Sentry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sentry Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.4

Safety Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sentry.

Interview

The interview process was interesting. I applied online and then was scheduled for a video interview. The first interview went fine and then I had another video interview with the head safety consultant out of Wisconsin. I received an e-mail the next week saying I didn't get the job. In my opinion, I was already making too much money and the company couldn't offer me more. The position seemed like a lot of hours and I couldn't get a direct answer on how many hours a week I would work. The position was for the Southern California area and I would be the only risk rep for that area (limited support). I didn't get an offer, but probably would have turned it down due to the amount of hours and amount of unknowns.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you were in a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentry.

Interview

Online "record responses" due within 48 hours of you applying. Questions were situational and aimed at a new college graduate, not a seasoned producer. Didn't get questions about how my experience would be perfect for the job. Open any HR101 book and look up chapter for questions to ask applicants.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sentry.

Interview

Very extensive. In person with the manager. Interview with HR. Take a sales personality test. If you pass (many do not). A phone interview with the regional manager. They then fly you to Stevens Point for an in persons with the same regional manager and then a regional manager from a different region. At least that's how it was back in 2010 when I did it.

Interview Questions

• They are really trying to find out if you will work hard.( Because if you get the job you will have to work really hard to make it). And that if you believe the customer comes first. The test and company culture really wants you to put the customer first. But pricing does not put the customer first. All they care about is increasing the renewal premiums year after year.   Answer Question

Entry Level Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sentry (Goldsboro, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online via a job posting, received an invite for a phone interview. Phone interview was asking about my past skills and experience and a couple STAR questions. Got past the phone interview and had an in person interview in front of two managers. They asked more about experience, why I left previous job, and some STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength and biggest weakness.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about at time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Entry Level Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sentry in December 2016.

Interview

- 1st "Interview" online via Webcam
    - 2nd Interview was over the phone
    - 3rd Interview was in person

- During the 3rd and final interview they gave an accident scenario question.

The interview questions were standard, but on the the questions I had at the end of the 3rd and final interview such as how long a worker typically stayed in the Entry Level Claims Rep position, they gave vague answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you handled a difficult customer?

What would your current boss say about your work performance?

On a scale of 1-10 how good are your computer skills?
      1 Answer

Claims Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sentry (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

2 days after i had applied only i received an invitation for a phone screen, after that i had the face to face interview with the hiring managers. The whole process took about 1 week.
    I received an offer for a different position but still with plenty of opportunity's to move up.

Interview Questions

• Questions were job related, and were based on day to day situations.   Answer Question

Product Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentry (Stevens Point, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was informal and very comfortable, questions asked were easy to answer honestly, interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk with, I appreciated their attentiveness and interest in myself

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sentry.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one person with a focus on my resume. I was invited to an in person interview with two managers, where it was more of a question and answer interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me of an example of a time you could not make a person happy.   Answer Question

Fitness Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentry (Stevens Point, WI).

Interview

Started with a phone interview from HR. Then an in person interview where they showed me the fitness center and then we sat down and I was asked questions. There was supposed to be another in person interview with a personality test as well but I never got to that part of it.

Claims Representative Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sentry (Davenport, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

Disgustingly direspectful. The female besides the man didnt shake my hand or introduce herself. They both asked me redundant protocol questions. Within 5 seconds after the interview they talked about their texts. Horribly inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• Any general question...really didn't matter.   1 Answer