Sectra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sectra

3.3

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sectra (Shelton, CT) in December 2018.

Interview

This was an in depth interview process. I had phone screens with 3 different people before being scheduled for two in-person interviews. After the in-person interviews, I was scheduled for a virtual presentation to the team. Following that, I was scheduled to meet with the CEO. Within a week of my conversation with the CEO, I received a job offer.

Throughout the process, they are very up front about the fact that no one is hired without full consensus from everyone you meet, including the CEO. This is an effort to maintain the culture of the organization.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Think of someone who knows you both professionally and personally. What 5 adjectives would they use to describe you? What would they say you need to improve?   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sectra in September 2013.

Interview

two phone interviews
    1 in person interview
    process can take over 1 month
    they want people to fit within their culture. They will ask you for grades if you recently finished/attended college. Knowing their company is a plus.

Interview Questions

• questions are logic based and are about their projects.
      ex. How large is a 3d image file of a heart over a span of 1 heart beat   Answer Question

Customer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sectra (Shelton, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview initially, then an onsite interview. You will be tested on technical and behavioral abilities. Interview went on for 4 hours. Offer was given in a weeks time.

Sales Interview

Interview

It was interesting and it took a really long time. It is strange that the CEO decides who gets an offer or not even if the rest of the team has interviewed and they all want the candidate

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linköping (Sweden)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sectra (Linköping (Sweden)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview was divided into several parts.

- First, 2-hour interview.
    - "Homework" programming exercise to determine the skills as a software developer. Not very difficult, but fun.
    - Second interview with 2 developers. They asked me many pre-defined questions testing my knowledge within different areas. These were quite basic, although I must admit I did not know all of them (which they don't expect you to).

Everything was really nice, and it really does seem like a company I could imagine working for. People are really nice and the work seems quite nice as a developer. I turned it down due to getting an offer about a position more of my interest (a completely different role I am more interested in).

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linköping (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sectra (Linköping (Sweden)).

Interview

Got called for a personal interview a few days after I sent my application. Two people interviewed me. One of them seemed informed about my profile but the other one had not read neither my CV nor my presentation letter. They said they would call to let me know if I would continue in the recruitment process ("of course we will call you, we are not a weird company") but I didn't hear from them again. Emailed and called them but no answer.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sectra.

Interview

I went to 3 different interviews during this process. After the second interview I got an offer, which I accepted, I only had an interview with the CEO before signing the contract.

The interview with the CEO was by far the weirdest interview I've ever been on. First, he arrived close to 10 min to late to the agreed appointment, which I thought was really weird. Then the questions was also strange, and had nothing to do with the position I had an offer for. The whole thing was over in less than 20 min.

A couple of days later, they called me to inform that they withdrew my offer because the CEO "said No" to me. No explanation to why, he just said no.

I find this very strange. I had an offer, we had agreed to salary, terms and conditions etc. But all crashed because a man, who I'm not going to work with didn't "like " me. Seems to me like he's micro managing, and has no confidence in his other managers to find the right staff for positions.

Hard to answer the "Did you get an offer" question on this one. I got an offer, I accepted, I just didn't get the job.....

Interview Questions

• Imagine you had a virus, like a computer virus, that attacked your brain and deleted all books you've ever read in you'r life. It doesn't delete the skills you've learned from the book, but it deletes everything else. You have time to save one book. Which would you save?   1 Answer