Sentry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sentry Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.5

HR Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentry.

Interview

Video interview with written questions (not with a live person). The questions asked were:
    1) Not relative to effectively assessing my knowledge, skills, and abilities.
    2) Not related to the job duties posted or
    3) Reflected such a bad culture that I would not want to work there.

While this company does a a lot of self promotion for enticing applicants to WI, the interview questions left a poor impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a strategy that failed for reasons beyond your control.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentry (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and immediately received a request to complete an online interview consisting of four questions. There was no time limit to record answer. Interview was incredibly easy in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions. Google basic interview questions and make sure to provide an example or share an experience.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sentry in November 2017.

Interview

I was surprised when I did not get an initial phone screen from the recruiter. I guess my resume/skills were sufficient. Immediately, I was setup to speak with an engineer/manager at the company for a phone interview. The conversation was pleasant.

Safety Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentry (Stevens Point, WI).

Interview

Position is based from home in different places of country
    Skype Interview with Managers

Fly to WI for in person interviews that last all day (5 interviews)
    They show you around, but it doesn't matter because you will work from your home region. The building is secure so you need a visitor key card, and you stay at a hotel, and a shuttle service picks you up and takes you from hotel to office, and then airport.

total time took about 3.5 months from application to start date

Interview Questions

• Education background, qualifications in safety and industry, sample scenario questions, any safety licenses or certifications
      scenarios are mostly about how to get a customer to listen to you as a consultant's recommendations. How to deal with difficult customers or sales reps who lie   Answer Question

Data Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sentry (Stevens Point, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through website and then asked to do video interview; just recording yourself answering questions. From there if recruiter is interested, will call and ask a few questions and when I was available to come in for face to face interview to meet the team leaders. After interview with team leaders and if they’re interested, they’ll offer a job; pending on your background check and drug test.

Information Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sentry in October 2017.

Interview

It was a self-paced online interview. I recorded segments of myself answering questions with a particular time limit of 2-3 minutes. I applied online and submitted several forms, including a transcript, competency statement, and resume. I also answered many questions regarding the status of my citizenship as well as other things pertaining to background information.

Interview Questions

• Essentially they were all questions regarding who I was as a person, and the things that I was looking to get out of an internship as well as what I was looking to do after college.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sentry (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good. Started out with an one end video interview. After video interview phase had phone interviews, etc. The interview consisted of basic every job questions like why you want to work here, etc.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentry (Stevens Point, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Video prerecorded interview. In person interview at main location. Very nice people all the way around. HR recruiter comes out and introduces themself first and Then you get taken back by the actual interview person. Then background check and drug screen. Background check approved yesterday, waiting to hear on a hiring decision.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sentry.

Interview

I was greeted in the main hall and interviewed by 2 hiring managers. Drug testing was done on site after my interview was complete. The whole process took about an hour.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sentry.

Interview

After filling out the application I took a computer stimulation test. After that there was an initial interview through an app on the phone. There wasn't an actual person asking you questions you would read the question and then record yourself answering it. The last interview was again virtual with 2 managers. I never heard back after that. There was no call or letter which I feel is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult liability decision you had to make and how did you come to your decision.   Answer Question