Seamless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seamless Interview Questions

2.8

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seamless.

Interview

One phone screen which was just about getting to know my background and ask high level questions about the team which went well. The on-site interview was without exaggeration the worst interview of my adult life. The first interviewer with the head of Engineering was a good 15 mins late. The questions were about high level architecture. The second one, with a head of product management was around 40 mins late, though it went well with him asking me things about my product and informing me about his. The third interviewer asked me to whiteboard a problem and when I pointed out that there is no whiteboard in the room, he asked me to write on the wall. I told him the marker won't work and so he asked me to write on the table. It didn't work in either places so he asks me to write on a paper and there was no pad nor pen available in the room and he didn't act or move to get them. So I had to get one from my bag. The interviewer was rude, offensive and just plain did not smile nor showed any social skills or courtesy whatsoever. I had made up my mind about not wanting to work there by the time the last interviewer came. The last interviewer was pretty much the same - dove right into white boarding (data structures and architecture questions) without even introducing himself properly. Was the rudest of all four and was just plain offended when I would ask follow up questions about the problem he had posed and on occasion seemed to lose his composure. I was polite and cool and answered his questions. I left with a very bad vibe about the place and a poor impression of the quality of people there. Technically they might be great, but they lack basic human dignity, grace and courtesy and they seem disorganized and tardy.

Interview Questions

• Just being treated rudely - seemed more like a "stress interview"   Answer Question

Bad vibe to the place. Rude interviewers with an overly serious demeanor and are borderline abusive who do not show common courtesy and lack basic social skills. Disorganized and tardy.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Seamless.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for a 30 minute telephone. Then, brought in to meet with the manager I would report to. That seemed to go really well. We definitely clicked and talked for several hours. In fact, I was there until after 6:00 pm. You could say I walked out thinking I had the job. Then, I was brought back in for a casual group interview with several HR associates. After hitting it off with the manager in the previous interview, I was taken aback by the generic questions the HR team thew at me. They read a bunch of HR 101 questions off a piece of paper for 90 minutes and I knew immediately that this was not for me. A few weeks later they told me they had decided not to hire anybody for the position. After spending 3 hours straight with the manager, I was surprised that they didn't make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of boring questions that they seemed to get out of a book like, "Tell me about a time you were challenged."   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seamless (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What feature would you change about the website? What is wrong with that feature?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seamless (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

Very nice interview process. I met with 2 of the floor supervisors who were knowledgeable and friendly. They liked me so they immediately called in the manager to interview me himself. I knew pretty surely where I stood with their impressions of me. I got the call saying I got the job about a week after the interview I think.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty easy interview actually, the position is pretty much entry level. Nothing really through me for a loop, they just wanted to make sure I was reliable.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seamless (Sandy, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was a phone interview. Very easy, passed along to interview #2.
    Interview #2 was odd. 2 people in the room. One guy absolutely friendly and one looked very skeptical. I wasn't told who was from what department, they just started asking questions. Not many questions, they didn't want letters of recommendation at ALL though I had 4 to offer that applied to the position in question. Just a brief meeting. Tell me about yourself. Who was the worst company you have worked for and why? (tricky). Who was the best you have worked for and why? What did you like about your last job? Things like that. How do you handle day to day activities, difficult customers, etc.
    Then I was handed off to another person who I was told was interview #3. I asked what his position was and he said he was there basically to determine if I fit well in the company culture. Again, beaming smiles...incredibly friendly and positive. I thought for sure I had this position so I wouldn't let that smiling put you in a comfort zone or too at ease. I think it is mean to be disarming.

Interview Questions

• Please give THREE examples of your greatest weaknesses. (I have never been asked for three)   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

Easy interview, 10 mins phone interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seamless in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How many bags of M&M's on average do Americans consume per year?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seamless (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Ridiculous. Brought me in to interview for 3 different positions. After I did not get the first position they called me to come back in and interview for a different opening. I went in, interviewed again, and didn't get the position. They reached out again and the whole process happened again. They selected a different candidate all 3 times but told me each time everyone who I met with loved me.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seamless (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Very friendly staff, really nice offices. I got a very positive "startup"-style vibe from the experience there. Had 3 interviews total, and got a sense that they were really a fast-moving team.

Interview Questions

• "Give me a step-by-step on how you'd go about expanding our product to new regions."   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seamless (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2011.

Interview

typical FizzBuzz stuff, architecture knowledge, etc.

Better offer