Security Benefit Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Security Benefit Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.4

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Security Benefit Group in April 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter. They asked me about my background and some behavior questions. After the interview I asked the recruiter to contact me even if I didn't get the job as I was contemplating other offers. They never got back to me.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Security Benefit Group (Topeka, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online. I heard back within two weeks about the position. After a couple of phone calls (which didn't include a screening or initial interview process whatsoever), I went for an onsite interview. It was very simple. My total time spent there was around 30 minutes or so. The questions were solely behavioral-based. Nothing about the position necessarily.

Junior Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Security Benefit Group.

Interview

On campus there was an information session with interviews the next day. The interview lasted 30-45 minutes and consisted of some behavioral questions as well as providing advice on whether or not to invest in a local business. They wanted you to choose one, value its revenue streams and cash flows as if it were a case interview and provide recommendation based on the value/margins of the business whether or not to invest with 10% equity.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Security Benefit Group (Topeka, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an on campus interview. Phone interview questions were very general and easy and conducted by an HR manager. The on campus interview was more in depth and was held with the same HR manager and two other managers.

Temporary Interview

Interview

The interviewer was kind and straightforward. They asked questions from a list and wrote down answers. The interview room was quiet and separate from the rest of the building. Questions aren't so much about you as a person but about you in their environment, which may be hard to answer because you can't really know their environment without having seen it.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Security Benefit Group (Topeka, KS) in October 2012.

Interview

Was kind of a miscommunication on someone's part. I talked to a recruiter on my college campus, gave them my resume and they had me fill out an online application. Even though the whole discussion with the recruiter was for Programming/Software Engineering, when they asked me in for an interview it ended up being for an Analyst position. When they found out I was interested in a programming role, they pretty much ended the interview on the spot, thanked me for my time etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Security Benefit Group in August 2012.

Interview

2 interviews and 1 test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set offer.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Security Benefit Group (Topeka, KS) in May 2011.

Interview

I met with a HR representative who asked very standard behavioral questions, I met with a more technical manager who asked pretty standard questions about my technical background and experience, and then I met also with the CIO who asked me some more questions about my experience. Everyone was very polite and wanted to share information about the company with me.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the future of mobile development (such as with iPhone, iPad)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer, and I asked for a week to consider it since I had other offers on the table at the time. I was given a week, but begrudgingly so. I didn't negotiate salary.

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

I received a phone call from HR, and was noticed to have phone interview with SB. It's was my first interview, I didn't prepare very well.3 interviewers were so nice to me over the phone. I think I was overqualified on that position, unfortunately I didn't get offer from them.

Digital Print Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Security Benefit Group (Topeka, KS) in May 2010.

Interview

One on one interview with HR department, then a one on one with the print department's hiring manager. Tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? (Due to the fact that this was just a job to pay the bills while I look for something more related to my degree)   Answer Question