Serta Simmons Bedding Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Serta Simmons Bedding Interview Questions

Interviews at Serta Simmons Bedding

2.8

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serta Simmons Bedding.

Interview

The interviews were being held off site because the plant was not open yet in Carteret, NJ. It was a panel interview. They focused on past experience, they explained the job. They stated we would have to travel for training. Training ended up being 9 months.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask anything out of the ordinary. They did want details of what you did on previous positions.   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Serta Simmons Bedding (Houston, TX).

Interview

Not upfront with details of compensation of job. Hiring process is through email (job offer) and not attractive at all. If I had no driving experience then I'd entertain the offer but the Hiring process through the net is not how you show your candidate that you're valued as a employee to the company. "its a two way street!"

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serta Simmons Bedding (Moreno Valley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very informal and relaxed. I was able to take a tour of the facility. We went over the job requirements and how my previous experience applies to the current position. I was also able to meet other team members after being interviewed one on one.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in quality control?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Serta Simmons Bedding (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Casual and friendly. I talked to a variety of people across the organization in multiple functions. They were open and transparent about the company history, culture and future prospects for growth. The recruiter was my single point of contact for all discussions about the job and the final offer and details. It took about two months from start to finish to complete the process.

Finance Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serta Simmons Bedding (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Professional interview with hiring manager and business unit lead. They laid out expectations and were very transparent in what they were looking for. If all companies did this then tenures would be longer.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work 60 hour weeks for a good portion of the year?
      If you had something due at 5pm and did all the research but couldn't get it done by 5pm what would you tell your boss?   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Serta Simmons Bedding.

Interview

I was placed by an agency. Pleasant interview experience. It did not last long, I was offered the job within a a few hours. Nice work environment. Your typical interview process. Talk to the hiring manager in person.

Area HRBP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Serta Simmons Bedding (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, plant visit, corporate visit. The interview process was extensive because of the level of the position. The process was organized throughout and helped me understand the interview process both as an applicant and then as an HR professional with the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a large scale conflict.   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Serta Simmons Bedding (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was connected with the opportunity through a recruiter. Several phone interviews prior to onsite interview. Interviewed by phone with talent management, hiring manager, and operational peer to hiring manager. Interviewed onsite with hiring manager, potential peers, hiring manager peer and hiring manager superior. Normal behavior based questions. The process took many weeks. Need to be patient.

Interview Questions

• At annual physical inventory there is found a large variance, what do you do?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Serta Simmons Bedding (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

quick, breif and straight to the point. The team did not ask a lot of questions but was straight to the point. Seemed over worked and tried. Four people interviewed me.

Kaizen Promotion Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Serta Simmons Bedding (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The phone screen and interview set-up process was handled by an outsourced HR company. Went smoothly. The on-site interview was a panel interview with HR, plant manager and subject matter expert SME. Interview lasted a little over 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to make a tough decision? Most all the questions were behavioral based.   Answer Question