SendHub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SendHub Interview Questions

Interviews at SendHub

Interviews for Top Jobs at SendHub

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendHub.

Interview

I don't enjoy leaving negative reviews, especially for a start-up, but I think that it's important that management be made aware of shortcomings in their hiring process, as few candidates will ever directly tell them.

I'll start with the positives: the management team seemed like excited, motivated and engaging people. Their business idea was exciting, and it would've likely been an interesting and likely positive place to work at.

The whole interview process, including the skills test was fairly reasonable, though I also thought that the three hour time limit to perform the coding exercise homework was a bit of an unpleasant imposition on my schedule. The interview process involved video-chat interviews with management and engineering, and included both "soft" interviews as well as technical.

None of that is where the interview process fell through.

After my last interview, I missed a call from their recruiter at some point during non-business hours while I was traveling. Upon calling the recruiter several times the next business day and not getting through, I was puzzlingly informed the day after that they "had prepared an offer for me, but were rescinding that offer since I was apparently not interested or had accepted another offer, and since they had already hired someone else".

Marked as "Yes, but I declined" since that was what I was told.

Interview Questions

SendHub Response

Mar 8, 2015 – CEO & Cofounder

Hi,

I'm really sorry about this experience, I can understand why you'd be upset. Please email me ash at sendhub dot com, as I'd love to find out what happened here.

All fulltime offers at SendHub are given personally by me - either over the phone or in person, then a written version is emailed directly to the candidate. We have never, nor would ever, rescind an offer to a candidate. In addition, a recruiter would not know if a candidate is getting an offer, we would tell the candidate directly.

Once again, I'm very sorry the recruiter told you something incorrect. I'd love to get this resolved, so please do email me.

Thanks

Ash Rust
    SendHub, Cofounder & CEO

Python Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SendHub (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 parts: coding challenge, phone screen and onsite session. The coding challenge task was to create a message routing server in 24 hrs, the task definition which i got by email was quite detailed and clear: implement a REST server, a routing algorithm(s), provide tests, complexity and other explanations and notes. I did not believe I gonna make it in 2 days but it actually took me a day. They seemed to like it, and the phone interview had been scheduled which was short and where we discussed a bit the challenge implementation plus a few technical questions. It went well too and I was invited to the onsite interview: 6 sub-sessions, 30m each, with questions about: networking, system resource monitoring, load balancing, Python, algorithms, 'behavior' and even hobbies. It went ok for me but probably not great - did not get an offer. However it was very positive interview experience despite of the negative result: dynamic, very efficient, pretty relaxed talk with smart and very friendly guys; and it seems really nice place to work for energetic and ambitious professionals.

Interview Questions

• How Python works; DFS (with/without recursion), elevator design etc.   Answer Question

Full Stack Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendHub (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

This interview process was nearly two weeks. First with a recruiting company in the UK purplerecruitment.com. Then he shared my resume with CO and team. In the end they gave me 48 hours to build an API which they indicated could be done in 3 hours by strong candidates. I have sample code at github under the user thecount12 listed as sendhub.

Create an API using python-Flask org django Goal to Build an HTTP REST API endpoint that routes messages optimizing for the number of network requests.

I wrote negative experience only because it took a lot of time out of my day to test for this job and get absolutely no feedback.

Interview Questions

• work history stuff then a long comprehensive test to complete in 48 hours   3 Answers

SendHub Response

Mar 4, 2015 – CEO & Cofounder

Hi,

First of all, I want to apologize for the negative experience you had, regardless of the circumstances we want every candidate to feel respected and it seems we failed you here.

We agree that 3 hours is a lot to ask of a candidate with no feedback, so we'll be adjusting the challenge to be less time intensive. However, in this case we did provide feedback through your recruiter and I confirmed with them that this was passed on to you. If you didn't get it, please let me know via email and I'll provide it again.

I also wanted to mention that our interview process in this case lasted for 8 days. We originally reached out Feb 16 and notified you about the result on Feb 24.

Again, I'm really sorry you had a bad experience with us, we'll be working hard to improve our process for others.

Thanks