ScienceLogic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.8

Devo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Herndon, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Then there was the in-person interview. They neglected to say that the manager doing the hiring was not present. Then two days later they set up a meeting with the manager. The manager was hostile and didn't want to talk to me. It lasted less than 15 minutes. It should have ended there if he had someone else in mind. It went on for another week with them not answering emails before they finally said no.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview date and length selected below are to the best of my recollection.

The process was very thorough and lasted approximately 2-3 weeks with several technical interviews along the way. As is often the case, it included many emails. The last interview was held in person at the company and lasted 3.5 hours. I met with 2 Chief Technical Officers, 3 lead developers, and 2 software developers, as well as one of the product managers. The in person interview quite effectively tested the depth of my technical competency.

At the end of the process I was told that they were very pleased with my qualifications, and felt I would be able to contribute to other areas, e.g. natural language processing and data analytics. They were visibly exited that I brought added value to the position. They had conversations with at least 4 references, 1 manager and 3 software developers, who all gave me great reviews. The company quickly offered me the position, and I accepted.

When I was asked to disclose whether I had a criminal record, I didn't hesitate and stated that I had a 12 year old felony. I mentioned that if they liked I would talk with them about any concerns they might have. The crime had no relation to the job or the company.

I got the quickest callback I ever received from them. The HR employee was stumbling over her words, and with a laser focused determination began going over my resume with a fine toothed comb. She talked over me at times, and cut me off during our conversation. She sounded desperate to find any reason to rescind the offer, and came across as hostile and abusive. I had made an error on my job history, and HR used that as an opportunity to rescind the offer, stating I had lied about my employment.

When I asked whether ScienceLogic employed any ex-felons I was told that was irrelevant. From her response I assume that the company has a blanket policy for not hiring ex-felons. Blanket disqualifications from employment because of a criminal record are probably a violation of Title VII Equal Employment legislation. I have read enough, and talked with several attorneys, to know this as a fact. At the same time winning such a case is next to impossible unless it is in a class action suit.

As I came through the interview process I was hopeful. It is disappointing that employers will always find a way around these laws. A few months ago I had the co-founder of a company who interviewed me tell me I was qualified, and then the other co-founder who didn't interview me tell me I wasn't. That job offer was also rescinded.

The call was very unpleasant and serious, but for the end when HR wished me success in my continued job search. I laughed as I hung up.

Interview Questions

• What is a Python descriptor?   1 Answer
    • What is a singleton and how would you implement it in Python?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Several phone interviews asking me the same question on each call. It made my last phone interview easy as I know the answer well. Final meeting with the sales leaders who were brand new and couldn't answer several of my questions. I think they are just learning the ropes on the job.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Extremely effortless process. Meetings went well and the whole thing was painless. great interview settings. felt extremely relaxed. Easy questions were asked. there was no pressure. did not have to wait long.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

A brief screening with the Talent Team followed by a phone call with the Director of Global Support. An in person interview with 4 members of the Support Team followed a basic skill assessment (written)

Interview Questions

• What my personal goals (non-career) were   1 Answer

Professional Services Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

From the first step the process was very pleasant and fast, everyone showed me they appreciate my skill set and experience. All along the way the HR keep me updated after every step which was great.

Professional Services Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Herndon, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Well structured with, respectful of my time and robust. You are interview by not only management, but individuals who will be your co-workers. I believe this serves both parties well.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

There is a phone screen that is mostly a background question/answer. Some technical questions.

After that, there is a standard 2-3 hour in person interview. The first interview is very technical, mine was mostly javascript questions. The rest of them where semi technical questions, but seemed like mostly looking for a cultural fit into the team.

Software Engineer, JavaScript Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the company's recruiter and engineers at the job fair on my college campus. I went over my resume with one of the engineer. About a week after, I was contacted and got a video interview with a senior engineer. The interviewer is very nice. He shows that he listens and is interested in your response. We had an interesting conversation. I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about the projects you listed on your resume. What made you come up with the project?
      Why do you choose to study Computer Science?
      Tell me about your experience working with a team. How do you handle a situation when one of the team member does not do the work?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through college or university. The recruiter contacted me and scheduled a technical phone interview the next day. I cleared the phone interview and they said they will contact me for an on-site interview. Every week I received a call from the recruiter updating me about my application. They told they are going to send me an assignment which i need to complete before a deadline. I do not understand what happen, but suddenly they called me and told they decided to pursue other candidates. They took five weeks to decide this. Not really a fair interview process is what I feel (at least in my case). But ultimately, it is just business and nothing personal.