Schroders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schroders Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schroders.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter for the role.
    Scheduling took a day or two.
    Small panel interview, 2 men, 1 woman at the same time.
    Questions weren't hard.
    Tone was sometimes dehumanizing.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the role.
      Do you even know what a Business Requirement document looks like? *scoffs*
      What are the main components then?
      You write JIRA stories? *scoffs*
      Can you even give me an example?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schroders (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to Schroders at the beginning of 2016 and got the only reply from their HR Department 9 month! later. Informing me that they regret to advise that I was not shortlisted. I am glad for that because I just started a new job at another company. However I question how the HR department of this company is "working" if they inform candidates after 9 month! This is ridiculous.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schroders in November 2016.

Interview

I Spoke with a head hunter. He found me online somehow about an opportunity at Schroeder. Spoke with two recruiters before being presented to Schroders. Then spoke to the hiring manager. Process was very straight forward. Not sure if I'll get a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly routine stuff. Why schroders? Would I love to london. A little about my background.   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schroders.

Interview

First round interview consisted of 3 different interviews over the phone for a total of 3 hrs duration. Since the position is sales based the interviewers were asking how your experience was sales oriented. The HR did take a long time to reach out in regards to the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable being on the phone for multiple hours of the day?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schroders.

Interview

overall took about a month, had two rounds of interviews both of which lasted about half a day. I met with 3 people both times, from sales distribution, my future supervisor and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Current financial events, would I prefer sitting in on a Federal Reserve meeting or a meeting with heads of Time Warner, and why?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schroders (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

HR person asked standard questions - nothing unexpected. Hiring managers asked standard questions - nothing unusual. Very informal, friendly, to the point. It was a simple process and everyone was friendly/not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths/weaknesses.   1 Answer

Investment Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schroders (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Very, very strenuous application process which took around three months to complete. From applications forms to online testing to online interviews to delayed responses for invitations to face to face interview and assessment day. Assessment day had a typical group study (formal board room meeting in main conference room with around 14 assessors) and a face-to-face interview and a work-specific test which required the prioritisation of activities.
    As soon as entering the firm, very, very hostile environment. which i don't believe allowed me to perform at my best

Investments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schroders (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Felt rather indifferent, the communication during the video interview process wasn't great as had to rearrange. Never actually got a reply with regards to video interview which was rather disappointing

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Interview

They called me on Skype. The interview was easy, they asked for my academic backgroud and they asked for my strength and weakness, the classic questions. The person who handled my application for apprenticeship was very unprofessional. She has wronged my name several times. I had to write to them to have a response about my interview. She said me that she had send me an email, but I haven't receive nothing. I waited for two weeks for nothing in axiety, checking my email constantly. Bad organization. Is not the right way to relate with people.

Traineeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schroders (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward app process. Filled out online app and was contacted to complete video interview. Asked to complete 5 questions in video, most 2 min prep time and 1 min to answer questions

Interview Questions

• Fav subject?
      1 thing you can improve about yourself?
      A way you challenged yourself or acquired new skill. How and results?
      Dinner with a famous person?
      Further comments?   Answer Question