KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

SelectQuote Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 177 of over 177 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

SelectQuote

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SelectQuote

Interview

First an email setting up time for an interview. Then an initial interview via Zoom call. After that I received a verbal offer where I then needed to do a background check. After background check a final offer was given.

Interview Questions
  • Background information and experience. Tell me about yourself.
    Answer Question

SelectQuote

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SelectQuote

Interview

The bad news bears of a marketing team. After 6 interviews in the process of a month. A male director clearly was just looking to hire females he could order around. Do not work at this pathetic organization. Threatened by talented individuals. Clearly overworked staffed.

SelectQuote

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SelectQuote

Interview

Horrible follow up. The numbers they call from are flagged as malicious. When you do follow up with them they never answer your calls. I had to follow up via email and the only way they respond is is there a better time you can interview tomorrow? I always respond back immediately and you never get a response back. Absolutely terrible recruiting staff. And to think that these are the “professionals” staff business. Absolutely horrible.

SelectQuote

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SelectQuote in Jun 2022

Interview

quick, easy, online-The woman I spoke with asked me about my capability to work remotely and then proceeded to ask very generic interview questions. The entire process took around twenty minutes via telephone.

Interview Questions
  • do you have previous sales experience

SelectQuote

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SelectQuote in May 2022

Interview

Received initial call. Very fast, robotic - almost didn't move forward based on initial interaction. Next was call was from recruiter - very helpful and very different than initial interaction. Third interview is video call with manager.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond if someone said they needed to speak with their spouse before moving forward?

SelectQuote

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SelectQuote

Interview

The first was a screening call. The lady was nice, answered all questions I had except for a couple which then were answered on my 2nd interview with the manager. Both were nice . I missed the first appt due to the manager having technical difficulties with the internet so we rescheduled . The interview was informative. Must pay upfront for the classes to get the license . Then they pay you back . Will provide you two monitors for your stay at home set up .

Interview Questions
  • If your client says I need to talk to my other half before making a decision . What would you do next ?

SelectQuote

Application

I interviewed at SelectQuote

Interview

First meet with hiring recruiterwho goes over job bonus and pay. Talks about the company history and schedule and training then video interview. Pretty straight forward question and short role-play about sales rebuttals.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SelectQuote (Bismarck, ND) in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview went great. Interviewed with two managers, built great rapport and had great data related conversations. The interview was a Q&A session and I did well. The problem wasn't the actual interview, it was what I experienced after and during recruiting. They filled the role with a Jr Developer obviously to save money. Perhaps the developer was younger so I feel age discrimination came into play as well. Ghosted by the recruiter and after seeing the reviews in regards to pay, I'm quite convinced some form of discrimination took place.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between a "Clustered Index" and a "Primary Key"
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SelectQuote (Robbinsville, NJ) in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview was friendly, asked good personal questions about employment history, job preferences, and provided all I needed to know about the roles that were open to hire. There are many good carriers to get appointed with, good benefits, and it is work from home for those of us in TX.

Interview Questions
  • Unusual question was something like "Would you like to do life insurance 6 months and Medicare sales 6 months as a hybrid agent?" There is a hybrid job role they are hiring for, as well as a year-round Medicare role. "How do you overcome objections to enrolling?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SelectQuote (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2022

Interview

I applied on Indeed and got a call and email asking me to schedule a 5-10 minute phone screening which I did. The call was rattled off questions (no actual conversation). All of the answers could be found on my resume. This was a sales position. I left my last sales position in 2019, which was clearly reflected on my resume. The interviewer, Shannon, asked me about my last 6 months of sales experience in the last 3 years. Well, it is 2022 and I did not have a full 6 months in the last 3 years. I do however have 15 years of high pressure sales experience including commission only. This detail disqualified me from the position. The interviewer then informed me they would be posting rolls they were less particular about and I should keep an eye for those. Honestly, no longer interested in the company. In this market the lack of attention to the resume and the curt nature of the screener and being disqualified with so much experience just didn't reflect well for me.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any sales experience of at least 6 months in the last 3 years? Do you live in one of the states they allow remote work in and plan to stay there? Tell me what you are looking for in your next role.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SelectQuote (Indianapolis, IN)

Interview

An over the phone interview followed by a remote interview with the recruiter and a manager. Really nothing too challenging here just be open and honest when answering questions. Its really not an intense process at all.

Interview Questions
  • How comfortable you are speaking on the phone, how well you handle pressure and questions about time management.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 177 Interviews

SelectQuote Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at SelectQuote as 70.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.21 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Insurance Agent and Senior Sales Agent rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Insurance Sales Agent and Sales roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at SelectQuote takes an average of 13 days when considering 178 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Sales Agent had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Sales Agent roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at SelectQuote according to 178 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 25.47%