Semtech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.2

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Semtech (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied through a hiring agency. The interview was done by Semtech managers and was probably 5 minutes long. Very simple questions they just wanted to hear "yes" to.

Interview Questions

• Can you work 12.5 hour shifts?
      Can you work the graveyard shift?
      Can you follow these testing procedures?
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was extremely strenuous and difficult. Interviewed with multiple people that had great but firm personalities and presence. Although it was difficult, if you keep your nerve and truly understand what you can bring to the able, the interview can be easy. The best thing about the interview was that it was very straight forward.

Test Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Semtech in February 2016.

Interview

First, I got a phone interview invitation by email and did the phone interview with a hiring engineer's assistant. It took about 20 minutes. The phone interview was about almost behavioral questions. Then, I did on-site interview with two engineers. The on-site interview had both behavioral and technical questions. However, most questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss about resume (Project and Work experiences).
      Tell me about low-pass filter.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Semtech in February 2016.

Interview

Let candidates know - A pet peeve of many job seekers is that they are left hanging after an interview, or they are promised follow-up that never comes. If the candidate is a good fit, be clear about what the next steps will be. And if the candidate is not a good fit, make the call as soon as possible out of courtesy.
    Compare notes and reach consensus - The post-interview evaluation is the time to compare notes and advance the hiring decision. Each interviewer should be prepared to back up remarks and recommendations with specific examples and notes from the interview.
    Deepen the questions as you narrow the field - Subsequent interviews with finalists are valuable opportunities to learn more about them. Consider recreating a real business challenge the individual would be facing.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Semtech (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Resume drop at the campus fair. Later, Got a call to attend the interview. The interview well experienced design engineers. They go in depth and expect to know what you are getting yourself into. Friendly though! I didn't get an answer to a particular question and in the end, they gave the solution to that!

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Semtech (Richardson, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was initially called by human resources. I had a phone interview with the mixed signal manager. Next was the interview - the team (5 or 6 engineers - analog, digital, test) & the manager - same time. Went OK -except for the technical part - which I totally blew.

A simple question - design a 3-bit ripple-counter. I wanted to write Verilog code, rather than draw the gates. A total brain ****. :(

Advice - do your work before hand - like some practice interview problems .....

Interview Questions

• design a 3-bit ripple-counter   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Semtech (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

interviewed at local Semtech, with members of the team one by one. takes 45 minutes for one person. 3-4 hours in total. It was an entry level position so was focusing on basic power electronic and circuit knowledge

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

- Found advertisement online and replied. Email to set up phone interview with Manager.
    - Phone interview went over 1 technical (explain resume project) and 1 behavioral question (one thing you are best at and one thing you failed at)
    - Followed up after interview and then was asked to come in on-site for interview.
    - Spoke to 5 engineers
    - "What is the bandwidth dependence of an op amp"
    - "Insertion Loss of cascaded amplifiers"
    - Came back for 2nd onsite interview - only team fit

Interview Questions

• Use CMOS Nand as an amplifier and plot the current vs input voltage.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Semtech (Camarillo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviews were very long over a 3-4 month period. Multiple levels were inefficient . Panel interviewing would be more reasonable instead of the 7 separate interviews. Recruiters are very skillful at preparing you for the interviews by disclosing "their" difficult questions and personalities of the different people to allow you to excel in the interview. Seems they do a booming business here with turnover ! (red flag)

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent time you failed badly because of your communication style or behavior. What did you do ? Consequences? How did you adjust?   Answer Question

PCB Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Semtech (Redondo Beach, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I went for an in person interview. I spoke to 2 engineers and an Engineering manager. They asked question about my experience designing PCB's and what software programs I had used.
    I later went back to speak with the Director of Engineering for a more general conversation about the company and the direction it is going in which seemed promising to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any experience with RF PCB Design?   1 Answer