SeatGeek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SeatGeek Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2018

2.9

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Had three rounds of interviews. They asked for samples from instagram and twitter that we felt were good posts. Interview itself was an hour. They changed the title of the role a few times, not sure why. Company seemed cool though.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a 30 minutes screening, which I was really excited about after my research, and to be honest, the recruiter seemed as if she was reading information about the company off a piece of paper.

She asked me to describe my history and one hypothetical question and that was it. Kind of uncomfortable because she asked two questions then wouldn’t stop asking me if I had questions for her.

I was really disappointed in her lack of enthusiasm from her and overall by the experience. Never finished an interview so underwhelmed. I’m sure it’s a great place to work and everyone is wonderful but felt like a poor representation of what everyone boasts about on Glassdoor.

HR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone interview. The interview process took about 30 minutes. I was asked very basic questions and was asked to talk more about my relevant experiences. It went fairly well.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

One phone interview with a data scientist of the team to get to know your background and experience, then followed by a technical interview with another data scientist to test your machine learning knowledge and programming skills. The onsite interview had 2-3 technical sessions. The role seems more focus on data processing/engineering. Because most questions were about programming instead of statistics or modeling.

Interview Questions

• Implement random choice function (non-biased) How to do it by using iterator? If only consider location, how to recommend venue to customer? Explain regression to non-business people. Use Spark to generate sum.   Answer Question

Sponsorship Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviews were somewhat laidback but also very inquisitive - you definitely have to know the ins and outs of the industry. The process was more drawn out than most.

Interview Questions

• If we were to consider partnering with "X Property", what would we consider when determining whether this would be a successful endeavor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few days. Had a good discussion with her and she was great with follow-up. Went in and met with multiple members of the executive team for in-person interviews and they were all very enthusiastic and seemed very positive. The recruiter then followed up and asked for references and said this was the final step but they never followed up with my references. I reached out to the recruiter after a week or so and she said they were still working through them but that was the last I heard. Pretty disappointing to have had multiple phone interviews and in person interviews for a fairly high level position, have the company ask for references and then go silent. Very unprofessional and if this indicative of the way they treat their candidates it says something about the organization as a whole so I'm glad it didn't work out.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Really positive interview experience. First a phone screen with the recruiter, then two separate rounds of on-site interviews (each with two members of the team). Pretty standard interview questions in terms of background, interest in the position, etc. with some situational/behavioral questions mixed in. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to, and the recruiter/recruiting coordinator were great at keeping me updated throughout the process. Although I ultimately didn't get an offer, I left the whole process with a very positive view of the company and their recruiting process overall.

Interview Questions

• Why SeatGeek?
      Why HR?
      What is your least favorite aspect of HR?   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY).

Interview

The process described to me was initial conversation to describe the role. then a coding challenge and then in person interview.
    The first conversation was with a team lead who did not talk much about what I am looking for, even though the call was suppose to address that. He actually went into technical questions which I assume is normally done after the coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• In coding challenge I received a task to normalize input data.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to schedule a video interview with an engineer. The interviewer was very enthusiastic about the company and tried to make the format conversational. There were basic background questions including some about a project I'm working on, an extremely easy algorithm question, and time for my questions. I didn't move on in the process, likely because I was too nervous and struggled to articulate my thoughts.

Interview Questions

• Describe an algorithm to create a list of pairs of integers where each pair's sum equals a given target value and the integers in the pair appear in an input list.   Answer Question

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application which I have to say was one of the more interesting I've ever filled out. I was promptly scheduled for a phone interview. They were very flexible when I asked it to be delayed for a day. The interviewer called me right on time and we had a good talk. I think it went pretty well. I thought I made it to the next round. Apparently not. I was told Monday the following week (interview was Thursday afternoon) that I wouldn't be moving on in the process. The email wasn't just a generic response but actually made references to specific things discussed in prior emails. All in all a great experience. I just wished I would have went further along. Oh well. On to the next rejection lol.

Interview Questions

• Name another up and coming tech business that you've heard about? Something like that.   1 Answer