SembCorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SembCorp Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

Clerk Interview

Interview

I was approached via Upwork to interview for a position that was listed as a remote erasure clerk for 1-3 hours a week. I wasnt sure what the position entailed but they had my resume so I decided to go for it. The interview took place over Google Hangouts which seemed weird but okay. They would send you a sentence or two and you would have to respond "ok" or "yes" after each one. They gave me the mission statement, an about them, and a few other things from the website. They then linked me to the website and told me to look it over.

They then gave me a list of positions that they had available and asked which ones I qualified for. This is where things got weird to me. I said I wanted to know about whatever it was that they approached me for. They said okay, and then asked me to pick a position above. I again asked which position I was approached about and told them that I had a full time job and was only looking for part time work, as listed on the Upwork page. They told me that "the job lies around Data Entry or Editing Clerk". I then asked for a description of the job to which they said "they believed I would get that information further in the interview". At this point I was getting a bit snippy so I asked for it again. They finally told me it was a full time position and gave me all of the information about the pay, benefits, hours, and some tasks that would be done. Still no actual description of the position.

When I said (for the second time) that I could not do a full time position, they said "We are sorry we believe this won't be able to work out for the company. Bye and have a great day ".

What a waste of an hour of my time. They took FOREVER to respond to anything. They did not ask any questions or give me any of the information that I was requesting. If they had started the Upwork ad with the hours, I never would have taken the interview. Very disappointed and frustrated that a 5-10 minute conversation took over an hour.

Interview Questions

• They literally only asked me my name, phone number, age, location, and what position I wanted   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SembCorp (Greater Noida (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

campus recruitment: one round and it was through telephone. there were two panellists. one was HR and other was the senior risk analyst. it continued for 25 minutes and after 2 days told me that they have not selected me for the job. it was a very good experience and helped me to prepare myself for the other big companies. i expect my reviews will help others. the company is very good and they basically searching for someone who has good understanding in finance and stat.

Interview Questions

• 1. introduce yourself
      2. what are your hobbies?
      3. as i told i am a chess player so they asked how many squares are there in a chess board?
      4. what is factor analysis? difference between factor and discriminant analysis?
      5. difference between regression and factor analysis?
      6. what would be the debt equity ratio for a company? if i increase/decrease the debt amount what effect will be there?
      7. what are the use of money which are raised through debt or equity?
      8. can we use money from equity for working capital requirement?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SembCorp.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took about 2+ weeks. I was interviewed at SembCorp (Singapore) in August 2015 and there is only 1 round of interview with the HR and 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Was also asked about past intern experiences   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SembCorp (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

One main interview with hiring manager and HR representative is the norm for interviewing for the job. Unlikely to have a second interview with the hiring manager. Once this is done, the process is handled by HR, which can be slow if they have other priorities, and very urgent if they need you.

Negotiation

They tried hard to keep the monthly pay down, and I had to use my other job offer to force them to match. They would not even give me a premium over the other offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SembCorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very structured and systematic.
    We had a board of 5 directors interviewing and they were very easy to talk to and were quite funny.
    It was a 20 min interview which went by quite smooth.

Interview Questions

• 1) why did u choose sembcorp
      2) what is the business about?
      3) where do u see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Executive/Assist Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SembCorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was only 1 round, it was held by the director(s) together with HR manager. The whole interview took about 1 hour.
    Generally it was very easy to pass, but depends on the positions and different bosses.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • Your previous work experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Remember that don't ever let HR downgrade your position and pay. "Stay what you want!"
    Once you get in, the annual increment will be lower than what you expected and very difficult to get promoted.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SembCorp in March 2009.

Interview

competency based. just the typical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join this department   1 Answer
    • what is your long term career goal   1 Answer
    • do you mind working out of singapore   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SembCorp in March 2008.

Interview

They will ask you standard question on your experience and talk more about yourself. Do promote yourself and honestly what are your preferrence. What you hope to learn and what kind of job scope can the company offer you. Do not talk about salary expectation unless you are a super high flyer. Practise on your interview skill before the day of interview with someone so that you will be more confident on actual day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like leaving the company   1 Answer
    • Tell me more anout yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

do not be too diffcult on yourself and the HR