Scivantage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Scivantage

2.8

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scivantage (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

The communication is lacking in this corporation. The first was a normal screening following by a technical round interview on skype where they asked normal JDBC questions and java collections question. After that the recruiter told me that they would want me to come in for a final round interview. Before the interview they said that it was not going to be too technical as is the case with a f inal round but tables turned when I got there. It was a 2.5 hr technical round interview with 3 sets of group all going technical. The recruiter told me to research about the company and know the products prior to the final round but they did not ask a single behavioral question or a question about the company. I was really disappointed with the lack of communication. From that experience, this company would tell you one thing and actually do something else.

Interview Questions

• 2nd Round: (Java)
      How would you take out all repeated words out of a file
      How do you make a connection to a database in Java   Answer Question
    • Final Round (Java):
      What are the different types of bean scopes
      How would you find the max 2 numbers from an unsorted unique array on ints. You cannot use any sorting mechanisms so just use loops.
      How would you remove duplicate consecutive words from a file. E.g My name is John John should be My name is John.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scivantage (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

it's a FAKE interview, Let me explain. Phone interview is pointless, they don't follow the Job description. Even if you don's have some mandatory knowledge showing in the job description. They still let you join the onsite-interview.
    During the onsite interview. there are 3 rounds interviews and one paper test. They will keep asking the knowledge the not showing in your resume,although you already told them you don't have this part of knowledge in the phone interview. it is so WIRED that if some knowledge is very important for the role, WHY the interviewer said it's OK if you don't have during the phone interview and let you join the onsite interview. and finally move forward with another candidate because you don't have that part of knowledge.
    it's waste of your time and money to joint the onsite interview.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scivantage (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter from a Monster posting
    Came in and did 4 interviews and skills test
    2 with software developers
    2 with a founders

Interview Questions

• Probably - question on Big O notation or explain how load balancing and how may factor into development.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was a Junior out of college - you just accept.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scivantage (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The people were very nice and supportive. At the time I interviewed there was a recession going on so they had to put me on hold as the internship position closed out.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scivantage (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Very beautiful offices and kind people. They asked me answer a paper and then gave me an interview. It''s short, 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The officer just talked about his project continuously and asked about my idea to it. Since I did not have strong knowledge background in his field. I did a bad interview.   Answer Question

Investment Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scivantage (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was a Standard interview. Met with a few different associates and one manager. It was about two hours total from start to finish. The questions were standard and not overly difficult or probing.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward questions regarding background and experience.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scivantage (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward, the usual interviewing with members of the team and their manager. However, one of the team members was somewhat disrespectful when she implied "I was faking it."

Junior PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scivantage (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

5 rounds including 2 F2F rounds , all fake, they kill your time, they are a small company and they want people from Google/Microsoft..they are not worth of interviewing anyone...

They are hopeless, they waste time by interviewing and the Junior PMs are decision makers

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scivantage (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Many rounds of interviews where multiple heads of groups will come around and interview with eiher direct technical questions or problem solving.

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scivantage (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

First, there was a paper test on java language, sql, linux command, design patterns.
    Second, after you answer the question regarding your working experience, the interviewer will ask you questions like: What's the difference between array and vector? Design a linked list. How to write iterate and how to recursive code. What problem will occur if you are using recursive?
    Last, they asked some behavior questions