SelectQuote Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Tim Danker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Some position allow you to work from home (in 8 reviews)

• Would recommend SelectQuote to anyone looking for a great work environment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • There seems to consistently be changes in the compensation plan that makes it harder to make more money than the year before (in 9 reviews)

• Senior sales agents have seem to have lost faith it what once was great place to work (in 13 reviews)

1. "On the Rise!!!!!"

Current Employee - Medicare Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Medicare Sales Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

The people you work with are great. Everyone is helpful and cares about everyone else's success. Income would be the second thing. Even the worst sales agents can make extremely decent money year over year. They are adding more to the product line giving us more opportunities to sale and in turn make more money. The company is growing. Especially in Denver so if you're looking for career advancement opportunities this would be a good time to start. Training was awesome. Even though I sold for many years prior to this I knew nothing about Medicare. They really turn you into experts. Many new people where rank in the top 10 of the company. You are selling things people actually need.

Cons

The office is growing so there has been quite a few changes recently. Since they added new products the comp plan recently changed too, but so far it looks like a positive change. I trained through AEP so the hours are long during the week, especially the last few weeks. A lot of competition during AEP.

Advice to Management

Hire people with more sales experience. No matter what anyone says, this is a high pressure sales job. You're income depends on closing. Stop taking chances base on potential and higher more off experience.

Jan 12, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

We appreciate your taking a moment to give us a 5-star review! Thank you for pointing out what you like about working here and what you think we can do better. We are glad that you are part of... More

2. "Great New Office"

I worked at SelectQuote full-time

Pros

The new office was beautiful

Cons

Supervisor micromanaged and work was very repetitive

Jan 12, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your feedback and for complimenting our new office. We wish you all the best in your current and future endeavors.

3. "I.T."

Current Employee - Help Desk in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Help Desk in Centennial, CO

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working with the people and my manager let's me learn while going to school. I know I have a job to do every day I go into work.

Cons

On the I.T. side it can be a little slow with tickets.
    Long hours during AEP.

Advice to Management

Encourage all the I.T. departments to work together. I like the direction the department has been going in the last few months.

Jan 10, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

We appreciate that you took a moment to share your positive experience with us. We are happy to hear that you love working with the staff and your manager. Thank you so much for your feedback and we... More

4. "Not Bad"

Pros

They bring in food for all the employees... often.

Cons

The pay could have been higher.

Jan 18, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your feedback and kind recommendation. We wish you the best in all your endeavors.

"Company Review"

I worked at SelectQuote full-time

Pros

SelectQuote was started by highly ethical, hard working people that promoted a very collaborative and supportive culture

Cons

Many of those people that built the company are no longer there

Advice to Management

Go back to your roots of collaboration and communication

Dec 20, 2017 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for sharing your sentiments. We do value collaboration and communication and we understand that these are key for a company to continue to thrive. Thanks again, and our best wishes to you.

6. "Amazing Career and atmosphere"

Current Employee - Core-Senior in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Core-Senior in Centennial, CO

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here. You definitely have to grind and put in hard work like any job but you are definitely rewarded for the amount of effort you put in.

Cons

There really isn't any. You have to work and it seems like a lot of people show up for a hand out and then get upset when there isn't any.

Advice to Management

We have an amazing manager! Ted truly cares for us and will do everything possible to help us succeed!

Dec 19, 2017 – Customer Care Manager

We very much appreciate your taking a moment to share your positive experience with us and your complimentary remarks about your manager. We are happy to hear that you love working here. Thank you... More

"Undergoing major change"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SelectQuote full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable Company who shops competitive insurance rates for their customers. They have three divisions, Life Insurance, Home and Auto, and Senior to help with all your insurance needs.

Cons

Went from being a large family business to upper management forgetting about the people that made the business. It’s employees.

Advice to Management

Cheaper is not always better.

Dec 20, 2017 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We recognize that the very backbone of a successful company are its employees. We wish you all the best in your current and future endeavors.

8. "Work hard, play hard"

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Leawood, KS
    Current Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Leawood, KS

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company-provided leads. *Min avg 65k, uncapped commission.

Cons

Sometimes lead-flow can be slow but we keep trucking as a team.

Advice to Management

Rotatating Tier levels may be advantageous to see full potential of agents throughout the year.

Dec 15, 2017 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for your 5-star review. We are truly appreciative and grateful that you took a moment to share your positive thoughts. We wish you all the best here at SelectQuote!

