ScienceLogic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ScienceLogic

2.8

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The lady that called me had no personality whatsoever, borderline rude. She called 10 min past our scheduled time and the was barely paying attention to my responses it seemed. She either is an unpleasant person or really dislikes her job. All she said at the end was "if we choose you to come in, we'll let you know." Duh.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

There is a phone screen that is mostly a background question/answer. Some technical questions.

After that, there is a standard 2-3 hour in person interview. The first interview is very technical, mine was mostly javascript questions. The rest of them where semi technical questions, but seemed like mostly looking for a cultural fit into the team.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview date and length selected below are to the best of my recollection.

The process was very thorough and lasted approximately 2-3 weeks with several technical interviews along the way. As is often the case, it included many emails. The last interview was held in person at the company and lasted 3.5 hours. I met with 2 Chief Technical Officers, 3 lead developers, and 2 software developers, as well as one of the product managers. The in person interview quite effectively tested the depth of my technical competency.

At the end of the process I was told that they were very pleased with my qualifications, and felt I would be able to contribute to other areas, e.g. natural language processing and data analytics. They were visibly exited that I brought added value to the position. They had conversations with at least 4 references, 1 manager and 3 software developers, who all gave me great reviews. The company quickly offered me the position, and I accepted.

When I was asked to disclose whether I had a criminal record, I didn't hesitate and stated that I had a 12 year old felony. I mentioned that if they liked I would talk with them about any concerns they might have. The crime had no relation to the job or the company.

I got the quickest callback I ever received from them. The HR employee was stumbling over her words, and with a laser focused determination began going over my resume with a fine toothed comb. She talked over me at times, and cut me off during our conversation. She sounded desperate to find any reason to rescind the offer, and came across as hostile and abusive. I had made an error on my job history, and HR used that as an opportunity to rescind the offer, stating I had lied about my employment.

When I asked whether ScienceLogic employed any ex-felons I was told that was irrelevant. From her response I assume that the company has a blanket policy for not hiring ex-felons. Blanket disqualifications from employment because of a criminal record are probably a violation of Title VII Equal Employment legislation. I have read enough, and talked with several attorneys, to know this as a fact. At the same time winning such a case is next to impossible unless it is in a class action suit.

As I came through the interview process I was hopeful. It is disappointing that employers will always find a way around these laws. A few months ago I had the co-founder of a company who interviewed me tell me I was qualified, and then the other co-founder who didn't interview me tell me I wasn't. That job offer was also rescinded.

The call was very unpleasant and serious, but for the end when HR wished me success in my continued job search. I laughed as I hung up.

Interview Questions

• What is a Python descriptor?   1 Answer
    • What is a singleton and how would you implement it in Python?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ScienceLogic.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with an engineering director, asked about tech background, skill sets, etc. Then they quickly set up an in-person interview with several engineers and tech leads. The whole interview process was smooth. The people that I talked with were very professional.

I was asked about mysql experience, Linux knowledge, etc.

They were proud to tell me they have various of great benefits, including free snacks, drink, 401K, full medical coverage.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ScienceLogic.

Interview

The interview started off with one of the leads talking about how they're having issues with their customers. Three people didn't show up, and overall it wasn't very well organized. It then moved off into some behavioral questions. I really didn't have much of an opportunity to talk... it was mostly them complaining about their application not scaling well.

The second interview was a 'bad cop' style interview. Strangest interview I've ever had, as if I was guilty of something. Overall they were rude up front and I had some idea that there are internal conflicts within this company (it is growing, and there are conflicts between old and new developers) and I'd rather stay in my current job. They were very unwelcoming and rude. I guess their jobs suck, and they weren't really in the mood of interviewing anyone really...

I was expecting some technical questions, and got none. There was no technical assessment for a technical interview. They refused to give an offer, and it was probably due to conflicting personalities.

Most unprofessional interview ever.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were irrelevant, and none of them had to do with the position. Word to the wise, don't waste your time applying.

They also made some mocking comments, which I found to be very rude. I was about to get up and leave.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScienceLogic in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter called me to arrange an interview. The recruiter was rude during the interview and then called and left a rude voicemail blaming it on the hiring manager. The recruiter was not professional and did not reflect well on the company

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Extremely effortless process. Meetings went well and the whole thing was painless. great interview settings. felt extremely relaxed. Easy questions were asked. there was no pressure. did not have to wait long.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScienceLogic.

Interview

Overall, my interview experience was very delightful! I had multiple interviews throughout the day so I was able to meet the people I would actually be working with. They asked me relevant questions about the position and past experiences. They gave me insights to how the company runs and about the culture as a whole. They provide beverages and snacks to the interview candidate to make them feel more comfortable. They definitely made the company feel like home!

Interview Questions

• what makes you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me everything I asked for in the interview process. They also included stock options and amazing health insurance.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

A brief screening with the Talent Team followed by a phone call with the Director of Global Support. An in person interview with 4 members of the Support Team followed a basic skill assessment (written)

Interview Questions

• What my personal goals (non-career) were   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ScienceLogic (Reston, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

They are looking to hire and went with a basic discussion about skills and some knowledge tests. The knowledge tests were kind of standard, nothing too difficult. Asked about the database technologies they use.

Interview Questions

• Describe your mysql experience. Describe some sample queries.   1 Answer

I am still deciding on the offer. It is a small company which is growing fast. They have only one product which they sell and I am a bit concerned about being pigeonholed.