SelectQuote Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Tim Danker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Senior sales agents have seem to have lost faith it what once was great place to work" (in 14 reviews)

• "Commission structures are confusing and constantly changing just to benefit upper management" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I asked my friend who works here how they treated him before I started."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had been lied to by prospective employers so this was important.
    His response was that they were absolutely fair about what they expected and what they paid. I wanted an opportunity to work in a professional position. I wanted that opportunity to have or eventually have the option to work from home. I am money motivated, so is my company. I like working in a fast paced and changing environment with other professionals and experts. I liked the intense training and meeting the expectations that went with it. So far my experience at SelectQuote has been well above what I expected when I started.

Cons

They offer too much free food. I gained 15 lbs after I started. I know I don't HAVE to eat the delicious and caloric food but...
    Seriously, that's what I can come up with.

Advice to Management

I like the recent moves the company has been making to take care of us. Keep up the drive for us to make healthy choices in every aspect of our lives and encouraging us to act the part of good citizens and ambassadors. We look to you for leadership. Continue to be worthy of that role.

Apr 27, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

We are happy to hear that your experience with us has so far been well above what you expected when you started. Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts and for noting our continued efforts. We... More

2. "pays well! super fun environment!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent/Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Agent/Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been searching for a good work environment for forever and I finally found it! I have never regretted a day here and I look forward to every day. Not to mention they feed us a lot and the managers are like friends and my coworkers are awesome hard working individuals. We work hard and play hard

Cons

none! good company values for sure

Advice to Management

keep it up!

3. "The last stop for employment"

Current Employee - Health Product Advisor in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Health Product Advisor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family feel. Most people at the company know who you are and they don't hesitate to have a conversation with you. It's hard to get 100% of employees to be that welcoming but SelectQuote has come close.

Cons

Not much to say in the way of cons that doesn't pertain to every company out there. SelectQuote does an excellent job of fixing any mistakes that they make. They really do a great job of taking care of their employees first because they realize that this is the best way to make sure that your customers are being taken care of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep getting employee feedback. Hopefully everyone is honest.

4. "Employee review"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My department offers coaching when u think you need it to do your job better. The pay is good with bonuses each month! And coworkers and everybody is friendly

Cons

There are no cons working here

Aug 17, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

We are delighted to hear of your positive experience. Thank you for taking a moment to recognize the coaching and incentives that we provide, and the friendliness of our employees. We truly... More

5. "Great place for opportunity"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter (Hybrid) in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter (Hybrid) in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is welcoming and available to help. The environment is light and fun, while providing a motivating environment that makes hard work enjoyable.

Cons

Very little to complain about. Recruiting office gets loud being right under the stairs!

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to the employees. Maintaining the culture that has been built to the point should continue.

Aug 9, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your pleasant feedback. We appreciate your acknowledging the positive attitude and energy that our employees exemplify and exude. We are truly fortunate to have such amazing people in... More

6. "Insurance Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A ton of potential. Great immediate management. Wonderful people and great working environment. Amazing place to get experience selling insurance. I think overall we are treated very well.

Cons

Confusing pay and unnecessary roadblocks. It would have been a 4-5 star review not too long ago. Morale has been pretty low lately. They are becoming more corporate which explains some of the changes. You could do a lot worse than this company and then again you could also possibly do a whole lot better. It’s a frustrating place for employees with drive because of some of the decisions being made seem to keep you from doing as well as you know that you are capable of. I feel somewhat stuck in my current position. There definitely seems to be a ceiling here even though they tell you there is not.

"If you want to make money this is the place to do it"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great comp potential for hardworking Sales professionals

Cons

management comp can be limited but sales agent comp the sky is the limit

Jul 24, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

We agree that there is an unlimited earning potential for those who do well in sales. Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us and for giving us 5 stars. We appreciate you and... More

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at SelectQuote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A rated carriers to represent

Cons

Not enough quality leads for all agents

Aug 1, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive comment about the carriers we represent. We wish you all the best in your current and future endeavors.

9. "Failing systems and leads are scarce and unpredictable"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at SelectQuote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice coworkers and not much micromanagement . Nobody has to work on Sunday. Occasional contests for small rewards to salespeople.

Cons

Company lead management system is a broken piece of garbage. Some days the data is there, the next it's gone. Calls drop and freeze at will. Agents ask to report tech issues to it, but they never really get fixed. Best answer is refresh or log off and on over and over throughout the day. Leads are tiered according to sales ability of agent supposedly . Some leads are, others are not. More days than not it's all just a crap shoot. Company keeps piling on more things for the agents to sell, that the customers don't want and don't make the agents any additional money. They are getting ready to sell this company off and are hiring like crazy to look good to investors. Problem is , more agents are quitting faster than they can replace them. Let's fix what's broken here first people.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to speak to sales people about the problems they face daily without threatening to write them for sounding negative. Doesn't match the open door policy they claim to have.

"Definitey a Hard Non-Stop Boiler Room"

Current Employee - Mediare Enrollment in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Mediare Enrollment in Centennial, CO

I have been working at SelectQuote (Less than a year)

Pros

None, unless you like being belittled by overworked, stressed out, bottom line only matters, Centennial and Kansas City Visiting Trainers. Except for Ted, he was real and compassionate. Hope he does well in his future at Select Quote or wherever he chooses to be.

Cons

See above Pros. What happened to more updated Reviews from 2018 on Glassdoor? A lot of them were negative. No longer posted.

Advice to Management

Let Interviewees know the real day to day environment before hiring and
    wasting borrowed Capital, which appears to be a 'put it all on red' personal equity loan to Executives, to establish second Call Center in Centennial.

Aug 20, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your kind words about Ted. Still, we are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. We have shared your comments with the rest of... More