Scientific Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scientific Games Interview Questions

Interviews at Scientific Games

2.7

Computer Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scientific Games in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online through careerbuilder. I was contacted via email by the Office Manager. Everything was done through email(s). She sent me an email and we set up a time for a phone interview the following day at 1:00pm. I had my phone in my hand from 12:00pm until 3pm. Did not hear from her. I received an email and she wrote; "she called me and spoke with me for approximately 3 minutes, and then we were disconnected"...did not happen. I called her phone, and left her a message, telling her she did not speak with me. So, she sent me another email for a phone interview the following day for a time between 8:30-10:30am. I was up and ready around 8:00am. I really did not expect to hear from her at 8:30am. She asked me about 15 questions; strengths, weaknesses, which job did I like best and why, which job did I like the least and why; and the last question; what did I expect from the position offered? I then asked her several questions, who did she consider the ideal candidate for the position? She said, someone like myself with my background and extensive experience. I also asked her about a time frame when I would hear back from her regarding whether or not I could expect an inhouse interview. She responded within a week. I sent her an email, thanking her for her time, etc.

Interview Questions

• Did I ever have a conflict with a supervisor and how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

It was by phone. He called me up. Asked a few questions. Said he would get back with me. One week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work 7 day on and 7 day off schedule.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scientific Games (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I had couple of phone interviews. Followed by a skype interview as it was out of state. Afterwards they invited me on site for lunch interview. Paid travel expenses, flight and rented car. Interviewers were humble and nice. Explained how things work in their company and also explained what exactly was expected of me if I were to work there.

Work environment was really good. Open work spaces. And excellent employees everyone was nice and treated with warm welcome.

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Initial Phone screen followed by a follow up interview. I was contacted by the recruiter and she asked me I was interested in this position. I responded positively. We had phone interview later in the week. She ask me many questions including my background and what I am up to these days. She also asked me why I waned this job. She made sure that I had the technical skills required in the job description.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2008.

Interview

Online test asking several specific questions about programming. I think the test was about 50 questions and was similar to a college programming final. Tests things like coding style, proper memory cleanup, and readability of code.

Interview Questions

• For the two variables declared below:

const char cch = 'A';
      char ch = 'B';

Which of the following declarations/initializations are VALID?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen with an HR person and then another one with the engineering team. I was given a short take home project and then an onsite interview with the team. The onsite interview was a great experience. They really make you feel like you are a part of the team already and relax you so you can perform to the best of your abilities. They also showed me some interesting projects they have worked on in the past to give me an idea of what I'd be doing if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• I was given a take home project to make a simple small mini game which was pretty straightforward.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by an HR rep about the position. After asking me to read her my resume, she made a point of telling me that some of my related experience "didn't count" and to not expect that high of a salary. Don't waste your time here.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to appear for an interview process. While there, I was ignored, left waiting for over half an hour while the interviewer finished a previous interview, and was harassed during the critical thinking portion of the interview process because I told the interviewer that I did not understand his question and he refused to elaborate on what he was asking me.

Ignoring an interviewee is a horrible practice, and can elude to the type of treatment an employee is likely to receive. Every interview should be focused on the person being interviewed, they should never overlap. If there is a scheduling error, rescheduling benefits both parties because they can both maintain a higher degree of professionalism when everything is going according to plan. Overlap of interviews by the same person shows a lack of solid leadership and would make one question if this person should be doing interviews at all. And as far as the harassment; if a hiring manager can't communicate with a potential employee during a simple, routine interview then how can he maintain a cohesive team element in his own studio/group/team?

Lastly, I had to wait for over a month before I received an email stating that they simply weren't going to hire me. No explanation of what to improve on for a future interview. And since when does a hiring company who is looking for candidates have the time to wait for a month before making a decision on whether or not to hire someone?

Interview Questions

• The one question I had trouble with, and that caused an uncomfortable situation for me, had to do with what pieces of information I would need to conduct testing on something. I never got the full comprehension of the question because the interviewer refused to work with me on finding a common understanding so that I could answer his question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website and received a phone call a few days later from them. They wanted to schedule a phone interview. I had my phone interview, then they requested an in-person interview. I went in for the in-person interview and got a tour of the facility and met some of the other employees. They explained their roles and what type of work they do. They were all very nice. It seemed like a cool little team to work with.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you write simple/pseudo-code to execute a binary search?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2018.

Interview

I was ready for an initial call from the Hiring manger and around 40 minutes later, I get a text that says he will call me back "Momentarily". He said he got caught up on an issue ( Which I understood) and asked when would I be available to chat. I said the next day at 5:00.

I was ready for his call at 5:00 (again) but he never called. That's a huge red flag. Very unprofessional. I emailed the recruiter and told them to please remove my name from the list and that I was no longer interested in working for this company.