Scholastic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scholastic (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Was lied to about the lenght of the job. Was told we would be seasonals and called back during high volumn times then they hired a second shift and let all of us go. Some people change their lives to take these positions. They quit other jobs, losts benefits, moved kids from schools to work with this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Promising but all lies which was admitted in the end.

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Referred into vacancy by a good friend who works for SBF. Based on the referral, and before my application was submitted, HR contacted me to conduct a 30 minute pre-interview. HR interview was followed by an hour long 1:1 interview with "hiring manager." Hiring manager asked a half dozen illegal/ inappropriate interview questions (how many children, how old, tell me your child care arrangements for this position.) Hiring manager was unable to answer my question as to whether I would be eligible to participate in 401(k). Eligibility to participate in 401(k) may have swayed me to take a much lower salary than I desired. Hiring manager concluded the interview by saying that she would have to consult with her manager to determine whether they would give me an offer. Ultimately, I gave the hiring manager a "thanks, but no thanks."

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a call from HR to interview. Then I came back a second time to meet with two Directors. They asked me basic questions about academic background, experience, and what kind of job or career I am looking for. I wrote a thank you letter and then got a call to be hired about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was available as this was an entry level position.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scholastic (Sanford, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

Went through 2 in person visits and then was hired on the spot. Met with my direct line Manager and the VP of our department.

Negotiation

Verbal negotiation with Direct Line Manager. I stated that I wanted at least a matching salary to where I was elsewhere. (I was unhappy). Manager agreed and matched and then gave a starting bonus.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter that scheduled me for an onsite interview. Then spoke to the senior engineer who questioned me on computer science concepts. Next interview was by a team lead who asked numerous standard questions about Java

Interview Questions

• Understanding the difference between a vector and an arraylist   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scholastic in May 2015.

Interview

Had a 30 minute Skype interview which covered mostly technical questions. The interviewer first went over what they do as a company and then asked some questions based off my resume. Then asked questions regarding Java and made me write a quick program. Interview finished by asking a few HR formality questions as well. Overall a pretty good experience.

Collections Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scholastic (Jefferson City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

Overall about myself and where I see myself in the business and that if I am chosen I would hear from them the following week. It was manageable to me as I was prepare

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scholastic in April 2012.

Interview

I went through a phone interview for roughly 45 minutes. I was asked about my past experiences, coursework, and why would I be interested in the role. I got to learn more about the company and what I would be doing in the position if I were hired.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scholastic (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Friendly, explained process, showed me around warehouse, asked a few questions. One of the nicest interviews I'd had. Loved the supervisor interviewing me. Loved the warehouse tour. Gave me a great idea in what type of environment I would be working.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scholastic (Fenton, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

Didn't need resume. Interviewer explains requirements of job-bending, reaching, lifting no more than 25 lbs, reliable transportation,etc. Take a tour of warehouse. Asks if you're still interested in job. Easiest job interview I've had.
    If you have a criminal charge, but not convicted, not stealing, not violent, they will still work with you.
    This is a fantastic support and place to get on your feet if you are domestic abuse survivor and they respect your privacy.

Interview Questions

• Do still want the job ? (after the tour)   1 Answer