Senior Star Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Community Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romeoville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Senior Star (Romeoville, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Skype interview , then personal interview with 3 members of team. Everyone was very comfortable to speak with. Skype interview a bit intimidating as it was one sided, but it worked for me as they called me for a in house interview then a phone interview from corporate trainer.

Interview Questions

• What created the interest in Senior Star.   1 Answer

STNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Senior Star (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

Hiring and Interview process was detailed. The people were all very friendly. I walked in to fill out an application and was shown a video about their culture. I then was given another application to complete. A few days later I was scheduled for an interview. I met with my future manager for the interview. Teamwork was discussed in the interview and is something that is taken very seriously. The position of the job and my future goals were discussed. Eveyone was very hospitable during the interview. I was scheduled another interview with the executive director for another date. The executive director further expounded upon the views of the company, how they implement that into their community, and what was expected. All in all the interview process went well. References were checked a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate. I felt that the offer was great and it was a step up from my previous employment. We had briefly touched on what the pay scale would be during both interviews and my qualifications and education in the interviews.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romeoville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Senior Star (Romeoville, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

it was a typical interview. they did take forever to call back for a second interview which at the time seemed like nobody communicated about it in the process. they asked really basic questions and lost my application by the time they got around to interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• basic common interview questions   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Senior Star.

Interview

The Interview process was extensive but relevant. The entire process consisted of a phone screen, two onsite interviews and two online assessments. One onsite interview with the hiring manager and the second with other staff members from the local office.

Interview Questions

• What is the most constructive criticism you have received professionally?   Answer Question

Received counter offer from current employer

Front Desk Interview

Interview

Normal interview, nothing outstanding. Interviewer gave a good overview about the job and what was expected - asked typical question and was generally welcoming.
    Required to take a weird online test for employment that asked questions about hitting people when you got upset or what drugs did you take.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Senior Star (Tulsa, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews both online and in person. Interviews were driven by cultural fit with the company.
    Initial interview was a video interview conducted online, then a phone interview followed by 3 in person interviews.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Senior Star (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

The process was exceptional until the very end. I was their chosen candidate and ended up taking an online assessment in the final steps of the process. One question was worded in such a way I could not answer favorably without lying. I chose to be honest in answering yes to a question because I did, in fact, end up with company equipment valued over X dollars. The company had bought new computers and employees were allowed to purchase the old laptops for rock bottom price. In the end, the job was not given to me because of my honesty - very disappointing given the elaborate standards the company proudly boasts about in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Great dialogue back and forth - nothing difficult or unexpected came up.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Senior Star (Tulsa, OK) in April 2011.

Interview

The company has been expanding since December of 2010 and my interview process spanned roughly six (6) months. But other than that it was a pleasant interview experience. The interview process is focused on finding not only a qualified candidate but also on what they believe would be a good cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• While there were a few technical questions I don't think this was more difficult than the average interview in the accounting and finance field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated an acceptable salary but was not able to negotiate vacation (below average paid-time-off benefits).

CNA/Care Giver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romeoville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Senior Star (Romeoville, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was brought into room, offered something to drink and a snack. 2 employees came in and shook my hand and greeted me. I was toured around and on the tour everyone said hello to me. Great experience.