Scholastic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.6

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to. I felt extremely comfortable, and made sure all my questions were answered. It felt more like a conversation than anything, it was pretty organic. Definitely recommend doing a lot of research and being prepared, since it is a pretty big deal, and I was extremely nervous as it was my first interview. Love the company and hope I can get another interview in the future.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scholastic.

Interview

I would say the interview process was average. It took several weeks to complete the process. I was disappointed but I would apply again if the position opens up again. OK experience overall.

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Disrespectful. They left me a voicemail message to call back and set up an interview. Unfortunately, unable to reach them because HR doesn't answer their phones; and they do not return phone messages. What kind of an organization does this? They must be disorganized or stupid or don't care....or all of the above. I vote for all of the above.

Interview Questions

• There was no question as they never returned my call. How about that for a bizarre situation.? They asked me to set up an interview, but they were not reachable.   Answer Question

MDM Software Developer CO-OP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (Newark, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Two Part Interview:
    1. Phone Screen: ~20 minutes; went over resume, talked about what the program exactly entailed and reasons for applying
    2. On Campus Interview: ~30 minutes; Went over Resume; Tested knowledge, for me specifically in SQL querying and database knowledge

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scholastic (Robbinsville, NJ).

Interview

Operations Manager did not ask me one question. I told him about myself and then he quickly escorted me to the door. He thought I was a dumb truck driver.

IT Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scholastic.

Interview

Many rounds of Interviews. Phone technical interview, onsite technical and personal interview. Technical details and questions on experience.

Interview Questions

• Technical, Behavioral, Experience   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic.

Interview

horrible. manager spend entire time asking text book questions. never did he clearly or effectively communicate about what the role entails. i had to ask and got vague responses; should have known.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a challenge you faced? what would you do if? these are questions geared toward entry level applicants, not seasoned professionals   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Process took about three or four weeks. First you have a phone interview with the Hiring Manager and then an on-site interview at Scholastic offices in NY. HM was very nice and seemed very excited about her job, seems like she really enjoys talking to people. Fairly simple, talk about my resume and why Scholastic. Interview at the office was very laid back, at an office, pretty standard and conversational, they asked some questions about Scholastic itself to know if you were familiar with it.The problem was that they told me they'd let me know in a week as it was a spring internship and had to let me know to work my schedule, but took almost two weeks to respond. The thing that bothered me is that NY Scholastic people never responded my follow up e-mails, HM woman did saying they had hired someone the week before.

Interview Questions

• What are some programs you'd like to work in?   1 Answer
    • What previous experience do you have working with teams?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

interview was good technical questions were nice and well asked how to do cross functional testing they had two round one was 1:1 and other was with group of 4 people
    then was the drug test

Interview Questions

• difference between smoke and regression test
      how to do compatibility testing   Answer Question

Interview

I met with HR. First I met with a recruiter and than I met with the head of the HR department. They were extremely nice and easy to talk to. We talked about books for the most part. I forgot I was in an interview. They then forwarded me two different jobs they thought i would be right for and set up interviews.