interview was good technical questions were nice and well asked how to do cross functional testing they had two round one was 1:1 and other was with group of 4 people
    then was the drug test

Interview Questions

• difference between smoke and regression test
      how to do compatibility testing
      Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

I met with HR. First I met with a recruiter and than I met with the head of the HR department. They were extremely nice and easy to talk to. We talked about books for the most part. I forgot I was in an interview. They then forwarded me two different jobs they thought i would be right for and set up interviews.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic.

Interview

Only met with the art director for that department, very laid back and relaxed, basic questions. Interview lasted about an hour. Was given a design test, but didn't hear back for several weeks.

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

I wish the interviewer knew what they were asking. Job description or interview questions doesn't match the actual responsibilities. First they had telephonic round then they said one person wants to interview on site but, then many ended up interviewing, some in person and some over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. If they need you badly they will pay well, regardless of the position. This is the only company where business analysts get paid more then senior technical engineers, as they have no experience about the outside world.

Temporary Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic interview questions, strengths/weaknesses, asked about prior experience with databases. I had to go in twice to speak with two different people in the division and both of them had similar questions.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (Saint Charles, IL).

Interview

Applied via email to local office. Standard interview - reviewing my background and how that would be a benefit in the position - call back for 2nd interview and hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your background knowledge in _____ position would benefit you in this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scholastic (Jefferson City, MO).

Interview

It was a comprehensive interview with a lot of training. Mostly asked about my teaching experience and my ability to work flexible hours. How would you rate your communication skills? What are your weaknesses?

Interview Questions

• How long did you teach? Do you have sales experience? How do you feel about working long winter hours and lighter summer hours?   Answer Question

Publicity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was an average interview process. It was comfortable but I wasn't completely at ease. They asked the typical questions and wanted to know why I wanted to work there and why in that field in particular (publishing and publicity, specifically). They didn't do anything to make me ill at ease, but they didn't do anything to try to make me more comfortable, either. And it was 2 people interviewing me, so it felt like there was more pressure.

Warehouse Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scholastic.

Interview

Easy interview very informal. Hiring manager wore jeans and had general questions. Was a quick conversation interview, nothing formal. Received a call back within two days with an offer. Pretty easy going company.