Scientific Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scientific Learning

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scientific Learning (Oakland, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied with an email containing my cover letter and resume, and was contacted the same day by an Human Resources Generalist looking to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was done the next day. I felt that it went OK, but I never heard back from her. There weren't any really technical questions for me, but there were several soft skills questions. The HR Generalist seemed to be reading questions prepared for her by the hiring manager.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Learning (Emeryville, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I contacted them via email. Several weeks later, heard back from HR who did a phone screen. Another few weeks later, the hiring manager called to do a second phone screen. They arranged a day of onsite, in-person interviews (with a half dozen people across the company). The people were very pleasant, quite reasonable. the culture and atmosphere a blend of software people, yet also somewhat "academic", probably due to the nature of the founders (Phd's and neuroscientists).

Educational Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scientific Learning in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewing manager took forever to finally get to doing the interviews. He came in seemingly unprepared for it. He appeared to be reviewing my resume for the first time while we sat face to face and he just kept looking at his computer and scrolling through the document asking questions about things he found in the resume. No clear path to the interview. Didn't ask the questions I'd anticipated at all. Didn't really discuss my real qualifications, more his impressions of the job.

Interview Questions

• I guess I'm trying to talk you out of the job, so why are you still interested?   Answer Question