Select International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Select International

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Select International (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Instructions were sent ahead of time, to conduct analyses, create a report and presentation. Once onsite, there were several interviews and a presentation. Sine it was an all day interview, they also took me to lunch at a local sushi buffet. The interviewers were all very polite and professional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Select International (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Lengthy online application - with behavioral questions and some basic tests and modules to test if you can follow instructions

Phone screen - behavioral questions, experience questions, non - technical

On site interview - four interviews with different teams, mostly behavioral, some technical questions that test your knowledge of what you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Imagine I'm a customer calling you and telling you that your website isn't working, how would you resolve the situation, you may ask any questions you like   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Select International (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The process took about six weeks from when the application was submitted until a job offer was made. They required an online assessment, a phone interview with a Consulting Associate, and a phone interview with the Director of Consulting. After the phone interview with the Director, I was invited to fly in for an in-person interview and partake in the Consultant Exercise. The in-person interviews were a little challenging given they were primarily not your "typical" behavior-based interview questions. I guess this is to be expected though when you're interviewing for a position within I/O Psychology.

For the consultant exercise, I was given information about a potential client scenario and had to provide a write-up and do a presentation in front of a few people acting as clients. There was a Q&A with the "clients" that followed.

Was made an offer, but ultimately declined because I had received a better offer at a company that I felt was a better fit for me.

Interview Questions

• They had some forced-choice interview questions where they asked me to choose my preference between two options. These options were not really polar opposites so I was asked which option I preferred more and to explain why. Not your typical behavior-based interview questions, but there were those as well.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Select International in April 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was a phone screen to determine if I met the basic requirements. Afterwards, I completed an online assessment which was specific to sales. It included cognitive and personality items. After passing the assessment, I participated in a phone interview with the Sales manager a company executive. Finally, I met with multiple executives for in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced an obstacle to achieving your goal. What did you do to overcome?   Answer Question