Sharp Electronics (US) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sharp Electronics (US) Interview Questions

Interviews at Sharp Electronics (US)

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US).

Interview

It was a two stage interview , Firstly with the Finance manager then with the CFO. Pretty straightforward interview process. Felt comfortable with the interview and it was not awkward.

Interview Questions

• Went through my CV and asked questions and went through the role.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (India, MS) in July 2019.

Interview

Process took two weeks. I was contacted by the local recruiter to setup an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was the following week, which turned into an interview with the GM as well. Was offered the position a week later.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates interviewing for this position?   2 Answers

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter-> Phone interview hiring manager-> complete on-line testing-> on site face to face interview with hiring manager, AVP and team members-> meet with HR to discuss salary/benefit

Interview Questions

• How do you handle your feeling when you feel discourage?   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2018.

Interview

The whole process was very professional. They also made you feel very comfortable as well. Everyone was really nice and the office environment definitely reflected both a professional and nice environment.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job. what is wrong with current employer   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The process was very straight forward. That asked all the typical questions and very briefly talked about my own experience. Seemed to just want to get out of there. They were really nice people though.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Bellevue, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very Very long, soon to be service manager, very upbeat ,I have never had such a stress free interview!, They also provided a skills assessment,
    It took a while to get background check done

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The questions were largely aptitude/ knowledge based. I don't recall any behavioral questions.
    I arrived on time but I was made to fill out an application while waiting for about an hour and a half for the interviewers to join me.
    The most senior interviewer made some lukewarm comments throughout the conversation, and eventually he got irritated with me when I asked him to clarify one of his questions.
     He seemed like the type of person that expected respect simply because he was the boss; like he was doing me a favor by simply being there. I was not given the impression that he would be a good person to work for.
    In the end, I was disqualified because of a technicality; something that could have easily been overlooked if they really wanted me. Overall, I do not feel as if I have missed a good opportunity.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Montvale, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

Two one hour interviews with two executives. Verbally offered job but declined to send formal offer. Vetted me very thoroughly for entrance level position. Did not make the position seem to good

Territory Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at Sharp Business Systems in Alpharetta, GA. Met with one of the sales managers, who was very candid and upfront and offered to sit down with me and explain their hiring process. He did not want to waste my time or their time and I thought that was pretty refreshing because an interview rarely starts out that way. The interviewer explained that they were looking for aggressive salespeople that would be selling 100% copiers (!) throughout a zip coded territory in the North Atlanta are. The work would involve 100% cold calls and building a business throughout the territory. The base salary was extremely low for someone of my sales background, which includes about 15 years of account management sales. Even with the first year projected commissions, the total compensation would not come close to equalling my current base salary. The interviewer told me that it would take 3 to 5 years to build up a respectable six-figure salary. I asked the interviewer if anyone at Sharp had bothered to read my resume and that their starting salary is not competitive for 2017. It was amazing to me that a world-class organization such as Sharp would offer such a meager starting salary for qualified salespeople. I thanked the interviewer for being so upfront and honest, but this was a really a cleverly disguised entry level sales position for college graduates who want to start out in sales and start building their resume. I regret that I wasted my time on this company interview, but I am grateful to the interviewer for not sugarcoating a very strenuous, low paying/high turnover sales opportunity. The interviewer offered to take me through the hiring process if I had been interested, but I declined because there are more respectable sales organizations out there that pay a competitive wage for experienced salespeople.

Interview Questions

• Here is what involved with the sales position and here is what Sharp is offering for a starting salary. If you are interested, I can take you further through the hiring process.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Paterson, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview with HR, Then with the Director of project management (the person i will be working with) and the VP, After that with the President and head of Appliance division. It was a very to-the point, thorough interview which covered the company, job role and their expectations. Overall a very positive and amazing interview.

Technical Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sharp Electronics (US) (Mahwah, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Went very smooth. Went over what they are looking for and answered any questions I had pertaining to the job. They were very nice and it was very comfortable setting.