SeatGeek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SeatGeek Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

30 min initial interview round via Hangouts. Spoke with a peer. Did not understand that it was initially just 30 minutes so took to long talking about my past. Great preparation for other companies tho!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

I started with a phone screening with the NY office. It felt like it well pretty well and i was excited when I was called in to meet in-person. The Portland interview didn't feel as great.

There was a lack of interest from the beginning. The interviewer spent a lot of time just talking. It was scattered and disconnected. The talking went on so long, I wondered if I was going to be asked any questions. The overall vibe felt like I was interviewing with a completely different company than the NY office.

I was not offered the job. I was told they filled the positions with a couple of other candidates. The job is still posted and I have a friend interviewing this week.

I gave the experience a negative rating. I wish I had an option for, "I'm not sure what it was." I lean towards the negative rating given the 2nd interview and the less than honest rejection.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question: What are your experiences with with tech.?
      They didn't ask about working IN tech. They asked about with WITH tech.   1 Answer

SeatGeek Response

Sep 14, 2017 – Director of Talent

We're really sorry to hear you had a negative experience with your 2nd interview with us. We clearly missed the mark in the way we communicated your rejection and we're working with our interviewing... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Got a phone interview after completing the assessment to apply for the position. After which, had a Google hangouts with the lead in the West coast office. After which, had another Google hangouts with the east coast lead. The interviewers were very friendly and willing to answer any questions I asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

First a soft phone call to get your general background (general background, what you're most proud of, etc...). Second, a programming take home test goes along with their problems. They say it takes around hours.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online in mid-May and heard back 2 days later. The person who initially reached out was very pleasant and set up the phone screen for a few days later. However, the person I spoke with during the phone screen did not contact me on time, and while pleasant enough, was inattentive and did not ask questions that were challenging or pertinent. I could hear this person typing loudly for the duration of the interview (hopefully taking notes) but this seemed to have distracted him greatly. Perhaps he should have spent more time listening, as he attempted to "quote" me by skewing my words, resulting in me repeating myself multiple times. Very strange and honestly very off-putting.

I asked about the role itself and the person I spoke with was unable to really give any solid feedback about what they were looking for. The biggest faux pas of all was when I received a "Candidate Survey" (something that is sent once an application has been closed) about 2 weeks after the interview without being sent a formal rejection letter. This was tactless and showed a blatant disregard for me as a candidate. I won't be recommending them as an employer and I certainly will no longer be a customer of theirs.

Interview Questions

SeatGeek Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Director of Talent

Thank you for giving us some important feedback about your interview process with us. We're terribly sorry you had anything less than a positive experience, both with the interview itself and with... More

Product Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek in April 2017.

Interview

Initial call with fe engineer. A follow-up call with a fellow pm and a final set of interviews at their office with 2 pms, fe engineer, and CEO. All in all the process was well organized, everyone was extremely passionate and knowledgeable, and sold SeatGeek very well.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 2 interviews, the first was a phone screen with the recruiter and the 2nd interview was an in person meeting with their Director of Operations. The phone screen was pretty typical, asking questions about my background, why I'm interested in the role, etc.

The onsite interview with the Director of Operations was an hour and a half, and went really well (from my perspective). We talked about my background, the role, the company, etc, and seemed to really connect. She asked me a handful of hypothetical questions and asked how I'd react to them, and even asked me for specific ideas on things that I'd want to implement based on our conversation. I gave my ideas, which she seemed to like, because she was smiling and writing them down because she told me "I'd love to see them happen here!"

About a week later I get a general rejection email, with no feedback on what went wrong or why I was not chosen. This might not be the case, but to me it seemed like you were just interviewing me to get ideas out of me, and then not hire anyone. If you're as transparent as you claim to be, it'd be nice to have some tangible feedback from interviews, both good and bad. Don't just flat out reject someone with a generic email, especially if they took time off work to come in and interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• If the entire HR team is out of office/offline and the CEO comes up to you with a request, how would you handle that?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick call-back for a phone screen. Positive 30-minute phone call with someone on the team I'd be working with. They sent me a 1-hour test. I sent it in over the weekend, and Monday at lunch got an email saying they hired someone else for the position. Kind of strange timing given they sent me the test on Friday (they must have had an offer out by the time I interviewed).

Interview Questions

• Do you like concerts, shows, sports? I said I loved concerts, and the interviewer and I connected on favorite bands.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SeatGeek in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Phone screen interview. HR person acted disinterested the whole time and was very hesitant to answer any questions I had, giving no more than one sentence, basic and generic answers. Maybe she was having a bad day, but I was left unimpressed and chose not to pursue the opportunity further.

Sponsorship Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First, you have an introductory phone call with a member of the team you'd be working on. Second, went to the SeatGeek office to meet with the manager of the department. Third, went to the SeatGeek office for a second time to meet with another team member, the manager of the department (again), and the CMO of the company.

Interview Questions

• Was a very laid back interview for the most part. They just want to hear about your career history and how you solved certain issues. I was asked what type of marketing campaigns I would run in certain situations (which I'm usually pretty hesitant about as companies often do this then don't hire anyone but I didn't get that vibe here).

Very positive experience for the most part and not a lot of asking negative questions: what's your biggest weakness, do you think you'd struggle here, etc.

If you make it to the on-site interview, be prepared as those can run long. Anywhere from 1-3 hours.   Answer Question