Scientific Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.6

Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Savannah, GA).

Interview

The interview process was very easy and straightforward. I was contacted by the Talent Acquisitions Lead/HR Lead through email after applying through Indeed.com. She served as my point of contact throughout the entire process, and was extremely helpful.

The process involved two interviews over phone, the first consisting of general questions about my work history and salary expectations, and the second coming a week later with two lead producers and the art lead I would be working under. This panel not only asked me questions but was very good about answering my questions about both the company and the living costs/QoL in the area.

After the second interview, I sent over a small art test to the HR Lead, who forwarded it to the art team. I received an offer about a week later.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

It was fairly easy. Basic questions about projects and experience listed on the resume. First interview was with the manager, then the team members and the VP of the department. During the first interview, the manager showed me around the workplace and explained what I will be doing. It was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• If you design a PCB and it doesn't work when it is fabricated, what are your next steps to rectify the mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the salary and we both settled half way. I would recommend to research about the payscale online and have a number in mind.

Associate Test E Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

At first, conversation with the recruiter. And, you need to submit answers in word format which asks about the previous experiences, HR related questions, and future goals. After this, they scheduled for 3 hrs skype interview which included exam type questions and answers. Unfortunately, I didn't get offer (may be the issue of sponsorship )

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions, question about permutation and combination.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Chicago, IL).

Interview

My interview with SG (WMS Gaming) was 10 years ago when it was called WMS. The process could be obsolete now. Anyway here how I joined WMS.
    1. Staffing interview by a inhouse WMS HR recruiter
    2. Phone Screen with the hiring manager and an lead engineer: It was scheduled for half hour but went on for about an hour. Went over my C++ experience and project I worked in my previous job.
    3. One half-day in-person interview at Chicago office. First I was interviewed by the VP, then by the panel that included my boss, my lead and a engineer who would be my colleague later. All technical C++ design patterns, my projects, given some code samples and asked the output. Given a small case and asked to give a solution. Nothing hard as such.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle the conflicts with testing teams   1 Answer

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Apply online at the company website. -This company relies heavily on referrals- An employee from HR will contact you for a phone interview; followed by an interview in person. During the interview you are shown the area where you will be working, the positions you will work on the line, and the manager will explain the general work day to you. Interviews are typically conducted with a group of candidates followed by private interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would have any problems with any of the positions on the line?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with the (3 day one week/4 day the next week) schedule?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I got an email from one of their hiring personnel to schedule an initial phone screen, after which I received another email to schedule for an interview on-site. Hiring personnel was awesome and very helpful, as well as the panel who interviewed me.

Comp and Equity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I received a call with a phone recruiter and after a very short phone screen, she set me up with another phone interview with the director. The director then asked about my background. After the phone screen, he followed up with me the next week that he would keep in touch. After one week of no response, I sent a follow up email and the phone recruiter than called me and told me that I was no longer in the running. Almost one month from application date to final call, I would assume the actual process would take 6 plus weeks till offer.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to appear for an interview process. While there, I was ignored, left waiting for over half an hour while the interviewer finished a previous interview, and was harassed during the critical thinking portion of the interview process because I told the interviewer that I did not understand his question and he refused to elaborate on what he was asking me.

Ignoring an interviewee is a horrible practice, and can elude to the type of treatment an employee is likely to receive. Every interview should be focused on the person being interviewed, they should never overlap. If there is a scheduling error, rescheduling benefits both parties because they can both maintain a higher degree of professionalism when everything is going according to plan. Overlap of interviews by the same person shows a lack of solid leadership and would make one question if this person should be doing interviews at all. And as far as the harassment; if a hiring manager can't communicate with a potential employee during a simple, routine interview then how can he maintain a cohesive team element in his own studio/group/team?

Lastly, I had to wait for over a month before I received an email stating that they simply weren't going to hire me. No explanation of what to improve on for a future interview. And since when does a hiring company who is looking for candidates have the time to wait for a month before making a decision on whether or not to hire someone?

Interview Questions

• The one question I had trouble with, and that caused an uncomfortable situation for me, had to do with what pieces of information I would need to conduct testing on something. I never got the full comprehension of the question because the interviewer refused to work with me on finding a common understanding so that I could answer his question.   1 Answer

Corporate Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

Less than a week after applying for the position I received a call from Human Resources scheduling me for an initial phone interview the next day. Following the phone interview I was sent a questionnaire, which I responded to quickly. The next day I received an e-mail from HR scheduling me for an in-person interview within the upcoming week. The final interview took place two days later. It took only another couple of days for HR to call me back extending me a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: How does this job fit within your career goal plans?   Answer Question

Lms Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Worked with a head-hunter, who I suspect was working for them, and then a few phone and on-site interviews. Was very difficult as the manager could not decide which LMS they hoped to use. Having access to Oracle's suite they had free access to it. Previously had SuccessFactors, and others, but she never liked them. I had my own LMS that could be up and running after 6mos that would have done a much better job, but she could not even decide on this. She really wanted in-class training for an international company with high regulations across nations. Like that would work. So it boiled down to a non-techical person trying to be in charge of a technical and solution specific outcome without having any background in it. Effectively yet another company who has lots of money to experiment only to fail when installing an LMS without a care in the world.