Second Cup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Second Cup Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I got pretty early, but I showed up at Second Cup 9:50am.
    The interview was arranged to 10am and it started at 10:15am ish.
    The manager was really nice, straight foward and professional.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Thornhill, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Went in person to drop off my resume. Got a call back quickly and promptly arranged for an interview. Very basic questions about my background such as education, work experience, future prospects... etc. Standard interview questions and questions about your enthusiasm for coffee. Very easy interview, just be on time and friendly. Interview attire is business casual.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tecumseh, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Cup (Tecumseh, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I sat down with owners, a husband and wife, and the atmosphere was super casual. They asked me how long I plan to be working with them, plans for the future, etc. They liked how I had Tim Hortons experience. There were no real direct interview questions, it was more of a conversation assessing my personality traits. Within a day or two, they offered me the job, and I began training within a few days.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview

My interview lasted 6 minutes, including 5 minutes waiting for the manager to finish serving a client. The store manager only asked me two questions : "Do you have barista experience?" and "Can you be here tomorrow morning at 7?"

Interview Questions

• Two questions: "Do you have barista experience?" and "Can you be here tomorrow morning at 7?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Second Cup.

Interview

applied in person. after about 2 weeks later they called you .

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Basic 1 on 1 interview about yourself and experience that you had and involvements. During regular store hours took about 20 minutes and was recruited right away with a starting shift when I was avaliable next

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Hired on the job simply due to location being understaffed, too much pressure exerted on employees to over-perform. Interview process was quick and concise, desperate for workers. I found that once I was employed, training process was pleasant for a very brief time and immediately transitioned into a very stressful and no work-life balancing by management.

Interview Questions

• What are your days of availability?   1 Answer

Cashier and Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Second Cup (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Interview took about 20 mins, basic questions about how to treat customers, owner was really cool. Asked me when I could start at the end of the interview and send me my hours by the next day.

Interview Questions

• If there is a long line up and you're serving a customer but notice that another guest down the line looks impatient and like they want to leave, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Individual and in french,management seemed friendly. It lasted about 5 to 7 minutes amd the questions were general. The manager saw me struggling to find words in french so she started talking to me in english and was patient when i started to stutter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Second Cup (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Started off with 'tell me about yourself' and went on being asked on how would you deal with upset or difficult customers and what is great customer service. The questions were fairly easy to prepare. The whole interview was very friendly. They're primarily looking for outgoing personalities so be prepare to smile a lot and speak in an excited tone.