SeatGeek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SeatGeek Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2018

2.9

Partner Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Was sent an assignment - excel review (formulas and basic excel skills), a written "pitch-like" assignment for a potential client, and a math portion. Then was the phone interview and then in person interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. This is followed by a pretty lengthy coding assessment. Then an hour long video tech screen. Then an onsite interview. One of the more lengthy interview processes.

The recruiter was friendly and prompt. The coding assessment, while time consuming, was an interesting real world problem. I was surprised to be invited to another tech screen round before the onsite given the amount of time already spent on a tech assessment. The video tech screen was a pair programming session on an interesting problem. The interviewer was nice and professional, however, Seatgeek's internet connection was terrible. The interviewer dropped off the call numerous times and was incoherent some of time that he was connected. This caused a lot of wasted time but I was still able to solve the first problem. Interviewer mentioned that he had another problem but there's wasn't enough time left since so much time was wasted due to poor connection and us having to repeat ourselves. Even though I solved the problem and thought the interview well under the circumstances, they didn't move forward with me. I was surprised to see that they didn't have video call logistics figured out by now even though they have it as one of their interview rounds. Its especially disappointing to be impacted by it after spending so much time on their initial interview rounds. I'm not sure if I was penalized due to the poor connection but it definitely impacted my ability to understand the interviewer and it wasted enough time to go through only 1 of the 2 questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek in March 2018.

Interview

The entire process took 7 weeks, but the interview stages were completed after 4 weeks. The process began with an initial screening, followed by a video chat with the hiring manager. I met at the Portland office with the hiring manager and then had a video chat with an on-site manager. After a couple of weeks of waiting, they checked references, and I spoke with a higher up. The company did a great job of being transparent and responsive throughout the entire process, and I chalk up the length to coordinating schedules between different locations.

Everybody at the company seems invested in their work and happy to be there. I enjoyed the open concept work space and generous kitchen accommodations.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied direct, online. Was contacted by HR for phone screen, then was passed directly into in-person interviews with hiring manager and two related team members. First was with a user. Second was with someone who would be working closely with the role I was interviewing for. The final conversation was with the hiring manager. Everyone was smart, engaged and invested in the company. I was dismayed, though, that the HR person didn't check in with me at the end of the interview. I was just walked out by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in one to two years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a mistake you made, its impact, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Had three rounds of interviews. They asked for samples from instagram and twitter that we felt were good posts. Interview itself was an hour. They changed the title of the role a few times, not sure why. Company seemed cool though.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a week later requesting my availability for a phone call. I then got another email two days after the phone call asking my availability for a video call. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and seemed to genuinely love their job.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a 30 minutes screening, which I was really excited about after my research, and to be honest, the recruiter seemed as if she was reading information about the company off a piece of paper.

She asked me to describe my history and one hypothetical question and that was it. Kind of uncomfortable because she asked two questions then wouldn’t stop asking me if I had questions for her.

I was really disappointed in her lack of enthusiasm from her and overall by the experience. Never finished an interview so underwhelmed. I’m sure it’s a great place to work and everyone is wonderful but felt like a poor representation of what everyone boasts about on Glassdoor.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

One phone interview with a data scientist of the team to get to know your background and experience, then followed by a technical interview with another data scientist to test your machine learning knowledge and programming skills. The onsite interview had 2-3 technical sessions. The role seems more focus on data processing/engineering. Because most questions were about programming instead of statistics or modeling.

Interview Questions

• Implement random choice function (non-biased) How to do it by using iterator? If only consider location, how to recommend venue to customer? Explain regression to non-business people. Use Spark to generate sum.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online for a general internship because they hadn't posted the specifics internship roles yet. One of their coordinators reached out to me to do a phone screen with a hiring manager. The hiring manager was 30 minutes late to the phone call and then told me they randomly placed me in a marketing internship to interview for. I thought that the hiring manager being late and never getting back to me after the interview was pretty rude.

HR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone interview. The interview process took about 30 minutes. I was asked very basic questions and was asked to talk more about my relevant experiences. It went fairly well.