Screwfix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.6

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied via their careers website for a Designate SM role. Heard nothing for approx 3 months. Then another Designate role for a similar area went live & I submitted a 2nd application. After a couple of weeks I received an email telling me I had been successful to the next stage & had to take a Digital interview. After messing around for 30 mins with the software I finally managed to get it to work - if you are going to use Tech at least make sure it works first time.....This consisted of answering 6 questions while the online system filmed your answers. It felt very unnatural & was not in any way a good way to 'show us your personality' as the accompanying blurb said. I knew immediately that I would not be successful as this type of process does not suit my style. Right enough next morning comes the automatic rejection email, so it is clear they didn't spend much time reviewing the video. Having been a customer of Screwfix I know that I can easily Manage one of their units, & have indeed managed much bigger teams & turnovers, however it is disappointing their system is so automated & you get rejected without even speaking to someone, either on the phone or face to face. Very impersonal & suggests a company that will not value its employees if they can't be bothered at the recruitment stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you led a team through a period of change?
      Tell us about how you managed a team on a sales floor?   Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online then received a phone call inviting me for an interview 2 weeks later.The application form is really easy.It just asks for your information and CV.There was no phone interview just booked me in for a interview

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yeovil, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Yeovil, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied via a job portal and then heard nothing for a couple of weeks. Then received a link to a digital video interview that was supposed to bring me life which, whilst feeling incredibly unnatural, I felt I'd done well with.

Screwfix confirmed my video submission and then..... nothing. The modern, new way to interview didn’t tell me anything about the role or the company and for the first time after an unsuccessful interview; I feel like I've learnt nothing from the process.

Trade Counter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. A week later invited to a telephone interview and then a face to face interview with the Store Manager and the Trade Supervisor.
    Not a pleasant experience. No handshake or drink offered. Lots of difficult questions about selling and sales techniques. No standard interview questions. Not interested in what I had to offer. Not given any information about the job. Store manager didn't know who I was and hadn't read my CV.

Trade Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a phonecall a couple of weeks later and had a chat on the phone about me and why I'd like to join the company etc and then invited to a face to face interview with the manager and HR manager which was very relaxed, they were very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself and what you could bring to the company   Answer Question
    • Are you looking for a job or a career?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a staff member approaching you with a personal problem that they didn't want the manager to know about?   Answer Question

Screwfix Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

good interview,easy, simple
    They were friendly and nice
    On arrival the staff were really nice, it was done by two members of the management team- they offered me tea and coffee, interview took about 20 minutes overall.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the quote 'the customers are always right?'   Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy and official. Everything was by the book. Both the store manage and assistant manager interviewed me separately. Was pretty much made an offer on the spot and I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to work for Screwfix   1 Answer

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberystwyth, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Screwfix (Aberystwyth, Wales (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very informal and casual
    Interviewer interested in the little things to make you feel very comfortable
    Had a writer and the manager introduced themselves offered a beverage and told to wait a few minutes as I was early
    Was honest as I possibly could be and am waiting to hear back from them but unsure on whether I'll accept if given a job due to the nature and my availability of working over summer as I'm a uni student wanting to come home over summer and they aren't accommodating of transferring

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bow, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Bow, London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick yet detailed, eveything ran very smoothly and on time. I think the interview went well and they said they would contact me sometime next week. Very quick yet detailed, eveything ran very smoothly and on time. I think the interview went well and they said they would contact me sometime next week.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, next day had the interview. Very relaxed and informal. Just general interview questions asked by the manager, and assistant manager writing down the answers. It is a relaxed dialog rather than just answering their questions. It took roughly 1,5 hour. Normally interviews are stressful but this one was not at all.