Sharp Electronics (US) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Paterson, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview with HR, Then with the Director of project management (the person i will be working with) and the VP, After that with the President and head of Appliance division. It was a very to-the point, thorough interview which covered the company, job role and their expectations. Overall a very positive and amazing interview.

Technical Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Mahwah, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Went very smooth. Went over what they are looking for and answered any questions I had pertaining to the job. They were very nice and it was very comfortable setting.

Territory Sales Representative Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was with (2) branch/sales managers and brief meeting with an HR representative. A follow up appointment was completed with a week - personality assessment tests which checks the skills in how you think and come up with answers. A background check would have run about 5 days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle your current customers and how would you gain "net new" customers?   Answer Question

For a reputable company, the salary compensation just wasn't the right fit. I have many years of industry experience (18+ yrs) ... the compensation plan was significantly lower than expected. The compensation for a tenured and experience rep was just too low. This position is a great fit for someone right out of college or entry level as it matches other entry level IT sales rep positions for other companies in Phoenix.

Territroy Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) in March 2016.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Branch manager was able to respond quickly to any questions. Assessment tests is done which checks your skills in how you think and come up with answers. Background check room about 5 days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle your current customers and how would you gain met new customers   Answer Question

Salary compensation just wasn't the right fit. Having applied with many years of experience...the compensation plan was significantly lower than expected. Great people! Very personable! The compensation for a tenured and experience rep was just too low. This position is a great fit for someone right out of college or entry level.

Branch Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and all applicants need to provide accurate information about your work history, background history, education and professional references. The process took 30 days from beginning to end.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

First there was the standard online resume screening, followed by an in-person interview, then I met with the senior staff (including the president) and did a brief job shadow with one of my would-be co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Issues with past employers, why gap in employment, are you looking for quick advancement or little movement, have you been fired, etc.   Answer Question

Corporate Escalate/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process consist of one on one interviewer; I came in to interview for one position and was interviewed and was offered a position for another title. I was asked various questions about my experiences, skills and knowledge about this position and was confident about the position that I was offered.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions regarding my experiences, titles and positions and how I would handle different situations if I were in that positions.   1 Answer

Customer Service Support Representative - Pleasanton, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Job posted November 5, 2013 - On Indeed.com (Apply Button) connected to the Corporate website - https://careers-sharpusa.icims.com. Two weeks after, I contacted the Corporate contact email and no answer. Then I contacted Corporate HR thru LinkedIn.com & contacted by phone the Corporate HR department. I got a email reply from one of the Pleasanton, CA HR Branch Manager noting that they are "still reviewing". Couple of weeks after, December now, I contacted again thru email to the Corporate HR and she found out that the local Pleasanton branch "position is not yet filled, but they are nearing a decision. They do not expect to contact any other prospective applicants at this time." Going thru the application process and waiting period to be contacted for a potential interview is frustrating. Only to hear or see in a email you won't be getting an interview. The job market is awful since the Recession.

Interview Questions

• Not given a chance to interview.

"...HR contact has to manage several open jobs & has to review hundreds of applicant resumes. It is would be impossible for her to follow up with every applicant to every position. "

Yes, I know but this is being said or mentioned every time I follow-up to find out about the status of my application and/or cover letter & resume submittal. This is disheartening. Americans want to work. Companies are not hiring enough jobs and HR and Managerial staff are not considering valid qualifications.
      1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Very…by the book
    Had a phone interview with HR department, met with branch manager and then with regional manager

Negotiation

stick to your guns….but listen carefully.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was brought in for 3 rounds of interviews. There was an initial over the phone interview and then 2 rounds of face to face interviews with the decision makers. Very typical questions were asked during the interview process. What are your strengths and weakness, provide examples of key accomplishments, tell me about yourself, why are you currently looking, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you failed and what did you learn.   Answer Question