Schroders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schroders Interview Questions

Interviews at Schroders

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schroders in November 2016.

Interview

I Spoke with a head hunter. He found me online somehow about an opportunity at Schroeder. Spoke with two recruiters before being presented to Schroders. Then spoke to the hiring manager. Process was very straight forward. Not sure if I'll get a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly routine stuff. Why schroders? Would I love to london. A little about my background.   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schroders.

Interview

First round interview consisted of 3 different interviews over the phone for a total of 3 hrs duration. Since the position is sales based the interviewers were asking how your experience was sales oriented. The HR did take a long time to reach out in regards to the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable being on the phone for multiple hours of the day?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schroders (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to Schroders at the beginning of 2016 and got the only reply from their HR Department 9 month! later. Informing me that they regret to advise that I was not shortlisted. I am glad for that because I just started a new job at another company. However I question how the HR department of this company is "working" if they inform candidates after 9 month! This is ridiculous.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schroders.

Interview

overall took about a month, had two rounds of interviews both of which lasted about half a day. I met with 3 people both times, from sales distribution, my future supervisor and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Current financial events, would I prefer sitting in on a Federal Reserve meeting or a meeting with heads of Time Warner, and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schroders (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

HR person asked standard questions - nothing unexpected. Hiring managers asked standard questions - nothing unusual. Very informal, friendly, to the point. It was a simple process and everyone was friendly/not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths/weaknesses.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schroders.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter for the role.
    Scheduling took a day or two.
    Small panel interview, 2 men, 1 woman at the same time.
    Questions weren't hard.
    Tone was sometimes dehumanizing.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the role.
      Do you even know what a Business Requirement document looks like? *scoffs*
      What are the main components then?
      You write JIRA stories? *scoffs*
      Can you even give me an example?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schroders in January 2019.

Interview

Very professional. Met with a variety of members on the team in positions of ranging seniority. Very personable team and atmosphere that made the interview both comfortable and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How would your past experiences relate to this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schroders.

Interview

Overall the job application to 3.5 months to complete. Consisted of one half hour competency test covering basic performance techniques. Then there were three sets of interviews. Each interview had the manager of a sub-team and senior analyst. Final interview was with department head and senior manager. Pretty standard performance questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Give an example of when you had to convince someone to see your view.   Answer Question

Performance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Schroders (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied for specialist role via recruiter. Overall atmosphere looked great for interview.
    Interview was scheduled for 30minutes and then followed by a test. However the interview prolonged for another 15mins.
    Interviewer had a HR competency questionairre to fill up and asked few technical questions and about the work experience.
    The interviewer was more keen to fill up the questionairre and feedback in the form rather than to pay attention to the candidate. Even though interviewer was cordial and friendly, some disconnect was experienced in the interview process. Towards the end of the interview it felt as if interviewer had to just rush and go for another meeting and moved on.
    Of course, the body language of the interviewer expressed that you are not selected. Even if that holds true, as a business unit representative providing constructive feedback for not selecting the candidate will always show good remark on the organisation and the person.
    Lastly, the test was for 30mins which was numerical focussing in return calculation, currency impact etc

Interview Questions

• Is People manager role better than Subject matter expert role? Why did you choose one of the above?   Answer Question
    • What is the formula for selection effect?   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schroders (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through the website for a Software Development Management role

First interview was a phone interview which was mainly technical - touched on solid principles, coding standards, sonarqube... got feedback the next day they wanted to bring me in for an hour & a half face to face

The face to face consisted of the first hour going through solid, Gang of Four principles, cqrs, microservices, architectural problems/solutions sketched out on paper... Then met with the dev manager for about 5/10mins with only a couple of scenario questions (dealing with difficult employee, motivating/pushing the team & budgets). Finally met their boss who was more focused on dealing with budgets

Took approximately over a month to reply

Interview Questions

• Run through each of the SOLID principles (explanation/example of each)   Answer Question
    • CQRS (Command & Query Responsibility Segregation) - what is it, example of their system & how you’d use it/what you’d gain from it   Answer Question
    • Talk about the Gang of Four patterns, picked on a couple in particular - singleton, factory, facade & decorator   Answer Question
    • When you’ve dealt with a difficult employee   Answer Question
    • How you’ve gone about calculating budgets for projects   Answer Question
    • Dealing with impossible deadlines & how you’ve motivated the team   Answer Question