Seminole County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seminole County Public Schools Interview Questions

2.4

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Sanford, FL).

Interview

Pretty easy. The assistant principal was the one that did the interview. They called me back for a job offer. I accepted and have been shelling there ever since

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a few years professionally?   1 Answer

Instructional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Sanford, FL).

Interview

After filling out the application, you will need to submit transcripts of all college education. Then send out employer verification forms to past employers, hoping that they will return them to the County Office to verify your years of experience. Your experience will be reviewedas to what is accepted. You will need to be finger printed, drug tested, and have a background check completed- at your cost. Often you will get a phone call regarding a position, as HR has to interview a specific number of applicants. A determination is usually made within a couple of weeks, wherein you will receive a phone call offering the position, or a letter stating otherwise.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel your strengths are?
      What methods would you utilize in this situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.. Annual union and school board negotiations set the salaries; and salaries are set, as determined by years of experience awarded

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Deland, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Horrible. Basically told me that I would work like a mule and if that was okay then I should continue the job interview. Also, I was asked how I felt about unions? I found that inappropriate

Anonymous Employee in Winter Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Winter Springs, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online using the employment system. When the window closed, I received a phone call from the school asking for an interview face to face with the principal and assistant principal. After the interview I was called the following day and offered the position.

Fourth Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Oviedo, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I was hired through one interview. It was very typical of teacher interviews and the principal liked that I sent her a personal email with my resume and reasons why I wanted to work in her particular school. The process was very pleasent from start to finish. The questions were mostly scenarios and "what would you do" type of things.

Interview Questions

• How have you used Kagan strategies like think pair share in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seminole, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Seminole, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

All jobs are on-line with submitting a resume for each position. You might need to volunteer and substitute at schools, to get noticed. Also, be willing to participate in "after hours" clubs. Be ready to sell yourself and know technology. Teaching is not a job for people that look at hourly pay but rather it as a salary position. Teachers do not get paid for vacations like most jobs. Teachers are not paid for grading papers, doing lesson plans, training at night or on the weekends.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be hired and not the other 50 applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set pay scale

Instructor, Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Oviedo, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I love to teach and I have a lot of experience in different countries as a class room teacher. I love the young people or children, because they are pure and ready to learn. The future world need good people who can work for the unity of mankind and not for hate and war.

Interview Questions

• As an expert in European and Middle Eastern languages, I know the problems of teaching different languages.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seminole, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Seminole, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I had to jump through so many hoops to get this job! Unbelievable amount of paperwork prior to submitting the application. Then you apply for a job, and the principal gets your resume and decides who they want to interview. They DON'T see your cover letter or anything else. Ugh. I got my job by visiting the school on my own--even though I wasn't supposed to.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a lesson you're really like to teach and why."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You're paid what everyone else with your level of experience is.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Oviedo, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online.Called of interview within a week. A lot of schools hire last minute in the summer, because employees will quit or move at the end of summer leaving a lot of open positions.

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Seminole County Public Schools (Oviedo, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

200-300 applicants for every position. Had to jump through hoops. Application, resume, professional references, fingerprints, background check. Online application. The usual. Then wait for interview. NO bites. I had to call in a favor with an old contact to get my one and only interview. The interview was in-person with an assistant principal. It took weeks. Get started early. Good luck.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. Take it and consider yourself lucky. Then prepare to be abused.