Septa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Septa Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

Bus Opeator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Darby, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Upper Darby, PA).

Interview

A friend at my old job had a connected relative downtown therefore SEPTA took my application from the bottom of the pile and put it to the top. I was a shoe in. I had an incident at my old job that SEPTA personnel was aware of and yet they still hired me. Just goes to show you what you can accomplish at SEPTA if you have the right connections!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about swing shifts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was asked to come in for an interview a month later. Three employees interviewed me. They asked simple questions about my resume to verify it. Then some problem solving questions about HVAC design because that is what the job position was for. They gave me feedback about my answers and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a plumbing system for a client. What aspects would you consider?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly. Introduced the company for me and then few questions based on my previous projects both academic and real-time. Few basic programming questions(oops) and Front end and source control(GitHub) questions and Behavioural questions.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

After a series of two phone screen interviews, a panel meeting consisting of 5 interviewers took place. Interview lasted approximately an hour while responding to a series of scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

You had to make a powerpoint and then present it. There were 3 people in the room. It took about 2 months overall. Great learning experience though. It helped with my interview skills. Very hard

Telecommunications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Phila, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Took and aced their electronics test, interview went well,- 470 people, They hire people as if they won the damn lottery...Oh, also, veterans won't get hired...-they think we have all the benefits to survive and money up the ass-yes, they asked...

Interview Questions

• Asked a few questions about my radio skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy interview. Gentleman who interviewed me was cordial and polite and walked me through the questions. Customer service was the main objective with a tendency on safety and keeping on schedule.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance you showed good customer service.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

First they asked about a lot of different customer Service questions which wasn't hard at all then they start talking about why I wanted the job which I hate that question then they went on about experience and other stuff to that nature

Track Welder First Class Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jenkintown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Septa (Jenkintown, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

3 foreman interview you. Graded on a scale, do well you have a shot. Questionaire is written by septa not the foreman. Dont take it, unless.it is really what you want.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone accused you of sexual harrassment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Septa (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online in May. I received a phone call to come and take the test in July. Received a phone call in November telling me I passed the test and what day they wanted me in for the interview. Assistant director told me on the spot that I was hired. Still waiting for my criminal background to clear, which shouldnt be a problem since i dont have a criminal record. Interview was very easy everything is about customer service. Dress professionally speak clearly. Know everything you can about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer