Selfridges Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lot to be said about this process I needed to get ready and talk to a bunch of high heads to get this position but it was worth it

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Selfridges.

Interview

A joke.
    Hands down selfridges and burberry are the worst companies I have interviewed with.
    Applied online, received a call from an unknown number with no voicemail or email received. I connected the dots that it was selfridges and after much effort was put in touch with HR. They organised a quick telephone interview. The email they sent had the wrong details on it. Sigh. They called 10mins late with no apology and pretty much asked me to sell myself without talking about the role or company or letting me ask questions. Just assuming I loved them.
    We organised an in person interview which they cancelled on the day with same awful lie. I was THIS close to calling them out on it and saying - at least have the decency to tell me the truth. Almost 2 weeks later they call to reschedule (I was shocked). I was 50/50 about whether they would cancel that too. The interview was with the hiring manager. She was fine. Honestly I thought the interview went really well and she gave so many positive signs.
    She asked if I would be free the following week for a final interview. I said yes.
    I never heard from them again. I emailed twice.
    Then over 1 month later I receive a rejection email.
    Nice enough for them to at least give a definitive answer but the whole thing was just crazy. I would never apply to them again.

The fact HR calls from an unknown number without telling you in advance, they don’t leave voicemails or email to say they called. The fact you can’t call them back.
    The fact they cancelled an interview on the day without even concocting a believable lie.

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Challenging excel Test and then 2 man interview with the heads if the department. Was able to take a calculator in to the excel test if needed. Basic interview questions. Seemed to like it if you knew about the company and its history, strengths and weaknesses.

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview was an hour long, the first 30 mins was an excel test which made you think but was not ridiculously hard followed by a 30 min 1 too 1 chat which was very relaxed. The interviewer was very polite and would try to push you in the right direction if you had said something applicable earlier.

My only issue was that I emailed the HR lady who set up the interview asking what the maths test in interview confirmation email would consist off, she said it would be a pen and paper-based test where I could use a calculator. As I said it was actually an excel test to see your skills with formulas which although was do-able I was not as confident as I could have been. I was also not informed the role will be for there food sector but perhaps could have asked myself.

Only been a few days but was told a member of HR team would at least give feedback which is always helpfull.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences with computer systems and how confident learning to use them?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Really positive, extremely well communicated with throughout, great feedback and enjoyed the process. I was approached directly by the recruiter who was extremely professional. I was told from the beginning the process would be long and I would need to meet a few people. I was well prepared by the recruiter and I felt confident when I met the line managers. I was encouraged to visit the store, talk to team members for feedback. I really enjoyed meeting Snr leaders and the insights I got from the business were invaluable.

Interview Questions

• Values questions were great, gave me a really good insight into what matters and the culture of the business.   Answer Question

Head Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Was what you would expect from a corporate company. It was with someone from HR and my line manager. My manager was pleasant, HR just took notes. It wasn't scary at all, they didn't ask any hard questions, I just talked through my past experience and why I want the job.

Interview Questions

• All the corporate questions, you can probably google it   Answer Question
    • Name a time in previous employment when you problem solved   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and heard back within two weeks.

I got an emailing saying if I was available for a phone interview that day.
    The interviewer was about 45 mins late in calling- which I thought was boarder line inappropriate, but we all get caught up in things.

The moment I answered the phone I knew it wasn't going to go well. It was a Friday afternoon and she was talking really quickly and didn't even let me finish my responses. She clearly did not want to be on the phone (with me) or listen to anything I had to say from the very start. Pretty unprofessional considering it was a great opportunity. This individual makes me think differently about this company. The interview was over before it even began. Why did she even bother talking to me?!

She said she would get back to me the following week- no response.
    Heard back three weeks later- rejected.

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Phone screening interview with HR Resourcing Consultant, first interview with hiring manager and HR.
    The hiring manager did not attend the interview due to a personal emergency, although did not inform the HR lady prior to the interview starting.
    Waited 5 weeks to receive any feedback from HR following the first interview, and that only after I chased her twice. This is totally unprofessional and not the standard I would expect from Selfridges.
    Finally arranged an interview with the hiring manager and HR. The hiring manager seemed quite inexperienced at conducting interviews - he did not greet me with a handshake, made no apology for not attending the previous interview and barely asked me any questions.
    Overall, I was not impressed with the interview process - it is not reasonable to keep candidates waiting 5 weeks for feedback after an interview.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Just a brief conversation with the manager about past experiences and skills you have obtained through out the years. They are very lenient with the whole process. It was very simple and they guide you towards the right answers. It’s only retail so they aren’t demanding too much of you. Just relax and go in with a confident attitude and friendly demeanor.

Recruitment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

The process was simple and fairly quick. I had a telephone interview and then invited in for an initial fairly informal meeting. I then came back the following week to go through some more structured interview questions and an activity based around the role.

Interview Questions

• n/a most questions were fairly standard interview questions.   Answer Question