ScienceLogic Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
ScienceLogic CEO David Link
David Link

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent work/life balance with unlimited PTO" (in 14 reviews)

• "comfortable work environment; lots of free food; company events; company benefit package; company match on 401(k) (although could be better" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Typical growing pains as a company grows from small start up size to mid-size" (in 7 reviews)

• "difficult to find; since everyone should realize that this is a growing company and it will have the associated challenges" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Company That Cares"

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ScienceLogic is hands down the best organization I have worked for! For me, culture is a huge factor in how much I enjoy my time at work, and here at ScienceLogic there is a real environment of appreciation and empowerment that breeds a culture of positivity and innovation which I love.

ScienceLogic has also given me the opportunity to grow in my profession through internal mobility. Knowing that I am a part of a company that values what I bring to the table and supports me in my growth is a great feeling. Not only is the management team supportive, but I also recently joined the newly launched Women's Network and am very excited to continue build my network/support system with this new group!

Cons

As with any fast-paced, growing organization change is a constant. For me this type of environment is really not a con - but more of a challenge to rise to the occasion and continue push myself to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Three thumbs up! Keep creating opportunities for internal growth and empowering your people to innovate and come up with creative solutions.

Dec 4, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspectives about working at ScienceLogic! We appreciate the feedback - it helps us continue to create the type of environment that facilitates... More

2. "Great Company!"

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From day one I have been very impressed with how brilliant everyone one is here and almost a year later I still feel the same way! This is a great company with lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Great focus on work life balance with unlimited FTO.

Cons

401K match could be better.

3. "A great place to work"

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time

Pros

Truly some of the best people I've worked with - dedicated, fun, open and all trying to do the right thing for the right reasons. All companies have their challenges but the people here really make it an awesome place to work.

Cons

We're a small company so if you like a lot of process and procedures then this probably isn't the right place for you.

4. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and unlimited PTO, casual work environment, lots of good professionals, great work/life balance

Cons

great coverage but expensive out-of-pocket health insurance, 401k match could be better

5. "Outstanding!"

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Everyone is challenged to do their best. Their core values are so cool and everyone thrives to incorporate in their work life (Be Bold, Create Wow, Be Nerdy, You Matter, Empower Success). Lots of flexibility and great work life balance. Superb products, amazing customers and partners. I am not sure why there are some people who classify challenges as problems... pls folks, grow up and really look at how lucky you are to work here :)

Cons

Maybe too much food available.... and perhaps some employees take the unlimited time off too much to heart

Advice to Management

Keep working on best practices to communicate from top down. Ignore the comments about the lack of women in leadership etc ... this is a tech company and as such there will be more men than women --otherwise look at statistics on M vs. F graduating engineers. Keep doing what you are doing, you guys are great!

Dec 4, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate hearing that you are guided by our values and agree that free food :-) and flexible time off are fantastic perks - among our many other comprehensive... More

"Lots of potential"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a positive cash flow.
    Sales team is able to sell the current product, or at least the promise of the new product. Hats off to them!!!!
    Head of marketing seems to have a great vision and articulates it well.
    The market space we are in has lots of growth ahead. Given our base of customers and the potential value of the data we have, our future would be great if we would put out a product that satisfied the customers needs.

Cons

Engineering is the least productive department I've ever seen anywhere. People are disheartened, nobody is in charge, and except for the UI teams priorities are set by people that don't understand the subject matter.
    Engineering relationship with Product is dysfunctional. We're always trying to blame them, and best I can tell they do the same back to engineering.
    We also blame support for being lazy, instead of looking at ourselves for putting out an unsupportable product.
    HR management is embarrassing - no doubt they will bury this post along with all the other honest posts here in the past by adding several glowing reviews immediately afterward.

Advice to Management

We have great potential if you would allow it to be realized. Give the people in engineering that helped establish the existing product a generous severance package as thanks so the new product in development can be reworked to actually function, instead of repeating new versions of the same old problems.
    Clean out management in all of engineering, and HR, and whomever is responsible for allowing these problems to fester for the almost four years I've been here. Our CEO is a very good person, means well, and is an amazing salesman. But we could really use someone that holds people accountable, and demands they be honest with their employees instead of forcing them to sugar coat things for fear people will be disheartened.

Dec 4, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We want to start off by letting you know that we take feedback very seriously and share these insights with senior leaders. We appreciate you pointing... More

"Amazing place to work! (Finance Team)"

Current Employee - Senior Revenue Accountant in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Revenue Accountant in Reston, VA

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Management cares to develop their employees - goal setting is laid out into actionable items and the company takes steps to ensure you have access to the appropriate resources.
    -Teamwork oriented environment.
    -Company takes their core values seriously - environment of employee recognition and appreciation that takes form via You Matter Breakfasts, shout outs on Namely, and direct recognition by leadership.
    -Flexible - as a single mom I am always a little stressed out about corporate rigidity and presence expectations. There are no such issues here and everyone is extremely accommodating with regards to school events, child illnesses, doctor appointments, etc. Obviously there are deadlines, but your team works with your schedule and it's fantastic!
    -Employees are approachable, helpful, and friendly.
    -Management values and incorporates new ideas and upward feedback.

Cons

-Not as structured - the Company is has only ~350 employees so it's not as structured as the larger corporations I've worked for. Management is aware of this and has been making progress in refining processes and applying controls and defining roles and responsibilities. It's also been exciting to take on varied work.

Advice to Management

The most defining quality to me about ScienceLogic is the corporate culture. Management has excelled at creating an environment where the little things are acknowledged. That has made all of the difference because it makes you feel your job impacts and provides value to the overall corporate mission. Though you do not always see a direct impact through your efforts, management finds a way to tie in your efforts to the bigger picture and that ability is invaluable. Also, David Link's interest in his employees is almost unheard of. I literally sit right outside of his office and see how often he is in meetings or on travel and he makes attending the quarterly new hire introductions a priority because he truly cares about his company and its employees.

Dec 4, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! Our Values are guideposts for how we behave and interact with one another - and it's great to see how widely they have been embraced by you and the organization and how... More

"Great vision-- Over promising on product"

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, flexible work environment

Cons

Lacking adequate Development, Engineering, and Support Resources creates extremely stressful enironment

Dec 4, 2018 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is important to us - it helps us create and sustain an environment that facilitates mutual success. We appreciate your comments about... More

"Sales Engineer"

I have been working at ScienceLogic full-time

Pros

Excellent work life balance and culture

Cons

Lack communication among team member in the Sales space.

"Stop chasing the market"

Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at ScienceLogic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Good people in a lot of important positions.
    - Flexibility and customization of the product allow really fantastic integrations.
    - Unlimited vacation

Cons

-There is an internal move away from using the product the company itself builds as new management doesnt even want to use their own software.
    - The CEO only focuses on sales and pushing new products on new clients. The sales staff is massive, but the staff to support you once in the door is not scaled correctly.
    - Too many products are sold , with a new one coming shortly. This leaves existing customers and operations staff out in the cold dealing with legacy versions.

Advice to Management

"Eat your own dog food" If you cant use your product in house, why would your customers? Realize a good product sells itself, so concentrate on making the product good and not chasing every little market trend or shift.