ScienceLogic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer, JavaScript Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the company's recruiter and engineers at the job fair on my college campus. I went over my resume with one of the engineer. About a week after, I was contacted and got a video interview with a senior engineer. The interviewer is very nice. He shows that he listens and is interested in your response. We had an interesting conversation. I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about the projects you listed on your resume. What made you come up with the project?
      Why do you choose to study Computer Science?
      Tell me about your experience working with a team. How do you handle a situation when one of the team member does not do the work?

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through college or university. The recruiter contacted me and scheduled a technical phone interview the next day. I cleared the phone interview and they said they will contact me for an on-site interview. Every week I received a call from the recruiter updating me about my application. They told they are going to send me an assignment which i need to complete before a deadline. I do not understand what happen, but suddenly they called me and told they decided to pursue other candidates. They took five weeks to decide this. Not really a fair interview process is what I feel (at least in my case). But ultimately, it is just business and nothing personal.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and other members of the sales team. Good discussions and questions. Then went onsite for a day and met with six employees from various departments. Interesting and useful to meet with the CFO. Finally met with CEO Dave sink, who was very generous with his time. Frank, open discussion. I had all the information I needed to make a good decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short and sweet. A couple of phone calls and we were done.

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The lady that called me had no personality whatsoever, borderline rude. She called 10 min past our scheduled time and the was barely paying attention to my responses it seemed. She either is an unpleasant person or really dislikes her job. All she said at the end was "if we choose you to come in, we'll let you know." Duh.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      What do you know about our company?

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 different people over 2 hours. VP of sales, VP of Sales ops, and 2 managers. I felt they were trying to get to know me, instead of just read through my resume. There was a strong focus on my technical sales background, and they took a lot of interest in my tech-related hobbies, coursework, and projects. They want reps that are more technical than average.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation consists of naming your preferred salary range, after which they will make an 'internal compensation analysis' and make a single, final offer. You can influence what that offer will be, but negotiation occurs before the offer instead of after it. I was able to negotiate an increase from the range they suggested, but I did so prior to the offer.

Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScienceLogic.

Interview

Overall, my interview experience was very delightful! I had multiple interviews throughout the day so I was able to meet the people I would actually be working with. They asked me relevant questions about the position and past experiences. They gave me insights to how the company runs and about the culture as a whole. They provide beverages and snacks to the interview candidate to make them feel more comfortable. They definitely made the company feel like home!

Interview Questions

• what makes you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me everything I asked for in the interview process. They also included stock options and amazing health insurance.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ScienceLogic.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with an engineering director, asked about tech background, skill sets, etc. Then they quickly set up an in-person interview with several engineers and tech leads. The whole interview process was smooth. The people that I talked with were very professional.

I was asked about mysql experience, Linux knowledge, etc.

They were proud to tell me they have various of great benefits, including free snacks, drink, 401K, full medical coverage.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ScienceLogic.

Interview

The interview started off with one of the leads talking about how they're having issues with their customers. Three people didn't show up, and overall it wasn't very well organized. It then moved off into some behavioral questions. I really didn't have much of an opportunity to talk... it was mostly them complaining about their application not scaling well.

The second interview was a 'bad cop' style interview. Strangest interview I've ever had, as if I was guilty of something. Overall they were rude up front and I had some idea that there are internal conflicts within this company (it is growing, and there are conflicts between old and new developers) and I'd rather stay in my current job. They were very unwelcoming and rude. I guess their jobs suck, and they weren't really in the mood of interviewing anyone really...

I was expecting some technical questions, and got none. There was no technical assessment for a technical interview. They refused to give an offer, and it was probably due to conflicting personalities.

Most unprofessional interview ever.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were irrelevant, and none of them had to do with the position. Word to the wise, don't waste your time applying.

They also made some mocking comments, which I found to be very rude. I was about to get up and leave.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter followed by face-to-face interview with people from different departments. In-person interview was quite long and took about 5 hours to go through about 5-6 people from different departments. I believe now interview time is a bit shorter. Also had a session with HR that did an overview of the benefits that company has. People are also open to answer any questions you have about the environment, job, etc.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions from Support, engineering and professional services team. Checking for LAMP experience and some programming language skills.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

They are looking to hire and went with a basic discussion about skills and some knowledge tests. The knowledge tests were kind of standard, nothing too difficult. Asked about the database technologies they use.

Interview Questions

• Describe your mysql experience. Describe some sample queries.   1 Answer

I am still deciding on the offer. It is a small company which is growing fast. They have only one product which they sell and I am a bit concerned about being pigeonholed.