Shipcom Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shipcom Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.1

Legal Interview

Interview

Very laid back and informal as I was asked mostly about my prior experiences; I felt comfortable enough to ask most of my questions and was given seemingly honest answers

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with pre-litigation work and minimizing risks   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Shipcom Wireless (Houston, TX).

Interview

Pretty much sucked. Called me in, wasted my time, negotiated a salary, got an email saying they're working on regrouping a team, will get back at me. Lost interest and pursued another Consulting gigs.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shipcom Wireless.

Interview

Received call from hiring team. Pre-screened with basic questions. Then set up interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager than referred to upper management. Once interview with upper management was done, HR asked final round of questions, negotiated salary and benefits and offer was made within few days.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if your colleagues and management disagree with you on a work related subject.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shipcom Wireless (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

one face to face interview. meet the VP. nice person. Easy going interview. i think he was looking for someone quick to place the position. As long you had the education and you were willing to travel he was willing to accept you.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use excel? tell me about yourself? very casual interview   Answer Question

Clinical Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shipcom Wireless (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I had three phone interviews then a face to face interview via FaceTime. It took emails and months of back and forth communication in order to get the job. I interviewed with three different trainers, the training director, and human resources director.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shipcom Wireless.

Interview

Initial phase was structured.
    Recruiter reached out, left a crisp voice mail to call back- I retuned the call and hit his voice mail. He called back, apologized for missing my call.
    Discussed Shipcom, explained the high growth and future growth potential and sent me an email with the job description along with some information to be given.
    He called back on receiving the information, went over the information I submitted, he reiterated multiple times on travel which I found a bit annoying since I had informed him I was OK with it.
    He negotiated the salary but did not commit on it, said he wanted to ensure it was within range.
    Interview was scheduled by a lady who sent calendar invite.
    Pretty professional till this stage.
    I met with an EVP - looked professional but as the interview progressed he seemed superficial, suddenly the CEO walks in and hijacks the interview. I am asked to go to his office were he brought in a few other people, it was very weird, 4-5 people and the CEO goes on and on about different things. He is all over the place and has no coherence.
    He demeans my current job/colleagues saying they can contine doing what they do or join in a sarcastic way. Shipcom where they can do much better, he is more interested in knowing how many more people i can bring along with me.
    All others are just looking at me like I am a centerpiece.
    He talks about how "he is a man of God" and how he mentors people to become the best but they join him 'cheap'. Justifying that he is lowballing me.
    He went on to tell he, if he were a candidate he would pay shipcom to hire him, this is the biggest bunch of nonsense i have heard ever.
    He ended the interview with words of advice, which neither i was interested or inclined to hear.
    I decided to join, not because of Shipcom but because I was jobless and needed the money.
    I was hired for a specific position and moved to a completely diff role once i joined.

Interview Questions

• How many people can you bring to join Shipcom   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will offer barely minimum wage for a job that requires 100% travel and pad it by saying you will get a per diem. But per diem is to take care of your daily needs when onsite and does not feed the family.
    DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO LOWBALL YOU.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shipcom Wireless (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Take too long, Managers talk too much of themselves, dictate the conversations, shows carelessness whomever they were talking to, more about how they want things to be done, not how they needed help and why they're bring in people. Poorly presenting their products, shows lack of processes

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask questions, more about themselves, not paying attention what potential employees bring to the table or open to their ideas   Answer Question

Implementation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shipcom Wireless (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

3 interviews. Surprised to see that CEO interviewed me. The job description was poorly defined. They were in a rush to hire. Managers were not very efficient. The project was interesting so i took the job.

Interview Questions

• Irrelevant. Just want to know when i could start   1 Answer

IRD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shipcom Wireless (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I literally had no interview.
    HR: Interested?
    Me: Yes.
    HR: Check your email for Job Offer Letter.
    Me: OKkayy... (In my mind, is this a real company or fake one?)

Got offer letter in minutes and got my flight booked to go to site in 2 days. No training. Nothing.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shipcom Wireless (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial Communication through email. They give responses to all resumes sent.
    Quick Hiring process. Basic Supply chain related questions Interview process itself took only ten days from the day of sending resume to get the offer letter. Easy to moderate behavorial and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• A situation where you are asked to make presentation to the VP of a company   Answer Question