"Insurance Broker"

Former Employee - Insurance Broker in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Insurance Broker in Centennial, CO

I worked at SelectQuote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got at least a paycheck every 2 weeks, though it was typically wrong.

Cons

Where do I begin...... RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN.... I was incredibly excited to start this new career at select quote with all of the lies they told me during the interview process. They will show you a lamented sheet with all the "money" you're suppose to be making on "average" which ended up being a complete lie!!!! During the training period you will have to cram to pass test and such which wasn't an issue, but your paycheck is based off of how you perform. They will tell you that if you perform great on test you'll get a certain pay out based on a tiering system that they have, but little do you know, only about 6-7 people will ever hit the $1400 bonus on their check. Almost every person I spoke with said they couldn't pay their rent during this process which I've actually never heard of before. They give you $9.00 an hour and change which in Denver is an absolute joke!!! Annnnd your going to be on a higher pay scale (taxes), so good luck on sustaining your independence. Trainers are the absolute worst except for Ted. Ted's (Teds the dude) the only person that knows whats going half the time with with no support he was run thin (which was absolutely understandable). Completely unprofessional environment in regards to checks being constantly incorrect, sales not being counted in the system, favoritism to people that hung out with managers, constant changes in the sales compensation!!!! I left a good paying job for this nightmare and i'm still recovering. I still haven't even gotten my last check with my PTO. I started with a class of 100 and at the end only 48 people remained until the end (December 7th). Afterwards about 15 more left, and never looked back I was one of them. DON'T BE FOOLED!!!! They will make it seem like you'll make so much money, but they totally screwed us. Don't believe me? Just ask ANYONE STILL THERE!!!! I've cried myself to sleep with all of the debt I have now from being in the negative for so long. Now I can speak about the required hours.... they will expect at least 10 plus hours a day from you and work every single day Monday through Sunday. You heard me right, EVERY SINGLE DAY and your paycheck for a single person with no dependents can expect to make after taxes around $600. Oh that doesn't add up? Yeah I know!!! Try to fight it, I dare you! lol. I have no idea of how any of this was even legal??? Oh, and the class before us started with 30 people and now maybe 7 are there, so you beware. If I would have read a comment like this before I started I wouldn't be in this situation now. Please please choose another place of employment. Good luck! Oh btw don't trust the comments, they told us in TRAINING to sign and write reviews, so that's that lol.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to get people in the door only to change everything when they're actually hired. People need to be paid more than $9.00 and change in DENVER FREAKING COLORADO. This isn't Kansas, people cannot afford to work at this ripoff company. Frankly, if a class action lawsuit takes place I will be the first in line to tell my story.

Jan 11, 2018 – Customer Care Manager

We are sorry that you did not have a positive employment experience with us. Our sales environment is a​ highly competitive and dynamic one, and we are always upfront about this. Although we ​do... More

10. "Sales"

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time

Pros

Excellent insurance and 401k. They work with you if you are ill and there are allowances made to accommodate if reasonable and necessary. I've seen this multiple times. Pretty fair with promotions and opportunities to make a name for yourself. Most earning potential of anywhere I've ever worked. Great culture. Most of the sales team and managers are kind and sincere people. If you have to spend half of your life somewhere, spend it here with these people. As a female, it is encouraging to see so many women in management (two sales managers, the QA manager, and a training manager, just in one division).

Cons

Long hours (seasonal) and high stress situations at times: your guidance can be a life changing experience for clients. The quality of leads is leaving a lot to be desired. If the company direction is to push a supplement product, it seems strange that so much marketing is being done for other products instead.

Advice to Management

One of the things that has set selectquote apart from competitors is our customer care team. Every sales agent asked has been upset about the customer care department. We may be going down the wrong path by stream lining that process. Our customers are NOT happy with the changes and we will be stuck with mostly new and inexperienced customer care agents in the new year which will only slow down the sales agents when they should be focused on sales. Customer service is a work while investment for the company, and lack of adequate staff with experience and financial incentives to stick around could be our greatest downfall. We need excellent customer service. If we want to attract and keep the kind of clients that buy supplements and end up cross purchasing life or home insurance we have got to get the customer care team in order. Support and reward those that have stayed and don't force them into other positions to which they are ill suited. We need this team year round.

Dec 4, 2017 – Customer Care Manager

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your experience. We appreciate your letting us know what you like about working here and also what you think can be improved on. Please know that your... More