SelectQuote Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SelectQuote (Denver, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

two stage interview process with direct supervisor and general manager of the area. background check after being offered the position. for this position specifically, my supervisor is out of KC so we did a phone screen, an in office skype interview, and then an in person interview. dress business professional

Interview Questions

• a big question is about emotional stability   1 Answer

Apr 18, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

We are delighted to hear that you had a positive interview experience and that you accepted the job offer. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best here at SelectQuote!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SelectQuote (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

3 step interview process. Takes about 2 months to get hired. It stats with phone screen, then a group interview with 2 managers and finally the VP or president.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to be a successful inside sales representative.   Answer Question

Jun 1, 2017 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our recruiting and hiring process is a very rigorous and dynamic one and it might not be the right fit for everyone. Our best wishes go out to you.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SelectQuote in August 2009.

Interview

It's an intense interview process. They are looking for closers. You will be interviewed multiple times by multiple people.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of their questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SelectQuote (San Diego, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The beginning of the interview consisted of listening to a
    Live call with one of the top producers. I listened to
    the gentleman complete an auto and home policy (comparison to current insirance company) for the entire family.

The second half consistedof the interviewer/Sr. Sales
    Agent pitching me on the pay, culture and comparison to Geico.
    During his pitch, he used profanity, disclosed that champagne is consumed
    To "celebrate met goals"

The pay is $8.00/hr plus commission, professionalism.

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SelectQuote (Leawood, KS) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process is easy. Nothing hard, standard common sense questions. You will be asked to come in twice. They like friendly, energetic people. Be prepared to talk about the sales cycle and how you manage your time during the day

Interview Questions

• How do you achieve your sales goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SelectQuote (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Quite possible one of the wierdest interviews I have been to, and possibly the most bizzare 2 hour experience of my Life. After posting my resume online I was contacted by a recruiter at SelectQuote who told me my extensive insurance background was exactly what they were looking for and that a hiring manager would be in contact. Shortly afterwards I got a call from one of the managers we talked for all of 2 minutes mostly about his recent vacation he concluded our conversation by telling me I had "passed" the phone test, whatever that meant, and that he'd schedule me in for a face to face interview...one week later and Im walking into the interview, aside from that bizzare 2 minute chat, all seemed well. I walk into the interview and there are 4 of the hiring managers, strangely they were all scattered around the room. One of the managers sat almost behind me, the other to my right, the other to my left and one directly in front of me. Almost as if I was being cross examined in a law and order court room and the way the interview proceeded certainly was very much the case. One would ask a question, while the other would object to the way I had answered the question just to see if I was "coachable". Then all of a sudden a 5th manager just strolls in 45 minutes into the interview, barely introduces himself and proceeds to ask me the same questions the other 4 had asked me, then one of them says "great! Lets see if his answers are different this time"...odd. You'd think I was being interviewed for a position with the KGB not life insurance sales in a call center. The interview ended with them saying I got the job pending final approval from the CEO. I never got a call back. I did get a brief tour of the office, not exactly racially/gender diverse, probably 95% caucasian male and I got the feeling they wanted to keep it that way.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you got the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SelectQuote (Leawood, KS).

Interview

One interview and basically was offered the job. The jacket fit so to speak. The process was misleading. What they don't tell yiu is 1. The job is hourly and 2. Is only august to Dec during medicare op en enrollment. Correction when they send you the 8 page contract to sign it's made perfectly clear.

Please see above. Very misleading process, steer clear

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SelectQuote (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The first round is on the telephone. Then, they bring you int to meet with three of the sales managers at one time, which can be a bit overwhelming if you're not poised enough. If you make it past that round, you then meet with the National Sales Manager, the owner, and then you meet the owner's wife.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SelectQuote (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The supervisor referred me to apply for the position and then have an interview with the Case Specialist Manager and Sales Manager. After interviews were done, was promoted to my current position (Case Specialist).

Interview Questions

SelectQuote Response

Apr 28, 2017 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for sharing this with us. We are glad to hear about your long tenure here at SelectQuote. We wish you all the best and many more years with our company!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SelectQuote (Overland Park, KS) in March 2018.

Interview

I had a 30-minute phone interview. Followed a few days later by my first in-person interview. About a week later I heard back to schedule a second in-person interview.

All the interviews seemed to go very well and I had the necessary experience and then some. Was told that I'd have an answer about the position in a week's time. Seemed long but I'm several others had to interview.

That week passed so I reached out for an update. Was told I would hear something by the end of the business week.

Reached out right at the end of the week and got no response.

I'm fine not being hired, and understand it's a process, but it would be nice if recruiters kept their word and/or were capable of delivering bad news.

Interview Questions

SelectQuote Response

Apr 18, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

We are very sorry for the negative experience. Clearly, we should have provided you with better communication. Please know that we value your feedback and will include this as we continue to make... More