ScienceLogic Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
ScienceLogic CEO David Link
David Link

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent work/life balance with unlimited PTO" (in 12 reviews)

• "comfortable work environment; lots of free food; company events; company benefit package; company match on 401(k) (although could be better" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Typical growing pains as a company grows from small start up size to mid-size" (in 7 reviews)

• "difficult to find; since everyone should realize that this is a growing company and it will have the associated challenges" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Company That Cares"

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ScienceLogic is hands down the best organization I have worked for! For me, culture is a huge factor in how much I enjoy my time at work, and here at ScienceLogic there is a real environment of appreciation and empowerment that breeds a culture of positivity and innovation which I love.

ScienceLogic has also given me the opportunity to grow in my profession through internal mobility. Knowing that I am a part of a company that values what I bring to the table and supports me in my growth is a great feeling. Not only is the management team supportive, but I also recently joined the newly launched Women's Network and am very excited to continue build my network/support system with this new group!

Cons

As with any fast-paced, growing organization change is a constant. For me this type of environment is really not a con - but more of a challenge to rise to the occasion and continue push myself to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Three thumbs up! Keep creating opportunities for internal growth and empowering your people to innovate and come up with creative solutions.

"Great vision-- Over promising on product"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, flexible work environment

Cons

Lacking adequate Development, Engineering, and Support Resources creates extremely stressful enironment

3. "Sales Engineer"

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time

Pros

Excellent work life balance and culture

Cons

Lack communication among team member in the Sales space.

"Stop chasing the market"

Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Good people in a lot of important positions.
    - Flexibility and customization of the product allow really fantastic integrations.
    - Unlimited vacation

Cons

-There is an internal move away from using the product the company itself builds as new management doesnt even want to use their own software.
    - The CEO only focuses on sales and pushing new products on new clients. The sales staff is massive, but the staff to support you once in the door is not scaled correctly.
    - Too many products are sold , with a new one coming shortly. This leaves existing customers and operations staff out in the cold dealing with legacy versions.

Advice to Management

"Eat your own dog food" If you cant use your product in house, why would your customers? Realize a good product sells itself, so concentrate on making the product good and not chasing every little market trend or shift.

"A Sinking Ship"

I worked at ScienceLogic full-time

Pros

On paper, and on the surface, everything looked good. The benefits were good, and the training was well put together for a complex product.

Cons

The product was difficult to support in the field. It runs on ancient versions of CentOS, and every aspect of the product was difficult to implement and/or manage. Unfortunately the have a lot of people with seniority. There was no visible path upward. Not certain if that still remains true.

"Business Development Representative"

I worked at ScienceLogic full-time

Pros

Good Salary, great ppl

Cons

Management, poor directon, c level execs

Advice to Management

Please decide on one path and stay in it rather than switching mid way and throwing the employees to the wolves.

"The Best Company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Although ScienceLogic is not the first software company that I have worked for, it is clearly the best! If you like working in a fast paced environment with a lot of very smart people, I would highly recommend it. Benefits included unlimited vacation, stock options, 401k match, a great health care plan, company softball team, pickup basketball games, annual Nationals baseball game, picnics, Christmas party at the Hyatt Regency, free lunches all the time, March Madness and football pools, Chili cook offs, Halloween parties, and more

Cons

Because of our fast growth, there are many exciting changes happening all the time. Certain employees do not embrace change easily, and if you are one of these, then this is likely not the place for you.

Advice to Management

At ScienceLogic, we are blessed with a great management team and Board, led by our Founder and CEO, Dave Link. Dave, I would say is the most caring CEO I have ever worked for, and despite our growth to over 300 employees, Dave cares deeply about every employee and every customer. The Executive Team has deep experience in our industry and works well together.

8. "Great group of people."

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong, committed, hard-working group of people. Very interesting technology disrupting large market, strong backers. Plenty of good things to say.

Cons

The product requires Long sales cycles for a complex sale. Must be able to adjust to change in a growing environment.

Advice to Management

Maintain open communication. Don’t sugar coat negative news. Share more openly with partners.

9. "Enjoying working at ScienceLogic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and teamwork. People are generally friendly and supportive to help clients and grow the company. Good positive energy from people (it helps that the company is growing fast).

Cons

Some growth pains. Some occasional challenges with people not answering emails (just need to stop by their desk).

Advice to Management

Keep the culture going and investing in people.

10. "Seize the opportunity!!!"

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

comfortable work environment; lots of free food; company events; company benefit package; company match on 401(k) (although could be better!); flexible work schedules / work from home options; talented and committed employees; stock options for all employees; set of company core values that guide our daily interactions; outstanding work life balance; flexible time off policy; career paths

Cons

We are a very dynamic organization. If you're ok dealing with change and you're ok accepting new and exciting challenges; can work in an empowering session; take ownership for your contributions - you'll thrive. Not a lot of hand holding here...and we are far from perfect (who is?) but the company seems to have put the right structures in place to guide our explosive growth, manage change, etc. At the end of the day, the sky's the limit in terms of what you can achieve here in terms of professional growth, development and personal fulfillment - if you're a self-starter and willing to work hard, don’t need a lot of hand holding and become part of team that is developing some pretty neat solutions for our customers. If not, this may not be the best match for you.

Advice to Management

Communicate (over communicate)!! Continue to support the events that bring employees together; celebrate and leverage the power of the diversity of the organization.