Scholastic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Scholastic

2.5

Design Research Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

First, had a phone interview with Design Research Director. Then, was invited to SuperDay. Attended SuperDay. 1 Group Exercise, 2 Interviews. Great overall experience. Had to come in with a 15 minute presentation on a past Design Research project.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly straight forward. I applied through their company site, about 2 weeks later, I received an email from HR to set up a phone interview. A day or so after the phone interview, an in person interview was set up. The company office is centrally located and I believe, recently renovated - it looked nice! I met with the HR person briefly, who then escorted me to the hiring manager's office. The interview itself was easy and the people were friendly and accommodating. However, their follow through was really bad. I received a note that they'd contact me and they never did. And, I followed up after a few weeks and there was no response. They were very quick to get me in, but it was disheartening that they didn't bother to follow up after the fact. I've interviewed for both larger and smaller companies than Scholastic and most have had better etiquette to potential employees. It's a shame as I probably won't apply here again or recommend to a friend or coworker.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

I met with two individuals who I would be splitting my time with. They described each of their expectations and asked me about my experience. They showed me around the space and introduced me to the person who formerly held my prospective job.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Initially spoke with a temp recruiter who quickly invited me to a phone interview with the hiring manager which went well. Then the hiring manager asked me to complete an editing “case” with vague prompts. Once completed, I did not hear back for over a month, which is quite disrespectful of any candidate’s time. At that point I was no longer interested as the lack of follow up was a red flag. I noticed the position reposted again recently with slight modifications. Demonstrates they had not defined the “must haves” vs. “nice to haves” for the role enough and are seeking a unicorn.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scholastic in June 2019.

Interview

It was very detailed and easy. They explained me the job and the pay and it was good to me so I accepted the offer. They are a good company and I am very happy.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a Scholastic temp recruiter. The questions regarding what was on my resume seemed templated. Overall interview felt rushed and removed from what the position entailed. The recruiter was honest about where they were in the process, as I was coming into it a bit late. I did appreciate the info but felt an air of irritation and talked-down to. I also never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Were you a manager or sole contributor in your last role?   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic.

Interview

Phone interview, follow up phone interview the heard from hiring manager with update a few days after first interview, scheduled second interview then later an offer a week after 2nd interview

Note: didn’t hear back for a couple weeks after submitting resume and cover letter to app

Interview Questions

• Explaining parts of resume and roles in these experiences more deeply, why scholastic   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Scholastic.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Described possible projects and what is expected of me. Phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Questions that involved experience and skills that were needed for the position.

Associate Software Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview first. They asked some basic behavioral questions and stuff regarding automation. A few days later I was emailed a form to select which day I would be available for an in person interview at their office.
    The in person interview started with a small test showing a dummy website and I had to find and document bugs and errors. After that two more interviewers came in and asked me behavioral and technical questions. The in person interview was about 1 hour long. They said they would reply with an answer in 2 weeks max but it has been over a month and I have not yet gotten a response.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Interview

After applying I got an e-mail and set up a phone interview. I ended up calling the recruiter myself because she still had not called me 15 minutes after the schedule time. She invited me for an in person interview in CT. After meeting the marketing director she told me I would have to come back for another interview because the other lady wasn’t in even though I drove over an hour for this one. Idk why they couldn’t book it together. After trying to get in touch with the recruiter everyone went completely incognito until a month later I get an e-mail from the recruiter saying they‘ve moved forward with another candidate, yeah no kidding.