Semtech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Semtech

3.2

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Semtech (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

interviewed at local Semtech, with members of the team one by one. takes 45 minutes for one person. 3-4 hours in total. It was an entry level position so was focusing on basic power electronic and circuit knowledge

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was extremely strenuous and difficult. Interviewed with multiple people that had great but firm personalities and presence. Although it was difficult, if you keep your nerve and truly understand what you can bring to the able, the interview can be easy. The best thing about the interview was that it was very straight forward.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

- Found advertisement online and replied. Email to set up phone interview with Manager.
    - Phone interview went over 1 technical (explain resume project) and 1 behavioral question (one thing you are best at and one thing you failed at)
    - Followed up after interview and then was asked to come in on-site for interview.
    - Spoke to 5 engineers
    - "What is the bandwidth dependence of an op amp"
    - "Insertion Loss of cascaded amplifiers"
    - Came back for 2nd onsite interview - only team fit

Interview Questions

• Use CMOS Nand as an amplifier and plot the current vs input voltage.   1 Answer

Test Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Semtech in February 2016.

Interview

First, I got a phone interview invitation by email and did the phone interview with a hiring engineer's assistant. It took about 20 minutes. The phone interview was about almost behavioral questions. Then, I did on-site interview with two engineers. The on-site interview had both behavioral and technical questions. However, most questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss about resume (Project and Work experiences).
      Tell me about low-pass filter.
      Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Semtech in February 2016.

Interview

Let candidates know - A pet peeve of many job seekers is that they are left hanging after an interview, or they are promised follow-up that never comes. If the candidate is a good fit, be clear about what the next steps will be. And if the candidate is not a good fit, make the call as soon as possible out of courtesy.
    Compare notes and reach consensus - The post-interview evaluation is the time to compare notes and advance the hiring decision. Each interviewer should be prepared to back up remarks and recommendations with specific examples and notes from the interview.
    Deepen the questions as you narrow the field - Subsequent interviews with finalists are valuable opportunities to learn more about them. Consider recreating a real business challenge the individual would be facing.

Summer Interview

Interview

I applied through university recruiting. Met with recruiter for interview on campus, then with manager on-site. Both interviews consisted both behavioral and technical questions pertaining to circuit design. Both recruiter and manager were very friendly and did not hesitate to clarify any questions asked

Failure Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Semtech (Camarillo, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

first got a call from hiring manager, then from a senior engineer. HR called for onsite interview.
    Four rounds onsite interview, with Hiring manager, 2 engineers and HR. Pretty easy for an experienced engineer. No awkward or strange questions

PCB Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Semtech (Redondo Beach, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I went for an in person interview. I spoke to 2 engineers and an Engineering manager. They asked question about my experience designing PCB's and what software programs I had used.
    I later went back to speak with the Director of Engineering for a more general conversation about the company and the direction it is going in which seemed promising to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any experience with RF PCB Design?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Semtech (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied through a hiring agency. The interview was done by Semtech managers and was probably 5 minutes long. Very simple questions they just wanted to hear "yes" to.

Interview Questions

• Can you work 12.5 hour shifts?
      Can you work the graveyard shift?
      Can you follow these testing procedures?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Semtech (Morrisville, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

they need ppl to help their summer work at that time i was a second yr phd student. the interview was like 4 hrs interview it was not hard