Seismic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Seismic

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Interview

I had a 1 hour long call with a hiring manager, then a 4 hour in person loop, then a 4 hour take home coding challenge. Everyone was well spoken, the questions were not overly algorithms based but more open problem solving. The in person loop had some whiteboarding, system design, and problem solving but no code writing. The take home challenge was a reasonable but difficult problem to be solved in the language / framework of your choosing.

Interview Questions

• Describe and whiteboard one of the more complicated projects you've worked on   Answer Question
    • A system design question and a problem solving question   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seismic.

Interview

Phone screen with HR followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next were
    onsite interviews with four individuals in the team and a phone call with the director of the team.

Interview Questions

• What makes you excited about Seismic?   1 Answer

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview 3 weeks later with talent acquisition and couple days later I got called for an onsite interview. Met with 5 people from the team including my future manger and the director. They were all very open and gave a lot of insights on this open position. Unlike most of the job interviews that made you wait for couple weeks to get back to you on any status update, I found the entire process being very smooth here, they reached back to me in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past experience and how would I be able to bring past experience to this job.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seismic (San Diego, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

One week after giving them my resume at a college career fair, I received an onsite interview invitation email. The onsite interview was quite good, they provided pizza and drinks, then gave us 1 hour and a half to finish the coding challenge. After the challenge, we individually presented our code to an interviewer and answered a few questions. After a week I was notified that I got the position. The total time was about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Simulate two players playing the poker game "War", can use any language you want   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Seismic (Del Mar, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I first approached the company at a university career fair. A week or two later, I received an email for an on campus Hackathon that was to take place a couple weeks after the email. We were first given a pizza dinner, then an hr and half to do a coding project, then a 10 min interview with an engineer about our approach.

Vice President Revenue Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Seismic (Boston, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview consisted of several phone calls and face to face meetings. Due to the seniority of the role I was also asked to put together a business plan as well as a portfolio of accomplishments

Interview Questions

• What are some KPIs you use to assess your team's performance   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seismic (San Diego, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was done remotely (as I was moving to San Diego pending an offer), and I was able to speak to my direct manager, a team member, and a leader from the technical staff that I would be hiring for.

The initial step was a phone call with the hiring manager, which went very well. The next day, I was asked to interview with a recruiter from the Chicago office; these phone interviews were both about 45 minutes in length. After these interviews, I spoke with a technical leader, who would be one of the primary hiring managers for the role.

About two days later, I received a call back with an offer two start in two weeks! The process was very efficient, and I always knew where I stood.

Revenue Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seismic (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days set up a phone screen with the recruiter who was very nice and professional. I got a lot of honest feedback about the company and the role and was quickly asked to set up a call with my future manager. From there the team decided they would forgo the call and would rather me just come interview in person. I have four 1v1 interviews with my future teammates and everyone was very friendly and helpful. The in person interview was on a friday and I had an offer by Monday. The interview process was very smooth and the recruiter helped me through every step.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about your last job if you could make the perfect list of tasks?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized?   Answer Question
    • Explain what your day to day is like at your current position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seismic.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, followed by a interview with my future manager. Final round included interviews with future team and other relevant directors of the company. The process focused on how well I fit with the culture and vision of the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our product and sales enablement?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seismic (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

The first call with the recruiter was great. She was very open and honest about the company and the position. She really seemed to know a lot about the job and position, compared to other recruiters I have dealt with. I then spoke to a manager who was very friendly, knowledgable, and an active listener. The third person did not seem like they were even listening to my speak. She was 10 minutes late to the call, and had to leave 5 minutes before the call was supposed to end. I felt as though she was doing other work while I was speaking, not very engaged. I was not shocked when I did not move onto the next round. Felt as though my application was not taken seriously.