SeatGeek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SeatGeek Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2018

2.9

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

Had three rounds of interviews. They asked for samples from instagram and twitter that we felt were good posts. Interview itself was an hour. They changed the title of the role a few times, not sure why. Company seemed cool though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process was fast since i had another offers, less than a week.
    I got a phone call with VP R&D, then another hour technical phone call and then a whole day (6 hours long) of on site interviews.
    In general it's very time consuming so make sure you're ready for it.
    The problem in my case is that they told me they have nothing to offer me based on what i'm looking for *AFTER* i did all these steps. I told them what i'm looking for at the first phone call.
    The questions where fair and the people look very nice.

Interview Questions

• Fuzz buzz problem, reverse string algorithm, system architecture problem and much more.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a first general screening interview where we discussed about what the company was like, what they were looking for in a SE and what my interests were. After the call we scheduled another technical screening interview. The second interview had the following structure: 5 min asking about interests and projects, 20 min on technical questions, and 5 in for questions. The interviewer was very friendly and made the interview go very smoothly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

I was given a phone interview. After a couple minutes the person interviewing said I wasn't what he was looking for. Funny, I'm in the advanced stages of several other interviews for the same position...
    He asked me about my experience, when I told him I didn't have much direct experience he said he was looking for people who had actively done things like starting their own websites for family and stuff like that. I guess I was too busy getting my Master's in Scientific Computing.
    Then when I asked him whether he thought I wasn't experienced enough he said that no, he hires fresh grads but he was looking for people who displayed an active interest. I told him about my internship experience in the exact same field but he didn't seem to care.
    Over all I got the feeling that he was arrogant and not good at communicating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me. Even though position and my core skill didn't match, I was told not to worry to much about that.

I had 2 phone interviews. First was just exploratory and second one was little technical. I then had an onsite interview.

Recruiter was really bad at co-ordinating interviews. Every time he/she would send me a date and asked for my confirmation. Upon sending my confirmation I would receive a email back about some excuse or another that previous date time (sent by the recruiter himself/herself) would not work. I was so annoyed that, at one point I declined to do proceed with onsite interview. I was asked to come in for interview even though one of the key interviews wasn't available that day.

All the interviewers, however, were extremely friendly.

It took company about 2 weeks to say no.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview questions were really high school level like 'reverse a string', 'reverse words in a string.

Onsite interview questions were of the same difficulty (or same ease).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

First a soft phone call to get your general background (general background, what you're most proud of, etc...). Second, a programming take home test goes along with their problems. They say it takes around hours.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to schedule a video interview with an engineer. The interviewer was very enthusiastic about the company and tried to make the format conversational. There were basic background questions including some about a project I'm working on, an extremely easy algorithm question, and time for my questions. I didn't move on in the process, likely because I was too nervous and struggled to articulate my thoughts.

Interview Questions

• Describe an algorithm to create a list of pairs of integers where each pair's sum equals a given target value and the integers in the pair appear in an input list.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at SeatGeek in late June when a recruiter from the company reached out to me.

After an initial phone screening, she got me started on the recruiting process which ended being one technical interview, then a take home assignment, followed by another technical interview, before a final round.

Initially I was rather confused on why the process was so long, but the final round interview was with all the senior management of the company including the CEO himself. This was surprising as the company has grown greatly and seemed hard to get feedback top down.

All the interviewers felt genuinely interested, as well as super excited when talking about SeatGeek. It made the process a lot smoother and eased me into the interviewing mood, I think the beautiful office itself is also helped quite a lot.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

The hiring process consists of a phone interview (after submitting an initial application that they view as acceptable). The phone interview itself was straightforward and direct, and somewhat pleasant asking about prior experiences and what your interest in the company is, and a few questions regarding handling situations at the company. During the in person interview, one immediately feels judged by appearance. The interviewer also "referred" to things I had never stated. I had to clarify a few times and state that I hadn't made that commentary (such as an issue with their scheduling, I had none). This is a sabotage tactic interviewers do use. The icing on the cake was the generic and passive aggressive rejection email. I was ecstatic when I received the rejection because it not only confirmed my initial instincts but I was saved from working for a company that is emotionally and financially underdeveloped.

Interview Questions

SeatGeek Response

Oct 26, 2016 – Director of Talent

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us. We strive to provide a great candidate experience, and we missed the mark here. We'll be regrouping with our interviewing team this week and... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek in August 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with a recruiter, then was assigned a coding challenge. Thought I did well on the coding challenge but was informed after submission that they did not want to move forward. Wish I would have gotten more feedback about why my code submission was not approved.

Interview Questions

• A coding challenge dealing with a problem related to adding potential tickets to an available ticket display system.   Answer Question