SeatGeek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SeatGeek Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2018

2.9

Partner Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Was sent an assignment - excel review (formulas and basic excel skills), a written "pitch-like" assignment for a potential client, and a math portion. Then was the phone interview and then in person interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied direct, online. Was contacted by HR for phone screen, then was passed directly into in-person interviews with hiring manager and two related team members. First was with a user. Second was with someone who would be working closely with the role I was interviewing for. The final conversation was with the hiring manager. Everyone was smart, engaged and invested in the company. I was dismayed, though, that the HR person didn't check in with me at the end of the interview. I was just walked out by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in one to two years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a mistake you made, its impact, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Had three rounds of interviews. They asked for samples from instagram and twitter that we felt were good posts. Interview itself was an hour. They changed the title of the role a few times, not sure why. Company seemed cool though.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a week later requesting my availability for a phone call. I then got another email two days after the phone call asking my availability for a video call. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and seemed to genuinely love their job.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a 30 minutes screening, which I was really excited about after my research, and to be honest, the recruiter seemed as if she was reading information about the company off a piece of paper.

She asked me to describe my history and one hypothetical question and that was it. Kind of uncomfortable because she asked two questions then wouldn’t stop asking me if I had questions for her.

I was really disappointed in her lack of enthusiasm from her and overall by the experience. Never finished an interview so underwhelmed. I’m sure it’s a great place to work and everyone is wonderful but felt like a poor representation of what everyone boasts about on Glassdoor.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

One phone interview with a data scientist of the team to get to know your background and experience, then followed by a technical interview with another data scientist to test your machine learning knowledge and programming skills. The onsite interview had 2-3 technical sessions. The role seems more focus on data processing/engineering. Because most questions were about programming instead of statistics or modeling.

Interview Questions

• Implement random choice function (non-biased) How to do it by using iterator? If only consider location, how to recommend venue to customer? Explain regression to non-business people. Use Spark to generate sum.   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone interview. The interview process took about 30 minutes. I was asked very basic questions and was asked to talk more about my relevant experiences. It went fairly well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online for a general internship because they hadn't posted the specifics internship roles yet. One of their coordinators reached out to me to do a phone screen with a hiring manager. The hiring manager was 30 minutes late to the phone call and then told me they randomly placed me in a marketing internship to interview for. I thought that the hiring manager being late and never getting back to me after the interview was pretty rude.

Sponsorship Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviews were somewhat laidback but also very inquisitive - you definitely have to know the ins and outs of the industry. The process was more drawn out than most.

Interview Questions

• If we were to consider partnering with "X Property", what would we consider when determining whether this would be a successful endeavor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few days. Had a good discussion with her and she was great with follow-up. Went in and met with multiple members of the executive team for in-person interviews and they were all very enthusiastic and seemed very positive. The recruiter then followed up and asked for references and said this was the final step but they never followed up with my references. I reached out to the recruiter after a week or so and she said they were still working through them but that was the last I heard. Pretty disappointing to have had multiple phone interviews and in person interviews for a fairly high level position, have the company ask for references and then go silent. Very unprofessional and if this indicative of the way they treat their candidates it says something about the organization as a whole so I'm glad it didn't work out.