Septa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.1

Telecommunications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Phila, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Took and aced their electronics test, interview went well,- 470 people, They hire people as if they won the damn lottery...Oh, also, veterans won't get hired...-they think we have all the benefits to survive and money up the ass-yes, they asked...

Interview Questions

• Asked a few questions about my radio skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. Gentleman who interviewed me was cordial and polite and walked me through the questions. Customer service was the main objective with a tendency on safety and keeping on schedule.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance you showed good customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

First they asked about a lot of different customer Service questions which wasn't hard at all then they start talking about why I wanted the job which I hate that question then they went on about experience and other stuff to that nature

Track Welder First Class Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Septa (Jenkintown, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

3 foreman interview you. Graded on a scale, do well you have a shot. Questionaire is written by septa not the foreman. Dont take it, unless.it is really what you want.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone accused you of sexual harrassment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online in May. I received a phone call to come and take the test in July. Received a phone call in November telling me I passed the test and what day they wanted me in for the interview. Assistant director told me on the spot that I was hired. Still waiting for my criminal background to clear, which shouldnt be a problem since i dont have a criminal record. Interview was very easy everything is about customer service. Dress professionally speak clearly. Know everything you can about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Norristown, PA).

Interview

Apply online, called two weeks later, interviewed by a district manager that was an hour late. The interview and training process was a joke. The questions I was asked had nothing to do with whether I could do the job. Interviewer was more concerned about where my degree was going to take me and how that would affect his job.

Interview Questions

• How many years did I work for NYCTA?   1 Answer
    • Why are you still in school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever.

Assistant Conductor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Septa in September 2015.

Interview

You get a email or letter in the main saying to come to Septa Headquarters and take a test. The test is 3 parts, a customer service test, a math test and a engineer test. If u fail the customer service test, you can not take it for 6 months. The math test is 10 questions and you got to score a 70 or higher to pass. The engineer test is 70 questions and you will have to score a 60 or higher to pass. If you fail the math or engineer test, you can retake by sending a letter to Septa human resources. After two weeks you will get a letter in mail telling you your test scores. If u pass the test, you will be on a waiting list for a interview. It can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months. It Al depends on when the next classes starts. Once u get an interview last between 45 to an hour. Mainly about customer service but will also ask questions about the regional rails.

Interview Questions

• Name all the regional rail lines?   2 Answers
    • Name some regional rails station?   Answer Question
    • Name all the state and countries the regional rail serve?   2 Answers

Interview

I applied on May 7, 2015 and have yet to hear back from them. Does that mean the position is fill? I've also applied for something else in the past and within a week I got an feedback, but this time completely nothing. Is this normal?

Bus Operator Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Septa.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Got a letter for the test. 120 questions. Wait to get contacted if you passed the test. If you passed the test you get interviewed

Interview Questions

• How long did you have you license?   1 Answer

Rail Vehicle General Mechanic/Electro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Phila, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took about 8+ months, Recruitment Department did an excellent job.patients are needed during this process,but hang in there it will come! Very excited about this new opportunity... Apply in Jan/ Tested in Feb/ Interview in Apr/ Background in Jun/ Drug test in July/ Hiring in Aug/ Hope this helps ease you nerves if your waiting.