Seamless Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Everyday More or Less I Looked Forward to Working Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Seamless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers within my immediate team were mostly exceptional, including my immedate boss and my boss' boss; great camaradere; helpful to each other; knowledgable and skilled; you can be as private & individual as you want to be or be a social butterfly, either way they respect it. Best bosses for me, very supportive and there's a lot of flexibility and independence, no micro-managing. Office is exceptional too; best location; bingo and table tennis always; free food. I still communicate with my coworkers and bosses even after we left the company, it's that great.

Cons

I can't say anything bad really. The company made an effort to be as transparent as possible when Seamless merged with Grubhub however, you can only reveal so much. Everything was great until it wasn't. Grubhub is a good company by itself it seems like but it's a different culture and I think the cultures didn't quite mesh well not a few times. The merge didn't affect me for the first 2 years or so. Politics exist as with most employers but you can choose to stay out of it.

Advice to Management

Maintaing good morale was no. 1 I understand when the merge happened but I wish people were more honest about what was happening with upper management during the merge. It was very confusing in some parts in the later years of the merge. Overall still I'm very thankful to Seamless!

2. "Good Place to Learn"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Seamless (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good feedback from executives and developers.

Cons

Lack of guidance or requirements.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what is in reach before thinking about the next project.

3. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Seamless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture, benefits,

Cons

Feeling of the recent merger siding towards a different office or focusing mostly on the development team.

"Seamless was a great environment."

Former Employee - Data Entry in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Seamless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They definitely had the feel of a startup. The management was very responsive to feedback and gave good direction to the team. Coworkers were amazing.

Cons

Data entry can be pretty mundane, but that's not the fault of the company. Oftentimes we would have to call restaurants to clarify things and they wouldn't speak english well, so there should be better ways to redirect calls in other languages in place.

Advice to Management

The standards for menu entry were quite high and difficult to obtain, and they had this weird system where like 70 percent effeciency was the goal. So effectively 70 percent is 100 percent- I don't know, it still doesn't make sense to me.

"Poor Senior Leaders"

Former Employee - Product Management in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Management in New York, NY

I worked at Seamless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, great marketing and content strengths

Cons

Horrible IT systems. Lacks a good culture of empowerment. Leaders blame everyone's laziness for their inability to lead correctly. Big dictatorship culture because senior leaders don't understand how to build trust and empower teams. They also promote death marches.

Advice to Management

Leadership isn't just something you're born with because you can communicate. Do some studying and really train yourselves on how to build a better culture of empowerment.

7. "Great Experience, Poor Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Seamless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Industry leader, great way to learn about small business ie restaurants.

Cons

Management was misguided back then

"Over-worked, over-managed, underpaid"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Seamless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer training and try to stay on the cutting edge of technology. Everyone in management smiles a lot. They do ask for feedback and ideas.

Cons

Too much middle management. Too much micro managing. They are all about talking and not doing. They constantly want your feedback but then they don't act on it. Co workers don't problem solve together because everything needs to be approved by management and it creates backlogs of work and a lot of unhappy employees. Overall it was not my best experience, but it did get the bills paid as long as I worked enough overtime.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees more and stop micro-managing every little thing. Your entry level staff act like children because you treat them that way.

9. "Why I love working at Seamless!"

Current Employee - Within Customer Care in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Within Customer Care in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Seamless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seamless is a very diverse and cultured company, where you are actually of importance to the company and your team; it is such a nice change from the normal corporate routine. It is a very fun, relaxed, yet still professional environment to work in. They have a lot of room for personal growth and advancement. Recently, there have been a lot of changes with how the company runs and handles business, which is only great! They are taking steps to ensure the future of the company and the people within it. This includes a rigorous screening process to ensure only the best people join the team! Honestly, I am in love with where I work and what I do!

Cons

Since Seamless is such a fun and relaxed place, sometimes it is easy to find yourself distracted. There is not too much going on to where you cannot work, by any means. There is just enough fun & awesome things happening, and in a very energetic place setting.

Advice to Management

I think communication is key in all areas, I would like to see this continue to improve. Never forget that happy employees are the most productive kind, with the best quality work. :)

"Management has no idea what's happening"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Seamless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great office, amazing people, cool concept

Cons

management is above it all, no loyalty for employees, archaic code, no training

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and they'll return the favor

11. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

Pros

hard working team
    excellent leadership
    constant challenges

Cons

fast growth contributes to minor servcie issues